AECOM Employee Reviews

great group of people to work with
Tool Crib Operator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB17 November 2015
Management strives to work with employees by providing ongoing training to keep workers abreast of newest policies on safety management to assist workers in their daily work schedule.
work well with others learns quickly
safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SK9 November 2015
works well with others and willing to learn new things well knowledge in computers I worked on all the safety monitors and air equipment managed staff to get the workers go out on the jobs site to supply air for the workers
good place to work
Piping construction engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB7 November 2015
generally speaking Aecom is a good place for engineers to work with professionals which can add to the experience and skills.
Difficult to advance
Specialist III, Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2015
No room for advancement through training. Always tight on money. Insane corporate culture and process. A silo mentality abounds. Everyone in I.T. too paranoid about their jobs to share helpful information. Executive management doesn't give a "care" for the users at the desk. It's all about lining their pockets and screw the rest.
Pros
Immediate Mangers
Cons
Executive Management
Very professional and comfortable work environment
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB2 November 2015
I enjoyed the management as well as the fellow employees at AECOM Inc. Communication between employers and employees was very smooth and efficient. And the company benefits were also very generous.

My time with this company was very enjoyable, and I would work for them again in the future. The overall atmosphere makes it not only an enjoyable but safe work environment.
excellent company to work for
Safety advisor (Current Employee) –  rural project AB30 October 2015
Have learned a lot about my field in my time with this company and have made many life long colleagues along the way. Has a very friendly atmosphere and great collaboration among different groups.
Good Team Atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 October 2015
Need more communication between business units and districts. A lot of juggling personnel around the offices.
A lot of unnecessary employees holding positions that should be eliminated for budget enhancement on projects.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Low LOA rates
excellent company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB21 October 2015
Great management team to work with no pressure and lots of encouragement and praise - the best times were here when it was URS but changes came with AECOM
Pros
Great working atmosphere with co-workers and Management
Cons
none to mention
Good company to work for.
Inventory/Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 October 2015
Good company however job security was always an issue. Working conditions were not always the best as a result of low budget. There was never budgeted money for continuous improvements.
Different field to enhance career with balanced life style
Civil/structural Engineering (Former Employee) –  canada18 October 2015
AECOM is a company who deal with its expertise in various area including Civil, Infrastructure, oil and Gas,Building Construction and management, Urban Planning and Design and so many others. It value their employees and their career path with family requirement. It serve best services with excellent quality within the timeline and budget. It has highly experienced professional to handle all kind of huge level of projects including Bridge design, Building Construction and all.

It would my pleasure if I get and opportunity to serve my expertise, ideas and handwork.I will always keen to grab any opportunity to work with this firm.
Great crew
Insultor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB15 October 2015
Work just ran out. simply wish I can still work there. Everyone that I worked with was my friend by the time I was let go. Everyday was a good day to get up and go to work. Love the fact that they had drivers and company vehicles. Would love to work for AECOM again!!!
Lacks integrity
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK6 October 2015
Speaking from the Saskatchewan area only. If you are an electrician looking for a job and not a career that's all aecom is. Forget about your future the project managers walk all over you. Basically a company where the field worker is treated like the lowest form on the earth. Managers forget that field are the ones that bring the money to their pocket. I suggest you keep looking for work and keep aecom away from electrical all together. They are ruining our rights as electricians.
Large Corporation, treated like a number
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 October 2015
AECOM is a large coproration, the management structure and competence is lacking. If you want to be treated like a number and ingored for advancement this is your place.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Terrible Management
AECOM
Project Controls Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manitoba28 September 2015
I have appreciated my time with the company AECOM.
I received many raises throughout my time with the company as recognition for my hard work and dedication which highly motivated me to strive for higher results.
When I received my promotion into the Project Controls Assistant I began advancing my skills and the management on site was very supportive and compassionate.
Pros
On the job training and recognition for hard work
Cons
Job security upon project completion
Fast paced work environment
TECHNICAL WRITER - SIMANDOU RAIL PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
AECOM is a great place to work. The pay is great and there is not much down time once you are on a project. The difficult part is when you have to locate new projects to work on once a project finishes.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Project based work
What I learned.
Procurement Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 September 2015
I was able to learn the start of being a Procurement Buyer. Dealing with vendors on a daily basis - looking for the best price and availability of materials. Communicating with the people in the field to ensure that they were getting the correct materials in a timely manner.
Pros
Dealing with Vendors
Cons
uncooperative people
Amazing Boss, Great Team
Corporate Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 September 2015
While working at URS I had an amazing boss and the team I worked with was like a little family. Everyone was ready and willing to support eachother. Unfortunately after being with the company for over four years I made the decision to leave the role I was in for better compensation.
Pros
Travel
Cons
lack of work life balance and low compensation
completely disorganized
OG Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park14 September 2015
Company is in complete state of chaos with no guidance. AECOM purchased URS with no interest in being in the OG business.
Great safety culture and work ethics
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 September 2015
Lots of work time with little time off
so big pay checks
great people to work with on a day to day basis
great experience with such a new company
Pros
Long hours and good LOA = $$
Cons
not much time off for the family oriented in these times
Lots of room for career growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2015
The company is very considerate to all working moms. You could do flex-time or work from home. Safety is their number one priority. We always have a monthly safety meeting which covers all preventive measures regarding timely safety issues either from home or workplace.