AECOM Employee Reviews

Lots of room for career growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2015
The company is very considerate to all working moms. You could do flex-time or work from home. Safety is their number one priority. We always have a monthly safety meeting which covers all preventive measures regarding timely safety issues either from home or workplace.
Good company to work with and advance your career with
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB30 August 2015
A typical day begins at 5:00 am and ends around 6:00 pm. Through my 4.5 years experience with URS, I have developed my construction knowledge as well as learned how to deal with various types of people from co-workers, construction management and Clients and their representatives. The hardest part of this job was the amount of travel and the remoteness of the job site (Northern Alberta) and I spent entirely too much time away from home and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job with URS was the ever changing face of the job as we progressed through the project. Every new challenge taught me more construction practises and solutions to various construction issues that arose.
Pros
Great compensation, good benefits, rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, excessive travel involved
Good place to work.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB11 August 2015
Good company to work for. Great safety culture. Opportunities for advancement from within. Sometimes project timing can be sporadic.
Family oriented workplace
SR FIeld Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MB31 July 2015
Was a good experience and would welcome the opportunity to work with them again. Was a good family orientated group dedicated to the task at hand and remained involved to completing the tasks professionally.
Pros
working pros dedicated to the work
Cons
no futher work in mining
Average company
Electrical Apprentice 2nd Year (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2015
Your average company has its benefits. management is willing to help out where they can and find work for the workers if not since its a large company willing to send you to other shops for work.
Fun and fast paced
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Joffre, AB7 July 2015
Provides a great work/life balance with a professional crew of tradesmen that help to make my job as a supervisor much easier.
Great company
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2015
AECOM is a great company with great mentors on hand. They provide great projects to learn from and provide daily challenges that makes the work exciting. The hardest part of the job would be the tight deadlines with certain project. However, this is common in the field of transportation and not just AECOM.
Pros
Free coffee, open door poilcy with managers, and competitive salary
Cons
Tight deadlines, office requires an update
Productive safety orientated company
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB2 July 2015
I was contracted to another company so i did not associate with my co-workers or supervisers often, but when i did, they were very helpful, pleasant and easy to communicate with.
Pros
Salary and Benifits
Cons
Contract Work
A Frustrating Job
CAD Design Manager, Environment (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 June 2015
This is a global corporation, they are involved with all engineering disciplines and have many employees in many countries. They are focused on growth. The individual gets lost.
Good company to work for
Journeyman/Red Seal Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB9 June 2015
I liked being close to home, the hours and wage were excellent. I was on a small project and learned a lot on this job. I would definitely like to work for AECOM again
Review
Senior Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort-Mcmurray30 May 2015
Great company to work for but lacked management strategies and plans. Great people, great culture but employees turn over is great
awesome team
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Flint, WLS29 May 2015
its a good project ! nice team . good management . hard customer to work with (abusive safety). just doesn't like the shift
Pros
10 hours paid per day (both half hour brakes paid)
Cons
10 and 4 shift
productive
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kandahar, SK29 May 2015
I was always happy to start the work, every day was different from other, almost every day I learned for new vehicles , and I learned how to operate them,
Management was very good , ever day they try to carry for us with daily safety briefings.
it was nice also working with my co-workers because we helped each other, learned, assisted.
The hardest part of the job I can say was the heat because temperatures mostly of time was more than 40 Celsius.
most enjoyable part was when we did our job on professional way and our supervisors paying pizza for us,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
end off mission
Not a lot of motivation to work
Civil Engineering Technologist (Former Employee) –  Sudbury Ontario19 May 2015
Not a lot of room for moving up in the company. Great people but the pay was not great. Didn't offer a lot of perks. Working with contractors proved to be a big benefit as my liaising skills got much better.
positive work environment
Quality Assurance manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto Canada17 May 2015
A good place to work, provided a great environment to learn and develop into a well rounded employee, Upper management was well engaged with subordinates giving adequate support when required
Pros
lunch and learn, carreer advancement
Cons
work may be slow at times
generally Aecom is a good place to work.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2015
generally Aecom is a good place to work. No too much complaints. There is no communication between upper level managers and mid level and low level workers.
Lack of projects to do while I was working there.
Pros
good payment.
Cons
too many managers, no management. high turn over rate.
Great Crew
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB11 May 2015
had a great time working for these guys
lots of extra hours and money to be earned
good leaders

management changed alot
but in the end was great experience
Productive and fun workplace with room for growth
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  AB7 May 2015
Great work settings and workplace
Accomodations are all great
Peers and superiors are good to work with
Excellent company culture
Company was like my family.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB29 April 2015
Loved my office and the people I worked with. Learned a lot about the fluid haul business. Management was really good to me. My coworkers were my family, Go Team go. Hardest part of my job was leaving to go home at night. I planned all the social events and was always there for my co workers.
decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  alberta25 April 2015
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
Pros
camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..