AECOM

1.6K reviews

AECOM Employee Reviews

decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee) –  albertaApril 25, 2015
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
Pros
camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..
very good campany
Construction Electrician (Former Employee) –  fort mcmurrayApril 23, 2015
very good campany I would away like to work with them. they have a good team and a good management. Alway ready to solve their employees problems.
Logistics and warehousing Specialist (Current Employee) –  fort mcmurrayApril 14, 2015
Its a good place to work but they made a few cut backs that hurt the pockets of employees. They should take care of the locals.
Ever changing
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 11, 2015
Has been a good place to work. Good people. Hard lately with the downturn in the O&G Industry. Be prepared for many changes and to accept them and move forward.
Pros
Cons
Parking
Big Company big opportunity
Site labourer (Former Employee) –  Cheecham, AlbertaApril 9, 2015
Their are no typical work days, I learned a great deal about pipefitting rigging spotting welding and prep work as it pertains to the construction industry. Hands down the best part of the job was my co workers, the most enjoyable part was the paycheque. I suppose the hardest part of the job would be the weather in Cheecham Alberta in febuary, its all out doors and its cold, nuff said.
Pros
Great work life balance 14/7
Cons
Having to find a new work home when projects end.
Fast paced, learning environment
Trades Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
This company provided a lot of work experience in my field. Gained valuable business and recruitment knowledge for my career.
URS is a great company to work for! Everyone was great
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Carmon Creek ProjectMarch 27, 2015
URS is a great company to work for with great people. I would have stayed with the company however everyone was laid off due to the recession.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Got laid off
Excellent group
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Peace River, ABMarch 16, 2015
Not very often i say this, but URS has a great crew from top to bottom here. Safety guys are fantastic and the upper management actually listens to the worker
Awesome company
Regional Recruitment Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 11, 2015
Awesome company to work with. Great work life balance, great people and management.

Would definitely recommend to others.
good place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  grande prairieMarch 9, 2015
AECOM is a good place to work
- pretty flexible and family orientated
Safety is extremely important to the company

my co workers are great and are like family..

we have managed to keep busy with the slow times in the oil field
Pros
family/work balance
Cons
a bit isolated
good work environment
apprentice electrician (Former Employee) –  JoffreMarch 2, 2015
Good place to work, good hours. Enjoyed my time there. Cut backs came along and low man on the totem pole got the axe first. Would definitely go back if the opportunity arose.
Good guys to work with
driver (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABFebruary 25, 2015
Decent place to work. Great guys to work with. No movement to move up into supervisor roles etc. Guaranteed hours and flights into camp
Pros
hours guaranteed
Cons
no movement
Productive and work safely
Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Fort sasketchewanFebruary 18, 2015
I love doing my job, I always make it a point that i enjoy doing it and doing it in a safe manner not just for me, but for the other workers around me as well.
To many favorites,special privilages
Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Firebag ABFebruary 8, 2015
To many friends hiring friends,or to many relatives of the management being hired,if your friends with management or related in some way you pretty much have it made and you job is safe.if your not friends with them outside of work or related in some way.good luck on keeping your job,you will be the first they choose to let go.
Pros
camp work
Cons
to much friends and family, special treatment.
Decent job
Warehouse Technician/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 26, 2015
URS was a decent company. The pay was good. The crew i was with was very in-experienced
Applying Best Practices of American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE) and Project Management Institute (PMI).
PLANNING & SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2015
Great place for Professional Development
Skills Improvement
Application of Earned Value Management System and Critical Path Method (CPM)
Pros
organization supports pd
Cons
extra time and weekend work sometime
OK
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2014
OK, progressive, leveraging technology to break geography barriers.
decent poeple , good shifts up north 10 and 4 in winter and 9 and 5 in summer
Welder/Welders helper (Former Employee) –  pelican lakeNovember 6, 2014
good play , rate of pay was a little low and it was pulling teeth to get a review for a raise . everything was supplied tho and they treated us pretty good. worked in all kinds of weather tho and didn't shut down at all, rain ,snow, minus 40 it didn't matter.
Pros
paid lunches and jump hours when weather was no good
Cons
rate of pay and advancment, didnt want to pay for schooling and or tickets
Productive, efficient and safe place to work with a fitness room
Industrial Engineer and Lead Project Quality Rep (Current Employee) –  Calgary AlbertaOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work comprises of a few hours of individual working and in personal office and a subtle blend of a interaction form colleagues and at time mediate supervisor when there is need to brainstorm over an issue. I learned so much from my immediate supervisor whose leadership skill is highly desirous.My co-workers are smart and hard working people who, i believe their work ethics has also rob off on me.

The hardest part of my job is whenever I am assigned a non billable work to do.Whenever this happens, I would have to put in more hours than I should in order to meet up budgetary expectations.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet and work with different clients and subcontractors from time to time. There is also the benefit of getting involved with colleagues in games and other activities outside of the work place.
Pros
socialisation
not bad
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  kinosisOctober 20, 2014
not bad at all
learned a lot
fun at work
management is a little sucks
co-workers are very nice