AIG Employee Reviews

AIG Is a forward thinking and ever progressive Company focused on providing their Clients with the best products and service to suit their needs
Training Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2016
With out a doubt this firm is very current with all technical aspects and tools to assist its employees in being as productive as possible and meeting their personal work goals.

The company encouraged goal setting for all their employees and in so doing also encouraged employees to reach and achieve if not surpass the individual goals set. This in turn made for a better environment in which to work.

One of the best things I am able to take from my time at AIG is the sense of Teamwork and the ability to always use ones initiative to the advancement of my own and the Company's benefit.

To be honest, I did not find any aspect of my work to be hard and therefor enjoyed each and every moment while working. The most enjoyable part of course is when completing a course with my students, how they would express to me their gratitude how easy I made the training for them and took the fear out of learning about technology, no matter at what level they were at.
Pros
The People
Fun
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
AIG is a great place to work. I have always felt supported and I believe my manager genuinely wishes for me to succeed. Other team members are also very happy.
Great atmosphere
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2016
Enjoyed coming into work each and everyday. Leads allowed me to get maximum exposure on Automation tools such as Rational Functional Tester.
Great pay, awful middle management
Private Client Group Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2014
I worked for this company for one year. This division is trying to compete with the "BIG" boys in the private client market. They do not want to invest in technology rather make the employees work like dogs until they have to go on stress leave.

Stay away from this division of AIG at least in Canada as it's a sinking ship.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Incompetent middle management.
A great company to work for! Alas, it was only a temporary contract job!
Human Resources Assistant - AIG (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 January 2013
The weekdays duties and tasks were divided as per a set schedule, but there were some slight variations sometimes, depending on various factors, as they arose.

Although the daily tasks were practically the same every week, there was never a dull moment, since the figures and accounts varied, as well as the clients, bringing along some kind of fun suspension.

As an HR Assistant, I also had to provide support for the management team and had the opportunity to learn a lot from my managers and co-workers, as I offered my help around.

Having learned my duties early on soonest after I took on the job, everything came along easy.

The hardest part was when my assignment was finished, and I had to leave the company.

I so wished I could have stayed on permanently....
Pros
nice people to work with; fun atmosphere...
Cons
short assignment!
Good company competitive salary
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, Canada9 June 2014
AIG was a great place to work at.
The environment was very good.
The company tried to provide a work life balance for staff.
Pros
The staff is able to participate in E-Works programme - working from home 3 days per week.
Cons
Lots of changes implemented without input from the staff.
ِ A place full of work and produciton
Financial Lines Leader (Former Employee) –  egypt16 May 2014
It was a wonderful place to work and I have learned a lot as I worked for AIGsince I graduated

Work environment was full of enthusiasm and seriousness and monitoring to deliver the highest levels of service to customers

I have learned that the man should keep his promises because insurance is a promise

Each working day was a journey for me, on the level of salesو solving customer problems or assist customers in reporting incidents

And each month was a contest until we reach the required budget

The toughest moments, when one of the colleagues has to leave the company

The most enjoyable part of the work is reviewing the monthly and quarterly achievements

The Hardest part of the job was the responsibility of providing the right cover to the client which covers his risks
emerged with new vision and management team
Zonal Executive (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 March 2014
Great training
Excellent management team
Expertise
Reputation
Loss management
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2013
Assessed and evaluated moderate to complex risks for the accident and health, group travel and special risk plans.
Determined risk acceptability, pricing, coverage, terms and conditions by evaluating information and exposure on risk.
Increased sales by applying effective pricing and underwriting in accordance with the Company guideline and personal authority.
Excellent Company to work for
Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2015
Excellent Company to work for, it was a pleasure to have worked for this company.
Excellent HR support and company is well structured.
Pros
great hours and close to Go train
Great
QA Lead (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2013
have excellent team to work,enjoyed the project and even took the tough times with my team and worked together to resolve all the issues