AECOM Employee Reviews

Productive, Fun workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 April 2016
I was hard worker in my team which includes Service Desk\Desktop team. The work environment was fun and friendly through years I worked there. The IT Department was very small when I started working in Flint\AECOM and then grew to big team and I grew with the team. I have gained lots of hands-on and technical experience through 10 years working in AECOM. I always was motivated to go to work every single day and to meet the challenges.
Pros
Friendly, Resourceful, educational
Cons
Not much room to grow
Not Great
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2016
Not Great. No overtime paid. Bad communication. Forcing systems to work before they are ready. 12 hour days without being paid.
fast paced work
Procurement/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 March 2016
everyday was like a new day, new problems, new orders, constant learning - on the job training. I developed my Microsoft skills further. improved on my data entry. Co workers made it a joy to come to work on a daily basis.
Pros
co workers
Cons
salary
oil based company, low amount of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 March 2016
The day would start off with a tailgate meeting with a weekly safety meeting every Wednesday. I learned on the job the different types of drill pipe. Management was a stickler for keeping records precise. My fellow co-workers we a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to find a location for incoming stock, there was such a lack of space in the yard. The best part of the day was when you got congratulated on a great job.
Pros
The safety meetings
Cons
lack of space in the yard
Very much enjoyed working for them.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Husky Sunrise8 March 2016
Enjoyed the Team I was with, all the guys were great. There was nothing wrong with management and they paid within the industry standard. It was a positive experience. To bad the price of oil is what it is.
Pros
Could walk to the office and we had our own bathrooms in camp.
Large Company
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
Good client list with opportunity to work on diverse projects across the globe. Good learning experience and work-life balance.
Tight knit, hard working group
QA/QC Manager Major Facilities/Major Projects (Former Employee) –  White City, SK29 February 2016
This was an excellent opportunity to broaden my understand of pressure piping fabrication , and turnover document creation. The group is very tight knit, and are hard working. The most difficult part of this job was becoming part of the team.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
Disorganized
productive and fun
Intermediate Insulation Estimator/Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB25 February 2016
professional atmosphere with high expectations regarding your own work. Fair and fun place to work on a day to day basis.
Good group of people
Pipefitter / Project Foreman (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB12 February 2016
With the down falling economy They keeps taking away from the worker even though they say there people are # 1? They have taken away the RRSP donation, and also had a wage decrees and possible another one in the near future .
Pros
Has a apprenticeship programs in place
Cons
Continue to drop wages
complexity and size of project
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2016
perform inspections, take photo and upload, check emails, communicate with site super and trades, write report, phone conversation and report work quality and progress, review drawings and spec, monitor tests, process invoices, study contract changes, communicate to co-workers about work and life,
The hardest part of job was arguing with contractor about quality and negotiate claims.
The most enjoyable part was work progress and learning new methods of work and familiarization with trades
Pros
flexibility to manage your time between different tasks
Cons
speding unpaid time to drive to job site
great co-workers
4 th year electrician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 February 2016
good foremans always willing to help out in getting missing info. or finding a better way to accomplish task. willing to teach
Co-workers and other tradespeople were easy to work with
3rd year apprentice, welder (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB19 January 2016
As long as it was a productive day at work and able to go home safe at the end of the shift, then it was a good day. Structural GF & the Pipefitter's GF were awesome guys to work for because they cared about the input of the people working underneath them. They knew that a happy crew was a safe & productive crew! Hardest part of the job, was watching people with families being laid off....On the account of management bidding aggressively on jobs!
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management hasn't changed their way of thinking about employees or the business
Great Company, could use better management
Registered Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 January 2016
At the time i was working for URS energy now AECOM. They kept me busy with challenging tasks that helped me along with my electrical apprenticeship. Management could use some help, if you weren't part of their inner circle, you suffered.
A well-managed company that values it's employees.
Site SCM Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Typical on-site industrial construction in the oil and gas sector.
Management was well represented and receptive. My co-workers were professional and respectful. The hardest part of the job was when there was no more work. (industry-wide economic downturn).
Pros
Management cares about it's people.
Cons
Other than factors beyond it's control (ie: industry slow-down)....none.
decent
Journeyman Electrician/lead hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2015
good to work for keeps you going. large company and many opportunities many people doing good things for many peoples large areas of work over north america
Good company to work for
loader operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2015
Its been many years with the same company. They always took good care of their employees. My co workers treat another with respect. I have learnd many different types of skills over the years
contract recruiter
Recruiter-contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
Aecom was going through some growing pains transitioning from FLINT, to URS and then AECOM. Oil prices dropped and they had to re org. has been a difficult time for many.
I loved being able to work from home and still be communicating with candidates regularly as I was recruiting for oil and gas.
The team I was working with was fantastic, although I was not in the office often, we had a very good working relationship.
Pros
working from home
Cons
work is dependant on oil prices
Strong culture but lack in industry
HR Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
Aecom was a fairly good company to work for. I learned a lot in my time there but they do pay less than you should deserve. The people are great but the upper management is very segmented.
A fun work place to be in.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
I have learned a lot about drafting and AutoCAD while working at AECOM. Very friendly colleagues and the project manager helped me through out the projects.
Pros
Lunch was payed by the company.
Cons
Long hours.
great group of people to work with
Tool Crib Operator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB17 November 2015
Management strives to work with employees by providing ongoing training to keep workers abreast of newest policies on safety management to assist workers in their daily work schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval