AECOM Employee Reviews in Canada

decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  albertaApril 25, 2015
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
Pros
camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..
Fun and fast paced
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Joffre, ABJuly 7, 2015
Provides a great work/life balance with a professional crew of tradesmen that help to make my job as a supervisor much easier.
completely disorganized
OG Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood ParkSeptember 14, 2015
Company is in complete state of chaos with no guidance. AECOM purchased URS with no interest in being in the OG business.
Family oriented workplace
SR FIeld Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MBJuly 31, 2015
Was a good experience and would welcome the opportunity to work with them again. Was a good family orientated group dedicated to the task at hand and remained involved to completing the tasks professionally.
Pros
working pros dedicated to the work
Cons
no futher work in mining
Review
Senior Cost Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort-McmurrayMay 30, 2015
Great company to work for but lacked management strategies and plans. Great people, great culture but employees turn over is great
Awesome company
Regional Recruitment Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Awesome company to work with. Great work life balance, great people and management.

Would definitely recommend to others.
generally Aecom is a good place to work.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2015
generally Aecom is a good place to work. No too much complaints. There is no communication between upper level managers and mid level and low level workers.
Lack of projects to do while I was working there.
Pros
good payment.
Cons
too many managers, no management. high turn over rate.
Great Crew
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2015
had a great time working for these guys
lots of extra hours and money to be earned
good leaders

management changed alot
but in the end was great experience
Terrible company
Biologist (Former Employee) –  MarkhamFebruary 3, 2013
This company has no clue how to treat their employees. False job advertising; they advertize their positions to attract good people, but you end up doing a lower level job that you didn't apply to. When you have questions or concerns about your job you get stabbed in the back and treated like garbage. I found management to be inexperienced and inadequate to handle workloads, staff, budgets and projects. No job security with high stress among staff and employees who feared of losing their job.
Pros
some of the other staff were good people
Cons
everything
Company was like my family.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABApril 29, 2015
Loved my office and the people I worked with. Learned a lot about the fluid haul business. Management was really good to me. My coworkers were my family, Go Team go. Hardest part of my job was leaving to go home at night. I planned all the social events and was always there for my co workers.
Unethical - Infrastructure Services Markham
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Markham ONAugust 14, 2014
Keep away from this group. Unethical practices and poor management. Overtime is compulsory and no work life balance. All they care is profit and not the employee. You are just a number in the 100000 firm.
Pros
good junior staff
Cons
long hrs, unethical practices, poor management with no focus on innovation, win jobs with low bids.
To many favorites,special privilages
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Firebag ABFebruary 8, 2015
To many friends hiring friends,or to many relatives of the management being hired,if your friends with management or related in some way you pretty much have it made and you job is safe.if your not friends with them outside of work or related in some way.good luck on keeping your job,you will be the first they choose to let go.
Pros
camp work
Cons
to much friends and family, special treatment.
Productive and fun workplace with room for growth
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  ABMay 7, 2015
Great work settings and workplace
Accomodations are all great
Peers and superiors are good to work with
Excellent company culture
productive place,safety oriented,great people to work with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONMarch 18, 2013
the day start with a safety meeting then job assignments and off to work,we always watched for one another to make sure every one was safe.I learned that working as a team can move mountains,and that is what we did:) The management was there to help us i nay way possible to make life smooth and answer any questions we might had,The hardest part of the job was to change pumps and or lines in cold days when it was -30 to -40 ,but we had to do it to keep the mine operational.The most enjoyable part was knowing you were going to work in a safe environment and to work with knowlegeable coworkers.
Pros
great wages
Cons
mine life project too short
Good company to work for
Journeyman/Red Seal Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABJune 9, 2015
I liked being close to home, the hours and wage were excellent. I was on a small project and learned a lot on this job. I would definitely like to work for AECOM again
very good campany
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurrayApril 23, 2015
very good campany I would away like to work with them. they have a good team and a good management. Alway ready to solve their employees problems.
Productive and work safely
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort sasketchewanFebruary 18, 2015
I love doing my job, I always make it a point that i enjoy doing it and doing it in a safe manner not just for me, but for the other workers around me as well.
Cons
Productive, efficient and safe place to work with a fitness room
Industrial Engineer and Lead Project Quality Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work comprises of a few hours of individual working and in personal office and a subtle blend of a interaction form colleagues and at time mediate supervisor when there is need to brainstorm over an issue. I learned so much from my immediate supervisor whose leadership skill is highly desirous.My co-workers are smart and hard working people who, i believe their work ethics has also rob off on me.

The hardest part of my job is whenever I am assigned a non billable work to do.Whenever this happens, I would have to put in more hours than I should in order to meet up budgetary expectations.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet and work with different clients and subcontractors from time to time. There is also the benefit of getting involved with colleagues in games and other activities outside of the work place.
Pros
socialisation
work schedule and homelife balanced out perfectly
Heavy Duty Mechanic (apprenticeship) (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONJune 11, 2013
come in the shop, have a safety meeting with crew, plan out the assigned work. working at a mine has given me the chance to work on various kinds of equipment. management always provided tarining when neccessary. My co-workers were all easy going and patient. i enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was having to be away from home. most employees were fortunate to go home at the end of every shift. and the most enjoyable part was being able to work on and operate these huge pieces of equipment.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not having to go home after every shift.
very comfertable company to work for
Haul truck and pit Dewatering Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Kapuskasing, ONNovember 21, 2013
was always happy to go to work.learned how to operate haule trucks heavy equipment and pumping systems
management where very easy to talk to and where very considerate to job needs
got along great with all my co workers
the hardest part of the job was weather conditions that would slow or stop operations would make for a very long shift
most enjoyable parts of the job was when everything went well and their where no delays and the people I worked with
Pros
good work environment and good peaple to work with
Cons
bad weather and shut downs