AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and flexible
Senior Hydraulic modeller and Flood Risk Advisor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGJuly 16, 2014
Productive and flexible with possible room for upward movement.
Aircraft Mechanic III/Technical Inspector (Former Employee), AfghanistanJuly 13, 2014
great place and company to work for enjoyed my time with the Company
Poor managemant
Audio/Technician (Former Employee), Vienna VAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good befinets
Cons: good heath care
Had favorites and didn't treat everyone the same... Had good heath plans and ever 6 months everyone got bouns
Perform corrective maintenance on heavy wheeled vehicles
Heavy Equipment Mechanic, Contractor (Former Employee), afghanistanJune 23, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: nothing
Maintain 5 tones trucks, and Power Generation and Ground Support Equipment, including generators, forklifts, backhoe, water pumps, air conditioners, cranes and a variety of other equipment, trailers plus a variety of other combat vehicles by service and repair. Complete documentation, such as repair orders, P.M. lists and parts inventory and accountability. – more... Organize by reviewing daily requirements; checking, and gathering supplies. Handling multiple vehicle repairs, hydraulic leaks, lubrication, changing fluids, and tires. Updates job knowledge by reading technical manuals. – less
WORK AS STRUCTURE DESIGN ENGINEER ( CIVIL )
Engineer-I (Current Employee), GurgaonJune 20, 2014
this is core company for working as structure design engineer (civil). i learn here how to work and design of all parts of structure like pile cap, pile , column , beam and preparing the staad model of metro station.
Worst EVER
H60 Unscheduled Team Member (Former Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanJune 18, 2014
Pros: night shift
Cons: eveything about aecom is a con
This company had us work 84 hours a week and didn't pay overtime, the management was very unorganized, and very bias!
co-workers were a mix of experienced aviation mechanics to fraudulent want to be mechanics because they copied and pasted an A&P brochure to their resume!
Productive and Energetic work place
SUPERVISOR III (Former Employee), PARJune 13, 2014
Pros: free food and accomodation
Cons: long hrs of 12.5 hrs with 1hr lunch break
I gained lot experience in this position on computer was good for me
Excellent in-country project management
DIRECTOR, KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER & TRAINING (Former Employee), Tripoli, LibyaJune 13, 2014
Pros: good compensation and benefits
Cons: some foreign payroll delays but always get you paid
I worked for AECOM in Libya and Ghana on infrastructure and gas process plant construction. Hard working, generous company.
Learning
Shop Foreman/ Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Kandahar AfghanistanJune 13, 2014
This company has given me the opportunity to try and make a different in my and my co workers life.
I learned how to was in a different direction.
Safety oriented and great people
Senior Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAJune 12, 2014
They have a safety oriented work place with quality work being the main focuses. The people are great to work with and help each other move up in the company.
Productive and good workplace
Senior mechanical checker on FMG Soloman project (Former Employee), PerthJune 10, 2014
Pros: numerous reasons prevailed for morning teas and group meetings
Cons: not enough senior experienced personnel to assist juniors
Varied projects and interesting, particularly the challenges of checking the complicated network of underground structures and mechanical equipment layout of Chelopec Mine. The engineers and designers input was exceptional.
Productive workplace
SAMSE Operator/ Clerk (Former Employee), Kandahar Air Field, AfghanistanJune 5, 2014
Pros: free meals & living quarters
Cons: short brakes, long duty hours (no holiday) etc
Open, update & close work orders, send and receive interfaces. Send out reports on the daily, weekly or/and monthly bases. Assit the customer by explaining to them the procedures and guidance on how to operate certain or any area of the systems and the organization as a whole in conjuction with the military. Order, receiving & issueing parts, conducting – more... invetory every month and other tasks as asssigned. – less
Staff Accountant
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2014
It was a short term contract. I learnt oracle during this project.
A very busy workshop in a hostile and dangerous enviroment (Afghanistan), with an international work force (Indian, Kosovan,American and British)
Heavy Wheeled Mechanic/Wheeled Technical Inspector (Current Employee), AfghanistanJune 2, 2014
Pros: free meals and pay
Cons: long hours 77 hours a week, harsh conditions, poor food and tented accomodation
Technical inspections of military and civilian vehicles/equipment as per American military 10/20 manuals, creation of work packets for mechanics to carry out work on vehicles/equipment (this includes allocation of time for repair and demanding of all spare parts for the vehicle/equipment)

Load testing of a various mechanic lifting equipment within – more... the Forward Operations Base (FOB) in Shindand Afghanistan.

Custodian for both the technical manual library and all calibrated items with in the FOB, ensuring that all technical manuals are up to date and all calibrated items are in date.

Quality Advocate for FOB, duties include audits of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) Work Instructions (WI's) and job specification with in the FOB.

Hardest part of the job was mortar attacks from the Taliban and the heat in the summer. – less
Very busy office
Project Administrator/Document Controller (Current Employee), Croydon, ENGMay 30, 2014
Pros: safe, secure, great location, good people
Cons: luck of career development
Usually I am very busy. When I come to work I usually start from going throw my inbox and identifying the jobs that need doing urgently. If there is too much work I have to think of re-distributing some of the work in order to stay on top of things and get everything done. Mostly I am involved in document control, so I am keeping eye on all incoming – more... transmittals and issuing outgoing files and drawing as required. When I have a moment I do scanning and filing off all the staff that was received and issued. This is a bit of a time consuming job as it is required linking various databases for the future reference but It's very important to do it thoroughly. During the day I might get asked to provide reception cover or arrange some travelling ticket or book a car, it really depends on what day will bring us. Some day I have to set up WebEX conference or book a meeting room and provide some refreshments. My duties are not limited by document control so I am involved in everything to extend. In the evening I am franking and sending outgoing mail. – less
knowledgable professional staff
Site Foreman / Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMay 29, 2014
Good place to work, good people, lot of project variety, only down side is extensive travel.
Large international company with a variety of opportunities
Air Quality Specialist (Current Employee), Chelmsford, MAMay 27, 2014
Work with analyzing data, writing reports, developing monitoring plans, and managing technicians in the field. Co-workers are all very friendly.
productive and fun workplace and good people
Avionics Technician/ Release & Control Team Leader (Former Employee), China Lake, CAMay 27, 2014
get place to work fresh out of the military
middle of the middle nowhere
A productive place
A/P & Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee), Bagram AfghanistanMay 25, 2014
Pros: paychecks didn't bounce
Cons: company not people orientated
Work is what you would expect it to be in a combat zone, plenty of it, confusing most of the time, long hours and it could be dangerous to your health at any given moment.
Productive Work Environment
Project Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 24, 2014
Pros: great working environment
Cons: short term employment
I enjoyed my employment with AECOM. My only complaint was that the assignment was very short with no long term potential of employment there.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more