AECOM Employee Reviews

work well with others learns quickly
safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SK9 November 2015
works well with others and willing to learn new things well knowledge in computers I worked on all the safety monitors and air equipment managed staff to get the workers go out on the jobs site to supply air for the workers
What I learned.
Procurement Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 September 2015
I was able to learn the start of being a Procurement Buyer. Dealing with vendors on a daily basis - looking for the best price and availability of materials. Communicating with the people in the field to ensure that they were getting the correct materials in a timely manner.
Pros
Dealing with Vendors
Cons
uncooperative people
great co-workers
4 th year electrician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 February 2016
good foremans always willing to help out in getting missing info. or finding a better way to accomplish task. willing to teach
decent
Journeyman Electrician/lead hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 December 2015
good to work for keeps you going. large company and many opportunities many people doing good things for many peoples large areas of work over north america
Great company
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2015
AECOM is a great company with great mentors on hand. They provide great projects to learn from and provide daily challenges that makes the work exciting. The hardest part of the job would be the tight deadlines with certain project. However, this is common in the field of transportation and not just AECOM.
Pros
Free coffee, open door poilcy with managers, and competitive salary
Cons
Tight deadlines, office requires an update
Good Team Atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 October 2015
Need more communication between business units and districts. A lot of juggling personnel around the offices.
A lot of unnecessary employees holding positions that should be eliminated for budget enhancement on projects.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Low LOA rates
A fun work place to be in.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 November 2015
I have learned a lot about drafting and AutoCAD while working at AECOM. Very friendly colleagues and the project manager helped me through out the projects.
Pros
Lunch was payed by the company.
Cons
Long hours.
great group of people to work with
Tool Crib Operator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB17 November 2015
Management strives to work with employees by providing ongoing training to keep workers abreast of newest policies on safety management to assist workers in their daily work schedule.
Fast paced work environment
TECHNICAL WRITER - SIMANDOU RAIL PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
AECOM is a great place to work. The pay is great and there is not much down time once you are on a project. The difficult part is when you have to locate new projects to work on once a project finishes.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Project based work
Lots of room for career growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 August 2015
The company is very considerate to all working moms. You could do flex-time or work from home. Safety is their number one priority. We always have a monthly safety meeting which covers all preventive measures regarding timely safety issues either from home or workplace.
Great crew
Insultor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB15 October 2015
Work just ran out. simply wish I can still work there. Everyone that I worked with was my friend by the time I was let go. Everyday was a good day to get up and go to work. Love the fact that they had drivers and company vehicles. Would love to work for AECOM again!!!
Strong culture but lack in industry
HR Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 November 2015
Aecom was a fairly good company to work for. I learned a lot in my time there but they do pay less than you should deserve. The people are great but the upper management is very segmented.
excellent company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB21 October 2015
Great management team to work with no pressure and lots of encouragement and praise - the best times were here when it was URS but changes came with AECOM
Pros
Great working atmosphere with co-workers and Management
Cons
none to mention
productive
Truck Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Kandahar, SK29 May 2015
I was always happy to start the work, every day was different from other, almost every day I learned for new vehicles , and I learned how to operate them,
Management was very good , ever day they try to carry for us with daily safety briefings.
it was nice also working with my co-workers because we helped each other, learned, assisted.
The hardest part of the job I can say was the heat because temperatures mostly of time was more than 40 Celsius.
most enjoyable part was when we did our job on professional way and our supervisors paying pizza for us,
Pros
free lunches
Cons
end off mission
Large Corporation, treated like a number
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 October 2015
AECOM is a large coproration, the management structure and competence is lacking. If you want to be treated like a number and ingored for advancement this is your place.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
Terrible Management
excellent company to work for
Safety advisor (Current Employee) –  rural project AB30 October 2015
Have learned a lot about my field in my time with this company and have made many life long colleagues along the way. Has a very friendly atmosphere and great collaboration among different groups.
Good company to work for.
Inventory/Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 October 2015
Good company however job security was always an issue. Working conditions were not always the best as a result of low budget. There was never budgeted money for continuous improvements.
decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  alberta25 April 2015
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
Pros
camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..
Big Company big opportunity
Site labourer (Former Employee) –  Cheecham, Alberta9 April 2015
Their are no typical work days, I learned a great deal about pipefitting rigging spotting welding and prep work as it pertains to the construction industry. Hands down the best part of the job was my co workers, the most enjoyable part was the paycheque. I suppose the hardest part of the job would be the weather in Cheecham Alberta in febuary, its all out doors and its cold, nuff said.
Pros
Great work life balance 14/7
Cons
Having to find a new work home when projects end.
Family oriented workplace
SR FIeld Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MB31 July 2015
Was a good experience and would welcome the opportunity to work with them again. Was a good family orientated group dedicated to the task at hand and remained involved to completing the tasks professionally.
Pros
working pros dedicated to the work
Cons
no futher work in mining