AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
a very good and safe work environment
Quality Control Wheel Technical Inspector (Former Employee), kandahar, AfghanisanOctober 9, 2014
working in a safe working environment is very helpful to do you job.
Productive and professional.
Associate Principal Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZOctober 9, 2014
Good Company, Great Projects.. And good team.. All disciplines design team is available..
Productive and never a dull moment
Property Accountability Specialist (Former Employee), Kandahar, AfghanistanOctober 7, 2014
Pros: vacation every 4 months
Cons: supplies not provided to personnel in a timely manner to perform duties
AECOM was a good company to work for but there was a high turn over rate in upper management that left subordinates in limbo. Promotions were based on the buddy system and not on merit. Human Resources needed better training in handling Employee Relations issues and learn skills on how not to disclose confidential information.
great company
Security Training Officer (Former Employee), Kandahar,AfghanistanOctober 7, 2014
learned alot and it helped me in my on going career.
the management of the company was always looking out for the personell
Good Company
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & SALES (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 7, 2014
AECOM was a good company to work for, but tried a business that they chose to exit after one year.
Managing remote site
Atmospherics Manager (Afghanistan) (Former Employee), Springfield, VAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: international community
Cons: lliving condidtions
Working directly with Italian forces was educational. Long hours no problem.
horrible company
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), afghanistanOctober 2, 2014
Horrible company that did not take care of us as employees. would not for the first five months provide us with consumables needed.
Morale declines with time
Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, coffee, decent pay
Cons: unpaid overtime, high pace, little vacation time, no sick leave
A typical day is very fast-paced, and I frequently feel like I am behind (along with most other coworkers). Direct project managers tend to be great although they are under a lot of pressure too. Upper management-way too many of them. Coworkers are great in my office, but it is an office-to-office effort, not company-wide. Hardest part is the inability – more... to predict or control how many hours I work because there is no overhead control of my hours. No one says "hey, x employee is very busy and y employee is not, let's move this from x to y." While overtime is common in consulting, I do not believe the pay or time off balance that hard work. – less
Open concept office
Senior Program Manager/Country Manager (Current Employee), HoustonSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: office has the latest technology
Cons: management is not very people friendly
In general, this is not a fun place to work. The people are good and work hard.
Great place to work aith lots of great people
Intelligence Reports Analyst (Former Employee), Kabul, AfghanistanSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: great training classes and setting everyone up for success
Cons: there were really no cons.
AECOM is a great company which always took care of its employees. I really enjoyed my time and learned a lot while working for them.
Great innovative staff always thinking of ways to grow as a team.
Lead Operator (Current Employee), Alexandria, VASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: always room for growth, great staff of people, diverse.
Cons: redundancy of password protection
Typical day at work includes review of incidents,traffic management,submitting end of day reports. I've learned to think outside the box and take each task one step at a time.
Routine work flow
Electric Site Lead (Former Employee), McLean VASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: busy
Cons: no place for advancement you stuck doing the same thing forever
Schedule work orders, handling emergencies call through out the building.
Not a fun place, people are great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 17, 2014
Ok if your an Engineer, not much going on for administrative group, no room for advancement
let the site team be honest, loyal and open. we have one mission on site and that is supervise and monitor quality of works, time and money .
Resident Engineer (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: passionate about my work when with a supportive hard working team
Cons: unpaid overtime
I always enjoy my job when there are no hidden agendas at the top management. because it is frustrating when the subordinates doing their level best on the ground whilst there are decisions and deviations that are taken at the top level without communicating with those physically involved on the ground - it creates confusion and one feels stupid.
not great if your not american
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee), North East regionSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: long hours every day, poor treatment of non-americans and not much care from the company
working in Afghanistan for this company isn't great to be honest yes the pay is decent but if your not American then you are treated like total garbage, what i mean by this is you get treated like a security threat you are not allowed any electronic devices of any kind to contact your loved ones at a time that suits everyone and also hinders chances – more... of progressing within the company. The majority of the upper management team are all in one of those little click things (you know the kind) so chances of moving up there are pretty slim too. – less
Project Manager, Design Manager, Senior Architect (Former Employee), Doha, DAWSeptember 12, 2014
Meetings, Design, Design, Design, Lunch, Meetings, Design, Design
construction company
HR Officer (Former Employee), Shahr-e-NawSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free transportation
Cons: short breaks
I learned how it works to be honest with the organization you worked with. time management the hardest part was traveling in dangerous part of the country which was a requirement. enjoying preparing reports.
Great Company
O&M Facilities Tech/Site lead (Current Employee), OverseaSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: salary
Cons: away from family
I love the cross training and the ability to resolve/troubleshoot technical and mechanical problems
Productive and eager to perform
Subcontracts Administrator II (Current Employee), VAAugust 29, 2014
Pros: fee lunch
Cons: getting everything set-up
I like working for this company, I am learning a lot. How they do business at AECOM. Management is good and my co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job is getting everything set up to go. I think this is the hardest part of my job.
Like dream
QHSE Officer (Former Employee), Dubai, DUAugust 25, 2014
Dream company!!!

Unfortecnally got relised from this company at the time of crisies

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more