AIG

AIG Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great pay, awful middle management
Private Client Group Underwriter (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: incompetent middle management.
I worked for this company for one year. This division is trying to compete with the "BIG" boys in the private client market. They do not want to invest in technology rather make the employees work like dogs until they have to go on stress leave.

Stay away from this division of AIG at least in Canada as it's a sinking ship.
ِ A place full of work and produciton
Financial Lines Leader (Former Employee), egyptMay 16, 2014
It was a wonderful place to work and I have learned a lot as I worked for AIGsince I graduated

Work environment was full of enthusiasm and seriousness and monitoring to deliver the highest levels of service to customers

I have learned that the man should keep his promises because insurance is a promise

Each working day was a journey for me, on the – more... level of salesو solving customer problems or assist customers in reporting incidents

And each month was a contest until we reach the required budget

The toughest moments, when one of the colleagues has to leave the company

The most enjoyable part of the work is reviewing the monthly and quarterly achievements

The Hardest part of the job was the responsibility of providing the right cover to the client which covers his risks – less
emerged with new vision and management team
Zonal Executive (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 27, 2014
Great training
Excellent management team
Expertise
Reputation
A great company to work for! Alas, it was only a temporary contract job!
Human Resources Assistant - AIG (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: nice people to work with; fun atmosphere...
Cons: short assignment!
The weekdays duties and tasks were divided as per a set schedule, but there were some slight variations sometimes, depending on various factors, as they arose.

Although the daily tasks were practically the same every week, there was never a dull moment, since the figures and accounts varied, as well as the clients, bringing along some kind of fun suspension.

As – more... an HR Assistant, I also had to provide support for the management team and had the opportunity to learn a lot from my managers and co-workers, as I offered my help around.

Having learned my duties early on soonest after I took on the job, everything came along easy.

The hardest part was when my assignment was finished, and I had to leave the company.

I so wished I could have stayed on permanently.... – less
Company Review
Manager, IT/Systems Integration (Former Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2014
AIG/American General was an excellent company to work at. I was laid off in February 2013.
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 19, 2014
There's nothing better than a company that cares for their employees. Promotion, career advancements, work-life balance, families, giving back to the community are just a few of AIG's benefits.
AIG input
AIG Senior QA Lead (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 16, 2014
Pros: location, work from home posibilities
Cons: life - work balance is not there.
Good experiences, good environment, good exposure to technologies, overall good exposure to all types of personalities and social levels. Hardware was top of the line to cover the work load required on a daily bases.
Benefits are pay too
Manager, P&C (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits, pto, corporate discounts
Cons: limited mobility, lower payscales
If you search indeed, payscale, salary, glassdoor, or any other compe sation site you will see that AIG consistently pays less than competitors for the same job title. With that said, with the benefits package they offer, you'd have a hard time matching what the extras are that are offered. If you've ever faced a large medical bill, you know that this – more... is worth it.

The upper management is constantly changing, often leading to multiple direction changes and lack of focus.

The folks who work regular jobs are usually good people, but upper managers only look out for each other. AIG is a good place to get started, but leave as soon as you've learned enough to get to another company. – less
Productive workplace. Professional peers and management.
Senior Technician-Premium Audit Technical Services (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2014
They helped with my education and my co-workers were professional and enjoyable. I enjoyed working with the auditors and underwriters.
good work life balance
Appeals/ Investigations Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: good work life balance
Cons: no upward mobility
strong company, continuous job related training, salary low
Fast paced environment
Licensing Specialist II (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 7, 2014
High volume, demanding environment.
Requires quick comprehension and execution.
Management feedback is delivered annually or if problem arises.
Interesting and helpful
PIU (Former Employee), Croydon, ENGOctober 6, 2014
Great working with a helpful team and good management. Training at beginning made the work very understandable and easy to get on with
Very difficult place to work in, let alone succeed.
Director, Data Analytics (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJOctober 5, 2014
Pros: large company. could have potential with unified leadership.
Cons: overly political and bureaucratic
Leadership constantly changes direction.
No collaboration within or amongst teams.
Technology is embarrassingly disparate and out of date.
Do not develop staff.
Extremely hard to get the simplest of tasks done.
AIG
Supervisor (Former Employee), İstanbul, T34October 5, 2014
AIG was a wonderful place to work and it was a great experience.
Good place to start but get out quick
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Exton, PAOctober 3, 2014
Pros: good experience whens just starting out
Cons: lots of phone calls and you are required to go door to door to collect money from past due customers
Good experience if you are starting out in financial services. Required to make lots of phone calls and sometimes drive out to peoples homes to collect their money for their past due accounts. Can go to some pretty poor areas to collect this money, such as trailer parks and inner city ghettos.
Good
Sr. WebSphere Middleware Consultant (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 29, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Good company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Edina, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Headquartered in Houston, good place to work. Coworkers are pleasant to work with
sweatshop
Paralegal II - Claims Staff Counsel (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: generous pto & health insurance
Cons: no opportunities for growth, . management is untouchable & micromanaging, . no teamwork, no annual raise fot past 3 years
Worked In legal department. Heavy volume with
No admin support
Productive and fun
Internship in CMO (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 11, 2014
Awesome environment to work for. Managers are very helpful especially if you are studying and doing internship they help you with your homework.
Day at Work
Dell Workflow Coordinator (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: no advancement
A typical day at work as a workflow coordinator would be managing at least 200 tickets a day, answering phone calls from our follow technicians and responding to emails from your boss and clients

1 2 3 4 5

About AIG

American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in a range of insurance – Read more