AECOM Employee Reviews

productive and fun
Intermediate Insulation Estimator/Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 February 2016
professional atmosphere with high expectations regarding your own work. Fair and fun place to work on a day to day basis.
decent
Journeyman Electrician/lead hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2015
good to work for keeps you going. large company and many opportunities many people doing good things for many peoples large areas of work over north america
productive
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kandahar, SK29 May 2015
I was always happy to start the work, every day was different from other, almost every day I learned for new vehicles , and I learned how to operate them,
Management was very good , ever day they try to carry for us with daily safety briefings.
it was nice also working with my co-workers because we helped each other, learned, assisted.
The hardest part of the job I can say was the heat because temperatures mostly of time was more than 40 Celsius.
most enjoyable part was when we did our job on professional way and our supervisors paying pizza for us,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
end off mission
Great safety culture and work ethics
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 September 2015
Lots of work time with little time off
so big pay checks
great people to work with on a day to day basis
great experience with such a new company
Pros
Long hours and good LOA = $$
Cons
not much time off for the family oriented in these times
Unethical - Infrastructure Services Markham
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham ON14 August 2014
Keep away from this group. Unethical practices and poor management. Overtime is compulsory and no work life balance. All they care is profit and not the employee. You are just a number in the 100000 firm.
Pros
Good junior staff
Cons
Long hrs, unethical practices, poor management with no focus on innovation, win jobs with low bids.
Strong culture but lack in industry
HR Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
Aecom was a fairly good company to work for. I learned a lot in my time there but they do pay less than you should deserve. The people are great but the upper management is very segmented.
Familiar company, youth environment with great raffles along the year
Sales & Business Development Officer Latin America (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 October 2013
My co-workers were very supportive and those were a complement on my self-learning on the company technology. I had reported on weekly base new potential business opportunities, which I found through searching engine webs and customer sites as well. It was really exciting when I could set a sales agent in Mexico and I did some technical presentations as a result of working together with the agent. The hardest part of the job was denied some technical assistance when the customer needed it and was hard for me to accept such kind of management decision. It was amazing having learned on such unique technology and being in contact with new markets as Middle East and Asia and I was able to share my experience in Latin America with co-workers and my boss.
Pros
BBQs sponsored every Thursday during Spring and Summer.
Cons
Limited portfolio product
Big Company big opportunity
Site labourer (Former Employee) –  Cheecham, Alberta9 April 2015
Their are no typical work days, I learned a great deal about pipefitting rigging spotting welding and prep work as it pertains to the construction industry. Hands down the best part of the job was my co workers, the most enjoyable part was the paycheque. I suppose the hardest part of the job would be the weather in Cheecham Alberta in febuary, its all out doors and its cold, nuff said.
Pros
Great work life balance 14/7
Cons
Having to find a new work home when projects end.
positive work environment
Quality Assurance manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada17 May 2015
A good place to work, provided a great environment to learn and develop into a well rounded employee, Upper management was well engaged with subordinates giving adequate support when required
Pros
lunch and learn, carreer advancement
Cons
work may be slow at times
productive place,safety oriented,great people to work with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON18 March 2013
the day start with a safety meeting then job assignments and off to work,we always watched for one another to make sure every one was safe.I learned that working as a team can move mountains,and that is what we did:) The management was there to help us i nay way possible to make life smooth and answer any questions we might had,The hardest part of the job was to change pumps and or lines in cold days when it was -30 to -40 ,but we had to do it to keep the mine operational.The most enjoyable part was knowing you were going to work in a safe environment and to work with knowlegeable coworkers.
Pros
great wages
Cons
mine life project too short
great group of people to work with
Tool Crib Operator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB17 November 2015
Management strives to work with employees by providing ongoing training to keep workers abreast of newest policies on safety management to assist workers in their daily work schedule.
Good place to work.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB11 August 2015
Good company to work for. Great safety culture. Opportunities for advancement from within. Sometimes project timing can be sporadic.
great co-workers
4 th year electrician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 February 2016
good foremans always willing to help out in getting missing info. or finding a better way to accomplish task. willing to teach
Good company to work for.
Inventory/Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 October 2015
Good company however job security was always an issue. Working conditions were not always the best as a result of low budget. There was never budgeted money for continuous improvements.
work schedule and homelife balanced out perfectly
Heavy Duty Mechanic (apprenticeship) (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON11 June 2013
come in the shop, have a safety meeting with crew, plan out the assigned work. working at a mine has given me the chance to work on various kinds of equipment. management always provided tarining when neccessary. My co-workers were all easy going and patient. i enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was having to be away from home. most employees were fortunate to go home at the end of every shift. and the most enjoyable part was being able to work on and operate these huge pieces of equipment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not having to go home after every shift.
very comfertable company to work for
Haul truck and pit Dewatering Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON21 November 2013
was always happy to go to work.learned how to operate haule trucks heavy equipment and pumping systems
management where very easy to talk to and where very considerate to job needs
got along great with all my co workers
the hardest part of the job was weather conditions that would slow or stop operations would make for a very long shift
most enjoyable parts of the job was when everything went well and their where no delays and the people I worked with
Pros
good work environment and good peaple to work with
Cons
bad weather and shut downs
decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  alberta25 April 2015
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
Pros
camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..
productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 January 2013
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee) –  C3020 May 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work.
Good company to work for
loader operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2015
Its been many years with the same company. They always took good care of their employees. My co workers treat another with respect. I have learnd many different types of skills over the years