AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Hard working co workers
Supply Technician Logistics (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2014
Coming from a military back ground this was easy to just step in a work well as a team.
long hours, no days off, great pay
SAMS-E Operator (Former Employee), afghanistanMarch 25, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: afghanistan
work in afghanistan, supporting the US military. 77 hour work week, 7 hours off every 2 weeks. money is great, plus benefits. vacations are whatever you can imagine
AECOM is a place to grow and advance in a fast-paced, professional environment.
Manager, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 25, 2014
I was fortunate to begin my career in Recruiting/Human Resources working for this Fortune 500 company. In the Government Services sector I was consistently promoted to increasingly challenging positions. AECOM sent me all over the world in my tenure, providing startup, setup and training on Human Resources and Recruiting practices for government contracts. – more... I enjoyed being the "go-to" person for problem resolution, project management, guidance and mentoring of junior staff.

The past 5 years as Talent Acquisition Manager enabled me to implement Recruiting process improvements, become the Subject Matter Expert on implementation, training and compliance of Applicant Tracking Systems; specifically Kenexa Brass Ring. I oversaw and managed a consultant recruiting staff who were responsible for high-volume recruiting in the Middle East and South Asia - deploying approximately 2200 hires in 2013.

I thrive on making order out of chaos so this position was extremely rewarding to me.

I would recommend anyone to pursue AECOM as a potential employer - either in the Corporate Engineering environment or the Government Contracts sector. They offer competitive salary, great benefits, a solid work ethic and professional growth. – less
Maintain AH-64D with the U.S. Army
Maintenance Electronics Technician II (Former Employee), Bagram Air Force Base, AfghanistanMarch 18, 2014
Pros: descent pay
Cons: long hours in a combat zone
Conduct scheduled and unscheduled maintenance. Maintain helicopters avionics, armament, and electronic systems. Complete Battle Damage Repairs. Assist U.S. Army as required with tasks and modifications.
Proffesional company full of experianced people.
Interim Systems Test Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: other employees were a wealth of information and dependable
Cons: you are often secluded from the company
Review schedule, inspect and track work performed by contractor. I learned a great deal about train Control. Management was very supportive and responsive to all my requests and issues. I had only co-workers from other companies, not AECOM.
AECOM
Senior Logistician (Supply) (Former Employee), Dubai, DUMarch 6, 2014
Pros: hired when really needed a job.
Cons: management and people
I worked for AECOM overseas for 11 months and it really sucked because the management people were horrible.
a good working environment to learn different skills, to help in life
Stock Clerk (Current Employee), ALBANY GAMarch 6, 2014
waking up every morning was a blessing know that i,m about to go to work with a team of people i love being around, in the process of learn new things also getting paid doing it. the upper management had its pros and cons never the-less things worked out, believe it or not the hardest part of my-job was leaving for that day i love working for the company.
Decent Company
Project Controls Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2014
Pros - Great opportunities to work in different offices internationally
Cons - If you aren't a project manager you have little long term value to the company. Technical specialists are not valued my management.
Manager a control freak
Senior QA/QC Supervisor (Former Employee), Northern VirginiaMarch 3, 2014
Pros: decient benifit package
Cons: large company, limited flexability
Working conditions were under the present manager were under duress.
Very great no regret
Logistics Analyst II (Current Employee), PARFebruary 27, 2014
AECOM is a big corporation and a very good company to work for, i never regret working for them. I was able to move up,got pertinent training as at when required and got empowered management skills.
Inventory Technician (Current Employee), AfghanistanFebruary 20, 2014
Good company to work for. Management is pretty ok working hand to hand with employees, as well as co-workers. The job is easy going and not hard to do. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people!
The best Experience I've had
Project Controls Engineer (Former Employee), Oakland, CAFebruary 20, 2014
... because of its people and friendly environment I am still craving to go back any time. They do overwork you "unintentionally";)
Management needs to be restructured from the top
Safety Health Environmental Supervisor (Current Employee), McLean, VAFebruary 19, 2014
The people who work for AECOM on a lower level are GREAT!!! But beware of the dysfunction that is noticeable at the Program Management level because they're suppose to run the program.
productive movement of equipment
Heavy Transport Driver (Former Employee), PARFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: half day off every two weeks
Cons: management
Seven days a week over all that I did with the company and being in Afghanistan it was good management was very poor it was not what they did for the team it was about how we made them shin plus we got very little support from the Management . all the co workers had a lot of knowledge of there jobs . The hardest part was training the different cultures – more... such as India, Kosovo but as running the fuel tanker I had a very good crew . – less
good place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 16, 2014
Good place to work. Large engineering and architecture firm.
there is lack of career development oppertuntites
Site Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: no lunches
Cons: proper hours
take care about employees to re locate when ever a project going to end ,Having lot off business in Middle east and shuffle the employees in Middle east to survive the jobs.
but lack of career development opportunities.
Job was fine, but lack of experience in supervisors and very unorganized management.
Aircraft Mechanic II (Former Employee), FOB Shank, AfghanistanFebruary 13, 2014
Typical day of work was 13 hour shifts with unpaid hour of lunch. Mostly phase maintenance with unscheduled maintenance from time to time. Management would change frequently, so rules and the general way things were ran changed a lot, making an already stressful combat situation more of a pain. Co-workers were 50-50, some were good hard workers and – more... some were alright with doing as little as possible. I would say inexperience was a major problem. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management changes every few months. The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that because of us the Army was able to take the fight to the enemy. – less
Great Learning Experience
Sr. Contract Specialist (Former Employee), Springfield, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Had a lot of fun. Great co-workers. Great Management. Overall, result and goal driven environment.
The company provides professional work environment, where an employee can show his/her creativity
Resource Development Manager (Current Employee), Kabul AfghanistanFebruary 13, 2014
I work 5 days a week 8 hours per day. I learned more about organizational culture in diversity. I learn how to work with people from other countries.
I was hired as senior officer but when i shown my ability and potential, the company rewarded me with a good promotion. I was promoted to a manager position.
My co-workers are all professional people they – more... all practive good organizational ethics.
The hardest part of the job is that beside my office colleagues I use to manage more than 70 people in remote areas where i even cant travel, but fortunately i have been able to manage them in a good why where they all produce good results.

The most enjoyable time in my work is when i present my successes to the senior management. – less
Not bad
Transportation Coordinator (Former Employee), SalernoFebruary 10, 2014
Fun and exciting work with the military. The benefits are great.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology Corporation is a professional technical and management support services firm.