Aim Environmental Group is looking for a Human Resources Manager to join the team working out of our Stoney Creek Ontario Office. The ideal candidate will have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Human Resources Management or undergraduate degree along with a Post Diploma degree in Human Resources Management
- Ideally working towards or having a CHRP Certified Human Resources Professionals Designation
- COR courses obtained through IHSA, previous COR experience
- 5 years’ experience working as a Human Resources Manager
- Strong Health and Safety background
Role and Responsibilities:
- Scheduling and tracking of all Aim Waste contracting field staff and planning for future labour requirements
- Creating and keeping current all job descriptions for all current positions within the Aim Group of companies
- Dealing with any disciplinary actions doing the write up in coordination with the Senior Manager in addition to visiting the employee in the field to go over the disciplinary action with them.
- Administer and assist in staff review process and ensure reviews are completed in a timely fashion.
- Doing a quarterly AIM newsletter speaking about projects new technology and news at AIM
- Responsible for Organization and updating Staffing Charts
Recruitment and Selection
- In alignment with senior management and operational needs; perform recruitment programs to meet human resource requirements for Aim Group companies.
- Responsible for Recruitment and Selection Cycle: ensuring that candidates are met with by two members of the team for field employees HR and appropriate Division Manager
- Responsible that reference checks and vetting of candidates takes place
- Ensuring that all new hire documentation is in place and complete
- Responsible for scheduling Sure hire program and pre-employment testing and reviewing results with candidates
- Responsible for paperwork and new hire sign up ensuring that they have signed off on all associated policies and procedures and health and safety documentation, and have required training
- Coaching Supervisors and Managers on best practices with regards to disciplinary actions and terminations
- Responsible to assist all supervisors, managers and employees in all branches of the company with any Human Resources related issue inclusive of bi-annual employee reviews.
- Assisting Managers in identifying staff who should progress through the company through additional training and educational opportunities
Health and Safety
- Creating site specific Health and Safety plans in conjunction with input from PM and client Health and Safety consultant
- Tracking all incidents and accidents and maintaining them on the shared drive
- Tracking of training and updating shared drive with regards to training
- Responsible for maintaining up to date MSDS sheets
- Lead on COR for both Ontario and Alberta
- Responsible for all form 7 submissions and tracking return to work for injured employees
- Responsible for Health and Safety training and advising senior management of best practices to implement
- Undertaking continuous safety training as required to ensure the adherence of all Health and Safety related regulations
- Creating and implementing annual training modules for WHMIS, Violence and Harassment in the Workplace and Fall Arrest, Lead Awareness and Asbestos Awareness working with IT provider to create an employee section to the web site where employees can log in and do all of their annual training
- Visiting each job site once a month to do a health and safety walkthrough and associated paperwork
- Researching and costing of training for those managers and or Project Managers that require training that cannot be provided in house
- Responsible for organizing field training ( WHMIS, Fall Arrest and others as determined)
Policy & Procedure
- Responsible for Policy Creation and implementation
- Investigate situations such has harassment claims and violence in the workplace claims as per Aim policies and procedures
- Responsible for informing all supervisors and senior managers of pending and upcoming annual reviews for members of their team
- Helping to add value to the review process be re-examining the annual review forms and ensuring that the process is fair and just
- Responsible for benefits administration and informing non-unionized employees on RRSP program
The roles and responsibilities outlined are not exclusively exhaustive for the position, as incumbents may be required to perform other related duties requested by their supervisor.
Please submit your resume via email, referring to this posting and state salary expectation.
Indeed - 14 months ago
AIM is a single source solution resource organization, working with several local, national and international partners to provide solutions...