Position: Data Scientist
Experience: Minimum 2 + years of work experience
Salary: Competitive (to be negotiated)
The Data Scientist will work directly with company founders and engineers to improve learning algorithms that drive adaptive learning features within the product. Additional duties will include using data to better understand customers and improve profitability for the data-driven sales and marketing team.
Data Scientist is unique opportunity in the field of Data Science and Big Data. We envision the ideal Data Scientist to possess the following:
- Apply machine learning to optimize ad selection for millions of end users
- Develop algorithms to take into account hundreds of different attributes to build user profiles
- Interface with the Business Intelligence team to produce the data required for machine learning activities.
- Interface with Product Engineering team to ensure correct implementation of algorithms in the ad serving stack
- Interface with Product Management to develop requirements and analyze the tests/data resulting from machine learning activities
- Suggest and implement integration of first and third party data to build richer targeting and profile assets
- Improving the process of data preparation and iteration of algorithm optimization
- PhD in CS/Math/Statistics or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience in a Data Scientist role
- Strong desire to work for a fast-paced, flexible environment of a startup
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Creativity and a willingness to experiment
- Proficient in machine learning methodologies (regression, classification and unsupervised approaches)
- Familiar with Bayesian statistics
- AB testing, design of experiments
- Hands-on experience with R/Weka, SQL/Hive, Cassandra, Java/Python, Hadoop, Map/Reduce, PIG, Cassandra as well as classical SQL environment, SQL and procedure SQL
- Familiarity with the digital media / advertising industry is a big plus
- An excellent communicator and a leader, able to articulate complex decisions to the cross functional team
- 5-7 years of experience in strongly analytical environments including big data processing and analysis
- In-depth expertise in data mining, predictive modeling, forecasting, machine learning and Statistical analysis
- Any programming language such as Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Shell scripts, Java, C, etc.
- Exceptional oral / written communication skills with power presentation / documentation
Indeed - 7 months ago
To revolutionize the recruitment process in order to enable any business, regardless of size, an equal opportunity to acquiring the...