- Senior Automation Engineer
- 10 – 15+ years of experience
Summary of Position
The Senior Automation Engineer will be responsible for developing automation / electrical system designs within the scope of work defined by the client project. As well, the position will include the opportunity to lead automation projects within the technical expertise of the successful applicant. That will include Project Management and mentorship of a team of junior and intermediate automation technologists and drafters, client management and complete responsibility for project deliverables from scope to start-up.
- Engineering Degree or Technology Diploma. Consideration given to technical personnel with demonstrated, practical experience.
Systems Knowledge and Experience (5+ years’ experience with at least two of the platforms listed below).
- GE PLC Systems and Proficy Machine / Plant Editions
- Allen Bradley PLC – ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC-5, FactoryTalk View, RS View
- Honeywell Experion
- Honeywell TDC 3000
- Rockwell Plant Pax
- ABB 800xA
- Prepare Functional Descriptions, Detail Design Specifications, and Software Test Plans
- Design system control panel drawings
- Participate in P&ID and other design reviews
- Assist in the design and modifications of new and existing process control, electrical and various instrumentation systems
- Identify and support cost reduction and process efficiency improvement initiatives
- Programming/Testing of PLCs and/or DCSs and Configuration of HMIs
- Available for Field Commissioning
Must Have Skills (5-10+ years of experience in a design capacity)
- Good working knowledge of electrical drawings, P&IDs, Shutdown Keys
- Oil and gas operations experience is an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational, project and time management skills
- Practical understanding and ability to use MS Office tools including Word and Excel
- Motivated self-starter
Indeed - 16 months ago
AGI Automation is an equal opportunity employer providing a full scope of industrial automation, electrical design and implementation...