The Finance Manager is responsible for the management and administration of the Finance Department including the preparation of financial statements, supervision of the accounting team, managing cash flow, preparing weekly and monthly operational reports, managing the year-end audit and tax filings, and supporting the operations team to improve production efficiencies.
Primary Accountabilities & Result Areas:
1) Prepare high quality financial statements and other financial information and reports complete with all necessary working papers and supporting documentation.
2) Assist in developing a strong product costing system, and analyze production costs with an aim to improve production efficiencies.
3) Assist in building the architecture of a strong internal control environment with an objective to ensure efficient and effective policies and procedures.
4) Supervise, lead, train and develop the accounting team members.
5) Ensure and effective communication flow with operational management that will allow finance to identify and mitigate potential problem areas as well as exploit opportunities.
Typical Duties, Actions and Responsibilities:
- Monitor accounts payables to ensure that purchases and expenditures are within budget and in accordance to policy.
- Record all accounting transactions including business transactions, processing accruals and adjustments, reconciling accounts and preparing monthly financial statements.
- Ensure that all month-end financial accounting duties and all resulting financial reporting are completed timely and accurately.
- Coordinate all activities within the Finance Department including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, generals accounting, special projects accounting, financial planning and reporting.
- Oversee and provide support/supervision to the activities and staff members of the finance department.
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring and regular performance support to subordinate employees regularly and as necessary.
- Assist the VP of Finance in the recruitment, training and performance evaluation of Finance personnel.
- Supervise and assist in the reconciliation of bank statements and preparing bank deposits.
- Supervise and assist in the development and maintenance of accounting files and records.
- Supervise and assist the Finance staff in the process of inputting financial information into computers.
- Record all business transactions, process accruals and adjustments, reconcile accounts and prepare monthly accounting statements.
- Assist the VP of Finance with the development of financial projections and annual budget development, the analysis of financial data and financial audits.
- Assist the VP of Finance in implementing AGS’s financial investment plan.
- Participate in financial planning activities.
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly forecasts and variance analysis..
- Coordinate the development of the operating and capital budgets.
- Develop and implement a fixed asset inventory control system.
- Assist departmental managers in the development and administration of their budgets.
- Monitor budgets of all programs and provide the departmental managers with regular reports.
- Prepare and ensure accurate bank reconciliations.
- Prepare financial statements on a regular schedule and as required.
- Complete year-end adjustments.
- Prepare for and participate in annual and other cycle audits.
- Assist in the development of financial policies and procedures.
- Ensure adherence to all procedures and policies.
- Keep knowledgeable of federal, provincial and municipal developments, laws and policies that may affect the financial operations of the organization and prepare federal and provincial financial reports.
- Participate in required meetings; providing input and recommendations.
- Perform other accounting duties as assigned.
Experience Qualifications and Related Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have a manufacturing background with a strong emphasis on product costing, and analysis of production variances
- Computer literate, including effective working knowledge and skills of MS Word and e-mail, with advanced Excel.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements.
- Advanced proficiency with Cognos software is desirable
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization.
- Previous experience assessing the performance of financial department employees.
- Well developed coaching and leadership skills, both on a formal and informal basis.
- High attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices.
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new software.
- Highly developed organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team as well as independently.
- Able to maintain confidential information.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess a current professional accounting designation (CGA, CMA, CA).
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
- Limited travel may be required.
- Primarily office environment, manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Tight deadlines, extra time as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required.
Indeed - 21 months ago
AGS GROUP INC. has been meeting the gasket, packing and sealing product needs of the industry sense 1979. By using cutting edge technology,...