The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO)
($65,564 – $ 77,131)
The AGCO is currently seeking seven AGCO Inspectors in both Toronto and Gananoque Regional Enforcement Units (REUs).
In this role, an AGCO Inspector will use his/her thorough knowledge of the Liquor Licence Act, Gaming Control Act and respective regulations, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation Act and other related legislation to inspect licensed premises including special occasion permit functions, break-open ticket vendors, bingo halls and registered lottery retailers to ensure compliance.
The AGCO Inspector will interpret and enforce regulatory law, assess public interest issues relative to liquor and/or gaming complaints/violations, participate in and conduct investigations, undertake corrective action and maintain effective liaisons and working partnerships with police services and provide guidance and advice to licensees, registrants, applicants and the public.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in/and substantial knowledge of law/regulatory enforcement and investigative techniques.
- Excellent report writing and organizational skills with the ability to successfully meet frequent deadlines.
- A proven ability to build relationships at all levels with internal and external stakeholders.
- The ability to make sound decisions when faced with difficult/confrontational situations.
- The demonstrated ability to give evidence at hearings and court proceedings.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using word processing applications and MS Office software.
- A willingness to travel and work variable hours (including nights, weekends and statutory holidays).
- A valid driver’s licence with an acceptable driving record.
- Toronto, Ontario – five positions
- Gananoque, Ontario – two positions
Interested candidates may apply to this position by forwarding their résumé and cover letter quoting the job title ‘AGCO Inspector’ and location(s) of interest in the e-mail subject line by May 20, 2014 to:
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario – Human Resources Department
The AGCO is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.
Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request.