The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for coordinating the development and implementation of all Flexitallic Canada marketing and communications strategies. The incumbent will aid in designing enhancements to and development of communications and marketing programs in order to promote Flexitallic Canada and its products and services.
Primary Accountabilities & Result Areas:
1) Creation, implementation and maintenance of a fit for purpose marketing strategy and supporting program, in alignment with corporate guidelines.
2) Creation, implementation and maintenance of a full spectrum internal and external communication strategy and plan.
3) Governance of the Flexitallic brand within Canadian operations, creating leverage and value-add to the various business units.
4) Creation, set up and associated organizational learning for the tools and methodologies associated with marketing and communications within the Flexitallic Canada business.
5) Create and oversee an active Community Relations and Awareness program in support of Flexitallic goals.
Typical Duties, Actions and Responsibilities:
- Interact with external and internal clients to deliver Flexitallic Canada’s messages.
- Serve in a support capacity to bring technical subject matter expertise to the executive team.
- Research and help to develop and implement new marketing programs, including direct mail, corporate sales, Internet marketing, conventions, workshops, advertisements, sales tools and other initiatives.
- Aid in promoting brand initiatives with corporate business goals and objectives.
- Coordinate the marketing and communications function to ensure a consistent message and decrease any overlap in duties or efforts.
- Aid in the implementation and conversion of new logos or letterheads.
- Identify changes in the market (through the monitoring of various social media sites and online publications).
- Provide market research supporting any suggestions of new marketing and/or communications initiatives.
- Provide editing services to ensure that all communications are appropriately worded both in grammar and in content.
- Determine target markets and their various characteristics, aiming to broaden the appeal of Flexitallic Canada’s brand.
- Build communications templates.
- Present to the Executive Team as required, suggesting new directions, trends, and/or changes in the current direction of Flexitallic Canada’s marketing and communication plans.
- Help to ensure all products, services and other offerings conform to brand identity; conduct ongoing brand management.
- Support Sales team to determine pricing and profitability margins based on market research and other projections.
- Work with designers, writers, editors, and other creative staff to produce marketing collateral in accordance with brand messages.
- Develop and propose marketing plans with budget requirements.
- Monitor, evaluate and report on competitor activities; make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered.
- Analyze potential new products/media to enhance the marketing and communications work of Flexitallic Canada.
- Ensure that all materials are developed and distributed according to an appropriate timeline determined to maximize sales initiatives.
- Oversee the development, management and maintenance of all current and future online communication vehicles including Internet and Intranet websites, e-mails, Online social media (including Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.).
- Plan and manage external communications efforts using external support resources as required for media events, publicity and special events.
- Directly support and/or prepare internal employees to act and speak on behalf of the organization in routine and special circumstances including product launches, community relations events and emergency situations.
- Establish a routine with post-secondary institutions to promote Flexitallic as a future employment destination.
Experience Qualifications and Related Skills:
- 3 to 5 years of experience working at an intermediate to senior level marketing and communications role with demonstrated direct contribution and impact.
- Exceptional command of the English language, including grammar, punctuation and spelling, with contacts for translating materials effectively into French.
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building and brand management.
- Experience in creating and executing successful e-mail marketing, internet marketing, and direct marketing programs.
- Proficient with web layout and graphic design concepts.
- Strong innovation, planning and influence skills.
- Project management and multi-tasking skill
- Superior computer and software capability, including MS Suite.
- University degree in marketing, advertising, business administration, or communications
- Project Management and/or Priority training
- Leadership, interpersonal and influence training
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Up to 15% of time dedicated to travel, including driving
- Ability to attend and conduct presentations
- Manual dexterity required to use computer and peripherals
- Variable levels of extra hours as dictated by business activities
- Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- High paced, results oriented environment, with multiple and sometimes conflicting priority
Indeed - 6 months ago
AGS GROUP INC. has been meeting the gasket, packing and sealing product needs of the industry sense 1979. By using cutting edge technology,...