AECOM Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive and fun workplace with room for growth
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  ABMay 7, 2015
Great work settings and workplace
Accomodations are all great
Peers and superiors are good to work with
Excellent company culture
Unethical - Infrastructure Services Markham
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham ONAugust 14, 2014
Keep away from this group. Unethical practices and poor management. Overtime is compulsory and no work life balance. All they care is profit and not the employee. You are just a number in the 100000 firm.
Pros
good junior staff
Cons
long hrs, unethical practices, poor management with no focus on innovation, win jobs with low bids.
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood ParkAugust 24, 2014
data entry all day
not much known about raises and bonuses
good management
Great Crew
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2015
had a great time working for these guys
lots of extra hours and money to be earned
good leaders

management changed alot
but in the end was great experience
completely disorganized
OG Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood ParkSeptember 14, 2015
Company is in complete state of chaos with no guidance. AECOM purchased URS with no interest in being in the OG business.
Family oriented workplace
SR FIeld Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MBJuly 31, 2015
Was a good experience and would welcome the opportunity to work with them again. Was a good family orientated group dedicated to the task at hand and remained involved to completing the tasks professionally.
Pros
working pros dedicated to the work
Cons
no futher work in mining
To many favorites,special privilages
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Firebag ABFebruary 8, 2015
To many friends hiring friends,or to many relatives of the management being hired,if your friends with management or related in some way you pretty much have it made and you job is safe.if your not friends with them outside of work or related in some way.good luck on keeping your job,you will be the first they choose to let go.
Pros
camp work
Cons
to much friends and family, special treatment.
very good campany
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurrayApril 23, 2015
very good campany I would away like to work with them. they have a good team and a good management. Alway ready to solve their employees problems.
disorganized upper management, constant payroll issues
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 3, 2014
great guys to work with out in the field, but upper management very disorganized. Orientation was a complete joke.
work is not bad, but constantly looking for supplies to complete the job.
Pros
good group of guys to work with
Cons
horrible shift, travel compensation is low
productive place,safety oriented,great people to work with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONMarch 18, 2013
the day start with a safety meeting then job assignments and off to work,we always watched for one another to make sure every one was safe.I learned that working as a team can move mountains,and that is what we did:) The management was there to help us i nay way possible to make life smooth and answer any questions we might had,The hardest part of the job was to change pumps and or lines in cold days when it was -30 to -40 ,but we had to do it to keep the mine operational.The most enjoyable part was knowing you were going to work in a safe environment and to work with knowlegeable coworkers.
Pros
great wages
Cons
mine life project too short
poor management company
Designer (Former Employee) –  MarkhamJanuary 28, 2013
Not recommended work place. Poor management and company culture. Hard work not rewarded. Performance is purly based on manager's personal preference..... No fairness.
Pros
free chatting in work hours
Cons
hard work is not appreciated. no fairness. job is not secured.

Comment – February 3, 2013

Very poorly managed company with absolutely no regard for their employees. Managers are not people oriented. High turn over rate with staff getting fired or quickly leaving to find better employment.

Fast paced, learning environment
Trades Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
This company provided a lot of work experience in my field. Gained valuable business and recruitment knowledge for my career.
Applying Best Practices of American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE) and Project Management Institute (PMI).
PLANNING & SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2015
Great place for Professional Development
Skills Improvement
Application of Earned Value Management System and Critical Path Method (CPM)
Pros
organization supports pd
Cons
extra time and weekend work sometime
work schedule and homelife balanced out perfectly
Heavy Duty Mechanic (apprenticeship) (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONJune 11, 2013
come in the shop, have a safety meeting with crew, plan out the assigned work. working at a mine has given me the chance to work on various kinds of equipment. management always provided tarining when neccessary. My co-workers were all easy going and patient. i enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was having to be away from home. most employees were fortunate to go home at the end of every shift. and the most enjoyable part was being able to work on and operate these huge pieces of equipment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not having to go home after every shift.
Excellent group
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Peace River, ABMarch 16, 2015
Not very often i say this, but URS has a great crew from top to bottom here. Safety guys are fantastic and the upper management actually listens to the worker
very comfertable company to work for
Haul truck and pit Dewatering Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONNovember 21, 2013
was always happy to go to work.learned how to operate haule trucks heavy equipment and pumping systems
management where very easy to talk to and where very considerate to job needs
got along great with all my co workers
the hardest part of the job was weather conditions that would slow or stop operations would make for a very long shift
most enjoyable parts of the job was when everything went well and their where no delays and the people I worked with
Pros
good work environment and good peaple to work with
Cons
bad weather and shut downs
productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee) –  C30May 20, 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work.
Friendly and quiet
Summer student (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 15, 2013
Head to work every monday to friday morning, work at a desk on a computer where I would make revisions to drawings, and sometimes I would print or scan drawings. After an 8 hour shift I would be done. I learned a lot about the work that goes behind every building, road, etc. My managers were very friendly, along with all of my coworkers. There was no tough part of the job, it was relatively simple. The most enjoyable part was learning all of the different aspects to the design that goes into each building.
Pros
lots of engineering experience
Cons
no benefits
Productive and work safely
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort sasketchewanFebruary 18, 2015
I love doing my job, I always make it a point that i enjoy doing it and doing it in a safe manner not just for me, but for the other workers around me as well.