AECOM Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company to work for.
Inventory/Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABOctober 21, 2015
Good company however job security was always an issue. Working conditions were not always the best as a result of low budget. There was never budgeted money for continuous improvements.
Great safety culture and work ethics
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKSeptember 3, 2015
Lots of work time with little time off
so big pay checks
great people to work with on a day to day basis
great experience with such a new company
Pros
Long hours and good LOA = $$
Cons
not much time off for the family oriented in these times
Good company to work for
loader operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 21, 2015
Its been many years with the same company. They always took good care of their employees. My co workers treat another with respect. I have learnd many different types of skills over the years
Friendly and quiet
Summer student (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONMay 15, 2013
Head to work every monday to friday morning, work at a desk on a computer where I would make revisions to drawings, and sometimes I would print or scan drawings. After an 8 hour shift I would be done. I learned a lot about the work that goes behind every building, road, etc. My managers were very friendly, along with all of my coworkers. There was no tough part of the job, it was relatively simple. The most enjoyable part was learning all of the different aspects to the design that goes into each building.
Pros
lots of engineering experience
Cons
no benefits
Good place to work.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, ABAugust 11, 2015
Good company to work for. Great safety culture. Opportunities for advancement from within. Sometimes project timing can be sporadic.
work well with others learns quickly
safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SKNovember 9, 2015
works well with others and willing to learn new things well knowledge in computers I worked on all the safety monitors and air equipment managed staff to get the workers go out on the jobs site to supply air for the workers
Great crew
Insultor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABOctober 15, 2015
Work just ran out. simply wish I can still work there. Everyone that I worked with was my friend by the time I was let go. Everyday was a good day to get up and go to work. Love the fact that they had drivers and company vehicles. Would love to work for AECOM again!!!
excellent company to work for
Safety advisor (Current Employee) –  rural project ABOctober 30, 2015
Have learned a lot about my field in my time with this company and have made many life long colleagues along the way. Has a very friendly atmosphere and great collaboration among different groups.
good place to work
Piping construction engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABNovember 7, 2015
generally speaking Aecom is a good place for engineers to work with professionals which can add to the experience and skills.
disorganized upper management, constant payroll issues
Instrumentation Technician (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 3, 2014
great guys to work with out in the field, but upper management very disorganized. Orientation was a complete joke.
work is not bad, but constantly looking for supplies to complete the job.
Pros
good group of guys to work with
Cons
horrible shift, travel compensation is low
What I learned.
Procurement Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABSeptember 17, 2015
I was able to learn the start of being a Procurement Buyer. Dealing with vendors on a daily basis - looking for the best price and availability of materials. Communicating with the people in the field to ensure that they were getting the correct materials in a timely manner.
Pros
Dealing with Vendors
Cons
uncooperative people
no advancement
controller (Former Employee) –  calgary, abAugust 22, 2014
poor management led to poor training, staff are lazy & managers dont lead well. no advancement therefore no future.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor management
positive work environment
Quality Assurance manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto CanadaMay 17, 2015
A good place to work, provided a great environment to learn and develop into a well rounded employee, Upper management was well engaged with subordinates giving adequate support when required
Pros
lunch and learn, carreer advancement
Cons
work may be slow at times
Accounts Payable Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sherwood ParkAugust 24, 2014
data entry all day
not much known about raises and bonuses
good management
Lots of room for career growth.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 31, 2015
The company is very considerate to all working moms. You could do flex-time or work from home. Safety is their number one priority. We always have a monthly safety meeting which covers all preventive measures regarding timely safety issues either from home or workplace.
No Bosses
lead (Current Employee) –  EdmontonMay 12, 2014
I love working at AECOM because, even though there are bosses, everyone is treated the same. The VPs, District Managers, Managers, etc all work together. No one thinks of themselves as better as another.
Pros
free lunches, great benefits package
Cons
sometimes high stress and short deadlines
Poor working conditions
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 4, 2014
Very poor at planning daily activites. Procesess did not have smooth flow. Other divisions did not work well with each other so it seemed we always putting out fires.
Pros
decent salary with company truck benefits
Cons
poor communication. will not improve facilities
Big Company big opportunity
Site labourer (Former Employee) –  Cheecham, AlbertaApril 9, 2015
Their are no typical work days, I learned a great deal about pipefitting rigging spotting welding and prep work as it pertains to the construction industry. Hands down the best part of the job was my co workers, the most enjoyable part was the paycheque. I suppose the hardest part of the job would be the weather in Cheecham Alberta in febuary, its all out doors and its cold, nuff said.
Pros
Great work life balance 14/7
Cons
Having to find a new work home when projects end.
Fun and fast paced
Lead Hand (Current Employee) –  Joffre, ABJuly 7, 2015
Provides a great work/life balance with a professional crew of tradesmen that help to make my job as a supervisor much easier.
decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  albertaApril 25, 2015
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
Pros
camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..