AFD Petroleum is currently looking for a Procurement Specialist for our Head Office location in Edmonton, AB. The Procurement Specialist is responsible for the tactical procurement of supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. The Procurement Specialist coordinates his or her efforts with departmental managers in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory. This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the company, while simultaneously building and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers. The ideal candidate will possess:
- A Post-Secondary education in Business, Finance, or Supply Chain Management
- At least three years of Purchasing experience within the fuel industry; demonstrated knowledge of purchasing and contract techniques and procedures
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation
- Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations with a calm and steady demeanor
If you are an energetic, self- motivated individual who would like to contribute to the success of a growing company, then this could be the job for you.
Indeed - 16 months ago