AECOM Employee Reviews

Good group of people
Pipefitter / Project Foreman (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB12 February 2016
With the down falling economy They keeps taking away from the worker even though they say there people are # 1? They have taken away the RRSP donation, and also had a wage decrees and possible another one in the near future .
Pros
Has a apprenticeship programs in place
Cons
Continue to drop wages
complexity and size of project
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2016
perform inspections, take photo and upload, check emails, communicate with site super and trades, write report, phone conversation and report work quality and progress, review drawings and spec, monitor tests, process invoices, study contract changes, communicate to co-workers about work and life,
The hardest part of job was arguing with contractor about quality and negotiate claims.
The most enjoyable part was work progress and learning new methods of work and familiarization with trades
Pros
flexibility to manage your time between different tasks
Cons
speding unpaid time to drive to job site
great co-workers
4 th year electrician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 February 2016
good foremans always willing to help out in getting missing info. or finding a better way to accomplish task. willing to teach
Co-workers and other tradespeople were easy to work with
3rd year apprentice, welder (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB19 January 2016
As long as it was a productive day at work and able to go home safe at the end of the shift, then it was a good day. Structural GF & the Pipefitter's GF were awesome guys to work for because they cared about the input of the people working underneath them. They knew that a happy crew was a safe & productive crew! Hardest part of the job, was watching people with families being laid off....On the account of management bidding aggressively on jobs!
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management hasn't changed their way of thinking about employees or the business
Great Company, could use better management
Registered Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 January 2016
At the time i was working for URS energy now AECOM. They kept me busy with challenging tasks that helped me along with my electrical apprenticeship. Management could use some help, if you weren't part of their inner circle, you suffered.
A well-managed company that values it's employees.
Site SCM Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2016
Typical on-site industrial construction in the oil and gas sector.
Management was well represented and receptive. My co-workers were professional and respectful. The hardest part of the job was when there was no more work. (industry-wide economic downturn).
Pros
Management cares about it's people.
Cons
Other than factors beyond it's control (ie: industry slow-down)....none.
decent
Journeyman Electrician/lead hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2015
good to work for keeps you going. large company and many opportunities many people doing good things for many peoples large areas of work over north america
Good company to work for
loader operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2015
Its been many years with the same company. They always took good care of their employees. My co workers treat another with respect. I have learnd many different types of skills over the years
contract recruiter
Recruiter-contract (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 December 2015
Aecom was going through some growing pains transitioning from FLINT, to URS and then AECOM. Oil prices dropped and they had to re org. has been a difficult time for many.
I loved being able to work from home and still be communicating with candidates regularly as I was recruiting for oil and gas.
The team I was working with was fantastic, although I was not in the office often, we had a very good working relationship.
Pros
working from home
Cons
work is dependant on oil prices
Strong culture but lack in industry
HR Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
Aecom was a fairly good company to work for. I learned a lot in my time there but they do pay less than you should deserve. The people are great but the upper management is very segmented.
A fun work place to be in.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
I have learned a lot about drafting and AutoCAD while working at AECOM. Very friendly colleagues and the project manager helped me through out the projects.
Pros
Lunch was payed by the company.
Cons
Long hours.
great group of people to work with
Tool Crib Operator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB17 November 2015
Management strives to work with employees by providing ongoing training to keep workers abreast of newest policies on safety management to assist workers in their daily work schedule.
work well with others learns quickly
safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SK9 November 2015
works well with others and willing to learn new things well knowledge in computers I worked on all the safety monitors and air equipment managed staff to get the workers go out on the jobs site to supply air for the workers
good place to work
Piping construction engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 November 2015
generally speaking Aecom is a good place for engineers to work with professionals which can add to the experience and skills.
Difficult to advance
Specialist III, Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2015
No room for advancement through training. Always tight on money. Insane corporate culture and process. A silo mentality abounds. Everyone in I.T. too paranoid about their jobs to share helpful information. Executive management doesn't give a "care" for the users at the desk. It's all about lining their pockets and screw the rest.
Pros
Immediate Mangers
Cons
Executive Management
Very professional and comfortable work environment
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB2 November 2015
I enjoyed the management as well as the fellow employees at AECOM Inc. Communication between employers and employees was very smooth and efficient. And the company benefits were also very generous.

My time with this company was very enjoyable, and I would work for them again in the future. The overall atmosphere makes it not only an enjoyable but safe work environment.
excellent company to work for
Safety advisor (Current Employee) –  rural project AB30 October 2015
Have learned a lot about my field in my time with this company and have made many life long colleagues along the way. Has a very friendly atmosphere and great collaboration among different groups.
Good Team Atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 October 2015
Need more communication between business units and districts. A lot of juggling personnel around the offices.
A lot of unnecessary employees holding positions that should be eliminated for budget enhancement on projects.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Low LOA rates
excellent company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB21 October 2015
Great management team to work with no pressure and lots of encouragement and praise - the best times were here when it was URS but changes came with AECOM
Pros
Great working atmosphere with co-workers and Management
Cons
none to mention
Good company to work for.
Inventory/Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 October 2015
Good company however job security was always an issue. Working conditions were not always the best as a result of low budget. There was never budgeted money for continuous improvements.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.