AECOM Employee Reviews

Unethical - Infrastructure Services Markham
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham ON14 August 2014
Keep away from this group. Unethical practices and poor management. Overtime is compulsory and no work life balance. All they care is profit and not the employee. You are just a number in the 100000 firm.
Pros
Good junior staff
Cons
Long hrs, unethical practices, poor management with no focus on innovation, win jobs with low bids.
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park24 August 2014
data entry all day
not much known about raises and bonuses
good management
great co-workers
4 th year electrician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 February 2016
good foremans always willing to help out in getting missing info. or finding a better way to accomplish task. willing to teach
Great safety culture and work ethics
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK3 September 2015
Lots of work time with little time off
so big pay checks
great people to work with on a day to day basis
great experience with such a new company
Pros
Long hours and good LOA = $$
Cons
not much time off for the family oriented in these times
disorganized upper management, constant payroll issues
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 March 2014
great guys to work with out in the field, but upper management very disorganized. Orientation was a complete joke.
work is not bad, but constantly looking for supplies to complete the job.
Pros
good group of guys to work with
Cons
horrible shift, travel compensation is low
Awesome company
Regional Recruitment Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2015
Awesome company to work with. Great work life balance, great people and management.

Would definitely recommend to others.
productive place,safety oriented,great people to work with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON18 March 2013
the day start with a safety meeting then job assignments and off to work,we always watched for one another to make sure every one was safe.I learned that working as a team can move mountains,and that is what we did:) The management was there to help us i nay way possible to make life smooth and answer any questions we might had,The hardest part of the job was to change pumps and or lines in cold days when it was -30 to -40 ,but we had to do it to keep the mine operational.The most enjoyable part was knowing you were going to work in a safe environment and to work with knowlegeable coworkers.
Pros
great wages
Cons
mine life project too short
poor management company
Designer (Former Employee) –  Markham28 January 2013
Not recommended work place. Poor management and company culture. Hard work not rewarded. Performance is purly based on manager's personal preference..... No fairness.
Pros
free chatting in work hours
Cons
hard work is not appreciated. no fairness. job is not secured.
Big Company big opportunity
Site labourer (Former Employee) –  Cheecham, Alberta9 April 2015
Their are no typical work days, I learned a great deal about pipefitting rigging spotting welding and prep work as it pertains to the construction industry. Hands down the best part of the job was my co workers, the most enjoyable part was the paycheque. I suppose the hardest part of the job would be the weather in Cheecham Alberta in febuary, its all out doors and its cold, nuff said.
Pros
Great work life balance 14/7
Cons
Having to find a new work home when projects end.
Good company to work for
loader operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2015
Its been many years with the same company. They always took good care of their employees. My co workers treat another with respect. I have learnd many different types of skills over the years
work schedule and homelife balanced out perfectly
Heavy Duty Mechanic (apprenticeship) (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON11 June 2013
come in the shop, have a safety meeting with crew, plan out the assigned work. working at a mine has given me the chance to work on various kinds of equipment. management always provided tarining when neccessary. My co-workers were all easy going and patient. i enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was having to be away from home. most employees were fortunate to go home at the end of every shift. and the most enjoyable part was being able to work on and operate these huge pieces of equipment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not having to go home after every shift.
very comfertable company to work for
Haul truck and pit Dewatering Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ON21 November 2013
was always happy to go to work.learned how to operate haule trucks heavy equipment and pumping systems
management where very easy to talk to and where very considerate to job needs
got along great with all my co workers
the hardest part of the job was weather conditions that would slow or stop operations would make for a very long shift
most enjoyable parts of the job was when everything went well and their where no delays and the people I worked with
Pros
good work environment and good peaple to work with
Cons
bad weather and shut downs
productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 January 2013
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time.
Pros
free lunch once a week
Cons
at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee) –  C3020 May 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work.
Productive safety orientated company
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB2 July 2015
I was contracted to another company so i did not associate with my co-workers or supervisers often, but when i did, they were very helpful, pleasant and easy to communicate with.
Pros
Salary and Benifits
Cons
Contract Work
Company was like my family.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB29 April 2015
Loved my office and the people I worked with. Learned a lot about the fluid haul business. Management was really good to me. My coworkers were my family, Go Team go. Hardest part of my job was leaving to go home at night. I planned all the social events and was always there for my co workers.
Friendly and quiet
Summer student (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON15 May 2013
Head to work every monday to friday morning, work at a desk on a computer where I would make revisions to drawings, and sometimes I would print or scan drawings. After an 8 hour shift I would be done. I learned a lot about the work that goes behind every building, road, etc. My managers were very friendly, along with all of my coworkers. There was no tough part of the job, it was relatively simple. The most enjoyable part was learning all of the different aspects to the design that goes into each building.
Pros
Lots of engineering experience
Cons
No benefits
work well with others learns quickly
safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SK9 November 2015
works well with others and willing to learn new things well knowledge in computers I worked on all the safety monitors and air equipment managed staff to get the workers go out on the jobs site to supply air for the workers
Good company to work for
NDE Requesting, Weld Mapping, Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Surmont 2 Conaco Phillips Site26 March 2014
Go to work on site.Enter daily weld progress for site in database,Determine NDE Required.Notify all concerned regarding NDE. Speak with superintendants. Do weld mapping. The management is good work with.Co-workers are good to work with.The hardest part of my job is being away from home,however,we do what we have to do to attain gainful employment.The enjoyable part of my job is the never ending of aspects of my job that I can learn and continue to do.
Pros
good pay, paid flights
generally Aecom is a good place to work.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2015
generally Aecom is a good place to work. No too much complaints. There is no communication between upper level managers and mid level and low level workers.
Lack of projects to do while I was working there.
Pros
good payment.
Cons
too many managers, no management. high turn over rate.