AECOM Employee Reviews

Very professional and comfortable work environment
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB2 November 2015
I enjoyed the management as well as the fellow employees at AECOM Inc. Communication between employers and employees was very smooth and efficient. And the company benefits were also very generous.

My time with this company was very enjoyable, and I would work for them again in the future. The overall atmosphere makes it not only an enjoyable but safe work environment.
excellent company to work for
Safety advisor (Current Employee) –  rural project AB30 October 2015
Have learned a lot about my field in my time with this company and have made many life long colleagues along the way. Has a very friendly atmosphere and great collaboration among different groups.
Good Team Atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 October 2015
Need more communication between business units and districts. A lot of juggling personnel around the offices.
A lot of unnecessary employees holding positions that should be eliminated for budget enhancement on projects.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Low LOA rates
excellent company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB21 October 2015
Great management team to work with no pressure and lots of encouragement and praise - the best times were here when it was URS but changes came with AECOM
Pros
Great working atmosphere with co-workers and Management
Cons
none to mention
Good company to work for.
Inventory/Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 October 2015
Good company however job security was always an issue. Working conditions were not always the best as a result of low budget. There was never budgeted money for continuous improvements.
Different field to enhance career with balanced life style
Civil/structural Engineering (Former Employee) –  canada18 October 2015
AECOM is a company who deal with its expertise in various area including Civil, Infrastructure, oil and Gas,Building Construction and management, Urban Planning and Design and so many others. It value their employees and their career path with family requirement. It serve best services with excellent quality within the timeline and budget. It has highly experienced professional to handle all kind of huge level of projects including Bridge design, Building Construction and all.

It would my pleasure if I get and opportunity to serve my expertise, ideas and handwork.I will always keen to grab any opportunity to work with this firm.
Great crew
Insultor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB15 October 2015
Work just ran out. simply wish I can still work there. Everyone that I worked with was my friend by the time I was let go. Everyday was a good day to get up and go to work. Love the fact that they had drivers and company vehicles. Would love to work for AECOM again!!!
Lacks integrity
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 October 2015
Speaking from the Saskatchewan area only. If you are an electrician looking for a job and not a career that's all aecom is. Forget about your future the project managers walk all over you. Basically a company where the field worker is treated like the lowest form on the earth. Managers forget that field are the ones that bring the money to their pocket. I suggest you keep looking for work and keep aecom away from electrical all together. They are ruining our rights as electricians.
Large Corporation, treated like a number
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 October 2015
AECOM is a large coproration, the management structure and competence is lacking. If you want to be treated like a number and ingored for advancement this is your place.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Terrible Management
Aecom
Project Controls Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manitoba28 September 2015
I have appreciated my time with the company AECOM.
I received many raises throughout my time with the company as recognition for my hard work and dedication which highly motivated me to strive for higher results.
When I received my promotion into the Project Controls Assistant I began advancing my skills and the management on site was very supportive and compassionate.
Pros
On the job training and recognition for hard work
Cons
Job security upon project completion
Fast paced work environment
TECHNICAL WRITER - SIMANDOU RAIL PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
AECOM is a great place to work. The pay is great and there is not much down time once you are on a project. The difficult part is when you have to locate new projects to work on once a project finishes.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Project based work
What I learned.
Procurement Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 September 2015
I was able to learn the start of being a Procurement Buyer. Dealing with vendors on a daily basis - looking for the best price and availability of materials. Communicating with the people in the field to ensure that they were getting the correct materials in a timely manner.
Pros
Dealing with Vendors
Cons
uncooperative people
Amazing Boss, Great Team
Corporate Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2015
While working at URS I had an amazing boss and the team I worked with was like a little family. Everyone was ready and willing to support eachother. Unfortunately after being with the company for over four years I made the decision to leave the role I was in for better compensation.
Pros
Travel
Cons
lack of work life balance and low compensation
completely disorganized
OG Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park14 September 2015
Company is in complete state of chaos with no guidance. AECOM purchased URS with no interest in being in the OG business.
Great safety culture and work ethics
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 September 2015
Lots of work time with little time off
so big pay checks
great people to work with on a day to day basis
great experience with such a new company
Pros
Long hours and good LOA = $$
Cons
not much time off for the family oriented in these times
Lots of room for career growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2015
The company is very considerate to all working moms. You could do flex-time or work from home. Safety is their number one priority. We always have a monthly safety meeting which covers all preventive measures regarding timely safety issues either from home or workplace.
Good company to work with and advance your career with
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB30 August 2015
A typical day begins at 5:00 am and ends around 6:00 pm. Through my 4.5 years experience with URS, I have developed my construction knowledge as well as learned how to deal with various types of people from co-workers, construction management and Clients and their representatives. The hardest part of this job was the amount of travel and the remoteness of the job site (Northern Alberta) and I spent entirely too much time away from home and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job with URS was the ever changing face of the job as we progressed through the project. Every new challenge taught me more construction practises and solutions to various construction issues that arose.
Pros
Great compensation, good benefits, rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, excessive travel involved
Good place to work.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB11 August 2015
Good company to work for. Great safety culture. Opportunities for advancement from within. Sometimes project timing can be sporadic.
Family oriented workplace
SR FIeld Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MB31 July 2015
Was a good experience and would welcome the opportunity to work with them again. Was a good family orientated group dedicated to the task at hand and remained involved to completing the tasks professionally.
Pros
working pros dedicated to the work
Cons
no futher work in mining
Average company
Electrical Apprentice 2nd Year (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2015
Your average company has its benefits. management is willing to help out where they can and find work for the workers if not since its a large company willing to send you to other shops for work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.