AECOM Employee Reviews

They are ok company to work for
Manager/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB12 July 2016
Unable really write a review do to came off medical leave and got laid off and am not eligiable do to being on long term disability.
Good Experience
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2016
They Gave me the opportunity to try new things and responsibility to do things on my own which allowed me to learn a lot more than at previous jobs. The supervision was also excellent, it is a well managed company.
Pros
co workers
Cons
worst pay I've ever seen.
Sweatshop
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto22 June 2016
Over staffed and over managed. Focus is on producing work with the minimum of effort and maximum profit for the company. Junior staff are not trained properly nor given a chance to learn and make mistakes. Management would rather hire from outside than give existing staff the chance to move up, then they wonder why staff turnover rate is so high.Key business focus changes all the time leaving staff in a permanent state of fear that their area of expertise will be chopped next.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Okay place to work
Project Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
Could have a more focused approach to work by the management. Higher management not focused on people growth in the organization.
It has a been a better experience then previous camps
Red Seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 May 2016
The camp has better rooms, private bathrooms, and food was satisfactory. There is not much of a gym to exercise in however.
very interesting
SCM Manager, Category Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2016
very interesting experience with substantial change over a short period. Each individual should make their own decision regarding their own experinces
It was a good place to work
Lead Hand-Material Technician/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB / Fort McMurray10 May 2016
Worked here for 6.5 years and moved to various project locations.
Enabled me to apprentice for my Journeyman Material Technician.
Good life work balance
Co- workers were great have made some life long friends.
Hardest part of the job was it ending and leaving the people who have become a second family.
LArge Company Many Opportunities
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 May 2016
I enjoyed working at Aecom. It is a Large Company Many Opportunities, well established Oracle training and system. Lots of Team Building and travel.
Pros
Close to Various Restaurants
Cons
Not much room to move up
Great place to work but times are slow when oil is low
Welder (Current Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB30 April 2016
Culture and co-workers are good. Management in some areas could use some work. Hardest part of the job is being away from our families. I've good a trade and lots of great possessions thanks to them so I would say it's been good.
I didn't like working at AECOM
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB28 April 2016
When AECOM took over Flint URS there got to be too many people thinking that they were in charge when they weren't. They started to fire everyone that had been there for a long time and began hiring people that were family members of the company and refusing others. They began hiring people that didn't know how to do their jobs.
Productive workplace
Recruitment Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
Work with team ensuring all daily tasks are met
I learnt the recruitment process and what steps were taken to new hires
Management was well involved in ensuring the employees needs were met
Coworkers were very friendly an helpful in general
Hardest part of the job was very repetative
Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a professional enviroment
Pros
Working in professional enviroment
Cons
Repetitive work
Tough times? Sell the farm. That's their motto
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 April 2016
Lots of promises of advancement and development, but when the times get tough, they sell the farm. Our office went from 2 storeys and ~40 people to 1 floor and 8 people in 6 months.

I get that it's tough times, but this company loves talking about how employees come first, and we value our employees. Something doesn't add up.

When it was good, it was great! But you quickly see your worth at the slightest sign of decline.
Great People to work with.
Job Cost Administrator support / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 April 2016
They are great people to work for. Management understands work life balance. wages are terrible and it's very difficult to move up in the company, but over well its a good company.
Pros
Get bosses
Cons
Gossip and wages
Policy and procedure
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 April 2016
Excellent Company , many policies and procedures which have proven effective. Aecom really cares about its workers and safety in the workplace.
Productive, Fun workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 April 2016
I was hard worker in my team which includes Service Desk\Desktop team. The work environment was fun and friendly through years I worked there. The IT Department was very small when I started working in Flint\AECOM and then grew to big team and I grew with the team. I have gained lots of hands-on and technical experience through 10 years working in AECOM. I always was motivated to go to work every single day and to meet the challenges.
Pros
Friendly, Resourceful, educational
Cons
Not much room to grow
Not Great
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2016
Not Great. No overtime paid. Bad communication. Forcing systems to work before they are ready. 12 hour days without being paid.
fast paced work
Procurement/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB10 March 2016
everyday was like a new day, new problems, new orders, constant learning - on the job training. I developed my Microsoft skills further. improved on my data entry. Co workers made it a joy to come to work on a daily basis.
Pros
co workers
Cons
salary
oil based company, low amount of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 March 2016
The day would start off with a tailgate meeting with a weekly safety meeting every Wednesday. I learned on the job the different types of drill pipe. Management was a stickler for keeping records precise. My fellow co-workers we a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to find a location for incoming stock, there was such a lack of space in the yard. The best part of the day was when you got congratulated on a great job.
Pros
The safety meetings
Cons
lack of space in the yard
Very much enjoyed working for them.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Husky Sunrise8 March 2016
Enjoyed the Team I was with, all the guys were great. There was nothing wrong with management and they paid within the industry standard. It was a positive experience. To bad the price of oil is what it is.
Pros
Could walk to the office and we had our own bathrooms in camp.
Large Company
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
Good client list with opportunity to work on diverse projects across the globe. Good learning experience and work-life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.