AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive workplace
SAMSE Operator/ Clerk (Former Employee), Kandahar Air Field, AfghanistanJune 5, 2014
Pros: free meals & living quarters
Cons: short brakes, long duty hours (no holiday) etc
Open, update & close work orders, send and receive interfaces. Send out reports on the daily, weekly or/and monthly bases. Assit the customer by explaining to them the procedures and guidance on how to operate certain or any area of the systems and the organization as a whole in conjuction with the military. Order, receiving & issueing parts, conducting – more... invetory every month and other tasks as asssigned. – less
Staff Accountant
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
It was a short term contract. I learnt oracle during this project.
A very busy workshop in a hostile and dangerous enviroment (Afghanistan), with an international work force (Indian, Kosovan,American and British)
Heavy Wheeled Mechanic/Wheeled Technical Inspector (Current Employee), AfghanistanJune 2, 2014
Pros: free meals and pay
Cons: long hours 77 hours a week, harsh conditions, poor food and tented accomodation
Technical inspections of military and civilian vehicles/equipment as per American military 10/20 manuals, creation of work packets for mechanics to carry out work on vehicles/equipment (this includes allocation of time for repair and demanding of all spare parts for the vehicle/equipment)

Load testing of a various mechanic lifting equipment within – more... the Forward Operations Base (FOB) in Shindand Afghanistan.

Custodian for both the technical manual library and all calibrated items with in the FOB, ensuring that all technical manuals are up to date and all calibrated items are in date.

Quality Advocate for FOB, duties include audits of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) Work Instructions (WI's) and job specification with in the FOB.

Hardest part of the job was mortar attacks from the Taliban and the heat in the summer. – less
Very busy office
Project Administrator/Document Controller (Current Employee), Croydon, ENGMay 30, 2014
Pros: safe, secure, great location, good people
Cons: luck of career development
Usually I am very busy. When I come to work I usually start from going throw my inbox and identifying the jobs that need doing urgently. If there is too much work I have to think of re-distributing some of the work in order to stay on top of things and get everything done. Mostly I am involved in document control, so I am keeping eye on all incoming – more... transmittals and issuing outgoing files and drawing as required. When I have a moment I do scanning and filing off all the staff that was received and issued. This is a bit of a time consuming job as it is required linking various databases for the future reference but It's very important to do it thoroughly. During the day I might get asked to provide reception cover or arrange some travelling ticket or book a car, it really depends on what day will bring us. Some day I have to set up WebEX conference or book a meeting room and provide some refreshments. My duties are not limited by document control so I am involved in everything to extend. In the evening I am franking and sending outgoing mail. – less
knowledgable professional staff
Site Foreman / Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 29, 2014
Good place to work, good people, lot of project variety, only down side is extensive travel.
Large international company with a variety of opportunities
Air Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAMay 27, 2014
Work with analyzing data, writing reports, developing monitoring plans, and managing technicians in the field. Co-workers are all very friendly.
productive and fun workplace and good people
Avionics Technician/ Release & Control Team Leader (Former Employee), China Lake, CAMay 27, 2014
get place to work fresh out of the military
middle of the middle nowhere
A productive place
A/P & Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Bagram AfghanistanMay 25, 2014
Pros: paychecks didn't bounce
Cons: company not people orientated
Work is what you would expect it to be in a combat zone, plenty of it, confusing most of the time, long hours and it could be dangerous to your health at any given moment.
Productive Work Environment
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: short term employment
I enjoyed my employment with AECOM. My only complaint was that the assignment was very short with no long term potential of employment there.
Not bad but poorly managed
sheetmetal (Former Employee), PARMay 21, 2014
long hours easy work, good people, bad management and pretty fair money
Overseas
RPAT Operation Lead (Current Employee), PARMay 19, 2014
Pros: alot of traveling to different countrys
Enjoy the traveling to far off country's. But in a danger zone most ot the time.....
I did not work with aecom I worked with gss/ ac first
MHE Heavy Wheel Maintenance Inspector (Current Employee), Kandahar AfghanistanMay 17, 2014
Pros: some good people
Cons: maintenance section has too much drama
I did not work with aecom i worked with the sister companys. I worked with GSS/AC FIRST.
Productive and fun work place with open areas to exercise
Airframe and Structural Mechanic (Former Employee), PARMay 14, 2014
Pros: knowledgeable of the job.
Productive, co-operative with excellent team work experience. Follows instructions, will seek help / assistance when required.
Reliable, punctual, attentive, understanding and a will do any work mechanic.
Great Company
Logistics Analyst I (Current Employee), PARMay 14, 2014
Excellent Compnay that provides an equal opportuntiy for employment within all ethinic backgrounds.
SUPERVISOR
Maintenance Supervisor-III (Current Employee), KANDAHAR AIRFIELDMay 14, 2014
WORKED WITH TEAM WORK AND GOT THE ALL TIMES TRAINING , LEARNED SAFETY MEETINGEVERYDAY MORNING AND EVENING
Challenging and rewarding
HSE- Hazmat Specialist, Afghanistan (Current Employee), AfghanistanMay 14, 2014
Maintian a good safety culture throughout the AECOM Footprint.
Professional Multi disciplinary Consulting Engineering practice
Operations Support Officer / Secretary (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCMay 13, 2014
Cons: flexi hours
A well structured Consulting Engineering Company. With great Management and co-workers.
Good opportunities
Scientist II (Current Employee), HoustonMay 8, 2014
I am an in house contract for Spectra Energy permitting for natural gas pipeline projects.
team work , interasting job
Procurement & Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Iraq , Baghdad , international zoneMay 5, 2014
Pros: hazard payment
Cons: lunch break, transportation, health care
we worked with COR ( council of representatives) of Iraq to enhanced the skills for representative members VIP staff
AECOM was a hard working enviroment but fun place to work.
Inspector lll (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 5, 2014
Working at AECOM on a typical day started at 7.00am. and ended when ever the Contractor stop working. For me it was a great learning experience, I learnt a lot about construction and management, even though I was not a manager, and most of all the people were great to work with.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology Corporation is a professional technical and management support services firm.