AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great pay, awful middle management
Private Client Group Underwriter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: incompetent middle management.
I worked for this company for one year. This division is trying to compete with the "BIG" boys in the private client market. They do not want to invest in technology rather make the employees work like dogs until they have to go on stress leave.

Stay away from this division of AIG at least in Canada as it's a sinking ship.
ِ A place full of work and produciton
Financial Lines Leader (Former Employee), egyptMay 16, 2014
It was a wonderful place to work and I have learned a lot as I worked for AIGsince I graduated

Work environment was full of enthusiasm and seriousness and monitoring to deliver the highest levels of service to customers

I have learned that the man should keep his promises because insurance is a promise

Each working day was a journey for me, on the level of salesو solving customer problems or assist customers in reporting incidents

And each month was a contest until we reach the required budget

The toughest moments, when one of the colleagues has to leave the company

The most enjoyable part of the work is reviewing the monthly and quarterly achievements

The Hardest part of the job was the responsibility of providing the right cover to the client which covers his risks
emerged with new vision and management team
Zonal Executive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
Great training
Excellent management team
Expertise
Reputation
A great company to work for! Alas, it was only a temporary contract job!
Human Resources Assistant - AIG (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with; fun atmosphere...
Cons: short assignment!
The weekdays duties and tasks were divided as per a set schedule, but there were some slight variations sometimes, depending on various factors, as they arose.

Although the daily tasks were practically the same every week, there was never a dull moment, since the figures and accounts varied, as well as the clients, bringing along some kind of fun suspension.

As an HR Assistant, I also had to provide support for the management team and had the opportunity to learn a lot from my managers and co-workers, as I offered my help around.

Having learned my duties early on soonest after I took on the job, everything came along easy.

The hardest part was when my assignment was finished, and I had to leave the company.

I so wished I could have stayed on permanently....
Great team of coworkers
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 26, 2015
AIG offered great learning opportunities. A tight knit group of coworkers made for an enjoyable work experience. I strived to meet and exceed all expectations placed on me.
Challenging Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 25, 2015
Challenging Environment with the potential for transfer to other departments
Great Company
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Amarillo, TXJanuary 22, 2015
Great company, management and co-workers. Plus, the benefits are great. I enjoy my interactions with my co-workers and clients. I have been with AIG since March of 2014. First as a temp, then I was hired full time with AIG in August of 2014.
Great benefits
Internal Wholesaler (Current Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: tons of time off, match your 401k contribution 100%
Overall, the internal wholesaler position is quite easy going. It can get stressful at times with actually issuing the policies. I have learned how to be confident with sales and the coworkers are fun.
Responsible for claims data on computer program.
National Training Consultant (Former Employee), Gurnee, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: working with people.
Cons: being away from home.
Traveled, training staff on computer data program for tracking claims. Worked with staff transferring all claims data from paper logs to computer program. I reported to home office in New Jersey while residing in Illinois. Enjoyable part of job was traveling and meeting new people in different offices. Hardest part was being away from home.
Good place to capitalize on growth within
Agency Director (Current Employee), Erie, PAJanuary 20, 2015
I have learned a lot about how to properly educate and position people in strong financial positions with their retirement portfolio. Also, learned a lot about how to protect all assets and liabilities with certain financial vehicles.
Project Manager (Former Employee), New JerseyJanuary 19, 2015
Project Management, Planning, Coordinating, Risk Monitoring, Reporting, Implementation, Support; Multiple projects, cross-functional, PMO.
Horrible Place to Work
Sr UNIX Administrator (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: decent pay, good hours, able to get work needed to be done, flexible schedule
Cons: bigotry, good ole' boy club, cronyism, arrogant management that does not see their own ineptitude, racism / no minorities in management positions, little sharing of information in problem solving process, excessive red tape / hinders problem solving process, no advancement
Highly political company. Heavy red tape inolved in internal processes. Motivations based on he said she said mess instead of actual information. Very Crony, this company promotes from within. It promotes based on management likes instead of qualifications. Some ideas not liked or proceed based on who said them. No minorities in management.
Dedicated and accomplished Executive Administrative Assistant with 20 years of experience assisting Senior Management and C-level executives.
ExecutivemAssistant / Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great supervisor
Cons: being a contractor
My typical day working for AIG was challenging. I learned that most other companies on-boarding is done in HR, while the EA's at AIG are responsible for this business function and it's a major part of daily responsibilities using Fieldglass, CREST, Service Now, ACRA and PPM. Bill pay and learning new software on the fly is also something that's done within the department using SAP. My supervisor at AIG was the very best. He on-boarded me and supported me during the knowledge transfer of my training to learn the position. He mentioned that I learned very quickly all areas of the position and handled the demanding responsibilities very well. He also said he had never seen better in his 18 years at the company. I couldn't have asked for a better teacher. The hardest part of my job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was learning so much during that time that I was asked by another department to educated them on the process that on-boarding required the full spectrum of on-boarding. It was nice to know that I did it so well, that I made it look easy.
Marketing Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 13, 2015
I am proud to work with AIG for almost 10 years which I learned and grow a lot. They have a great team always ready to help. Thanks to AIG I complete some important certifications from LOMA which I learn a lot and really help me to grow. The hardest part is to keep working and studying at the same time but it really worth it.
Thank you AIG for all the opportunities you gave me.
Good place to work and learn
DOTNET Technical Lead/Project Leader (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 12, 2015
I really enjoyed working in AIG.I have learned many work ethics and improved my professional behaviors.
Productive and have a very neat and clean workplace environment
IT Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee), Alabang, Muntinlupa CityJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: free meal and fare allowances during typhoon
Cons: heavy workload that causes to everyday overtime. less manpower.
I consider my every day at work as everyday is a challenge. Being an IT Helpdesk analyst is not easy it is a multitasking job that support locally through phone and emails. We should be able to answer all the inquiries of the users. Also, we must be able to troubleshoot different issues regarding on user's computer such as network connection, maintenance etc.Everyday is a heavy workload.

Through this job, I learned a lot of things such as on how to handle multiple request, to work under pressure, how to be patient and many more.

it was fine working on my colleagues. they are very hardworking.

The hardest part of the job are really challenging, such as working on and handling a multiple requests like granting and deactivating of access, produce a ticket upon receiving an issue and most of all is on how to handle a different type of users.

The things that i enjoy on my previous job was i learned a lot of things specially on IT field.
A memorable experience
Sr. QA Analyst / Lead (Current Employee), Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: a memorable experience
A memorable experience - learnt a lot, good working environment, good team mates
Decent Policies, Poor Corporate Backbone
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), KentuckyJanuary 7, 2015
Training is great at the local level. Support from upper management and corporate is lacking. Most agents in the area are starving.
Financial Advisor
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJanuary 6, 2015
 Managed and grew book of business of $45.8 million from 2012 to 2013.
 Implemented investment strategies to help K-12 clients retire on target.
 Conducted seminars for the Clayton County school system to attract new clientele.
same
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 5, 2015
my background gave me the opportunity to teach others. In the most resent year the hardest part of the job was being the only female in the department.

1 2 3 4 5

About AIG

ABOUT US: AIG is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in 130+ countries. AIG companies serve commercial, – Read more