AECOM Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great safety culture and work ethics
Instrument Technician (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: Long hours and good LOA = $$
Cons: not much time off for the family oriented in these times
Lots of work time with little time off
so big pay checks
great people to work with on a day to day basis
great experience with such a new company
Lots of room for career growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
The company is very considerate to all working moms. You could do flex-time or work from home. Safety is their number one priority. We always have a monthly safety meeting which covers all preventive measures regarding timely safety issues either from home or workplace.
Good company to work with and advance your career with
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), Anzac, ABAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Great compensation, good benefits, rewarding work
Cons: Long hours, excessive travel involved
A typical day begins at 5:00 am and ends around 6:00 pm. Through my 4.5 years experience with URS, I have developed my construction knowledge as well as learned how to deal with various types of people from co-workers, construction management and Clients and their representatives. The hardest part of this job was the amount of travel and the remoteness of the job site (Northern Alberta) and I spent entirely too much time away from home and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job with URS was the ever changing face of the job as we progressed through the project. Every new challenge taught me more construction practises and solutions to various construction issues that arose.
Good place to work.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee), Redcliff, ABAugust 11, 2015
Good company to work for. Great safety culture. Opportunities for advancement from within. Sometimes project timing can be sporadic.
Family oriented workplace
SR FIeld Coordinator (Former Employee), MBJuly 31, 2015
Pros: working pros dedicated to the work
Cons: no futher work in mining
Was a good experience and would welcome the opportunity to work with them again. Was a good family orientated group dedicated to the task at hand and remained involved to completing the tasks professionally.
Average company
Electrical Apprentice 2nd Year (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2015
Your average company has its benefits. management is willing to help out where they can and find work for the workers if not since its a large company willing to send you to other shops for work.
Fun and fast paced
Lead Hand (Current Employee), Joffre, ABJuly 7, 2015
Provides a great work/life balance with a professional crew of tradesmen that help to make my job as a supervisor much easier.
Great company
Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, open door poilcy with managers, and competitive salary
Cons: Tight deadlines, office requires an update
AECOM is a great company with great mentors on hand. They provide great projects to learn from and provide daily challenges that makes the work exciting. The hardest part of the job would be the tight deadlines with certain project. However, this is common in the field of transportation and not just AECOM.
Productive safety orientated company
Contract Operator (Former Employee), Rainbow Lake, ABJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Salary and Benifits
Cons: Contract Work
I was contracted to another company so i did not associate with my co-workers or supervisers often, but when i did, they were very helpful, pleasant and easy to communicate with.
Good company to work for
Journeyman/Red Seal Carpenter (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABJune 9, 2015
I liked being close to home, the hours and wage were excellent. I was on a small project and learned a lot on this job. I would definitely like to work for AECOM again
Review
Senior Cost Engineer (Former Employee), Fort-McmurrayMay 30, 2015
Great company to work for but lacked management strategies and plans. Great people, great culture but employees turn over is great
positive work environment
Quality Assurance manager (Former Employee), Toronto CanadaMay 17, 2015
Pros: lunch and learn, carreer advancement
Cons: work may be slow at times
A good place to work, provided a great environment to learn and develop into a well rounded employee, Upper management was well engaged with subordinates giving adequate support when required
generally Aecom is a good place to work.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: good payment.
Cons: too many managers, no management. high turn over rate.
generally Aecom is a good place to work. No too much complaints. There is no communication between upper level managers and mid level and low level workers.
Lack of projects to do while I was working there.
Great Crew
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 11, 2015
had a great time working for these guys
lots of extra hours and money to be earned
good leaders

management changed alot
but in the end was great experience
Productive and fun workplace with room for growth
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee), ABMay 7, 2015
Great work settings and workplace
Accomodations are all great
Peers and superiors are good to work with
Excellent company culture
Company was like my family.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABApril 29, 2015
Loved my office and the people I worked with. Learned a lot about the fluid haul business. Management was really good to me. My coworkers were my family, Go Team go. Hardest part of my job was leaving to go home at night. I planned all the social events and was always there for my co workers.
decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee), albertaApril 25, 2015
Pros: camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
very good campany
Construction Electrician (Former Employee), fort mcmurrayApril 23, 2015
very good campany I would away like to work with them. they have a good team and a good management. Alway ready to solve their employees problems.
Logistics and warehousing Specialist (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayApril 14, 2015
Its a good place to work but they made a few cut backs that hurt the pockets of employees. They should take care of the locals.
Ever changing
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Calgary, ABApril 11, 2015
Pros: Location
Cons: Parking
Has been a good place to work. Good people. Hard lately with the downturn in the O&G Industry. Be prepared for many changes and to accept them and move forward.
Links