AECOM Employee Reviews

interesting to learn shutdown work
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2017
it has been a good place to work so far. learning about on site maintainance. only bad part is the travel to camps. good team workers
Pros
have work
Cons
none so far
Environnement très sain
Directeur du prix de revient (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 February 2017
J'ai pu beaucoup développer mes habiletés de gestion.Les relations avec les ingénieurs étaient très bonnes
Pros
ambiance chaleureuse
Cons
instabilité de l'emploi
Great Management and staff
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 February 2017
Always treated well and was a very friendly team orientated work atmosphere. Would continue to work for them if there wasn't a shortage of work. Great learning environment for starting out in the trade.
Challenging and Fast Paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 January 2017
While working for Aecom I was challenged in every aspect of my day. When tasks were mastered, there was always something more to do to challenge and grow my skills.
Summary of AECOM
Senior Project Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake Alberta24 January 2017
I have worked for a few global firms but AECOM is a company where if you dream it you can make it happen. I have never felt so connected to a company in my entire life, I found a company which has the same belief system as me, I hope I have the chance to work with this firm again.
Pros
Excellence communication, caring environment.
Cons
So old school thinking which is on it's way out.
Great company to work for!
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB19 January 2017
I enjoyed working for AECOM. I worked for them at two different locations and worked under two different management teams. There is a strong safety presence within the company. There were several instances where the proper tool for the job was not available.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Tool availability
Empresa muito boa
Estagiário na área de água (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON, Canadá19 January 2017
Trabalhei com pessoas do mundo todo, tive uma ótima gerência e colegas prontos para ajudar.
Canadian group is very secure
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 January 2017
I have only worked for the industrial construction division located in Alberta Canada. They are a very tight group that appreciates hard work. The management that is in place, is very hands on and are in their positions due to the hard work and dedication they have put in to get there. They reward hard work and have done an excellent job of keeping their core group of workers employed through tight times in the marketplace.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Moved to smaller size jobs since taking over URS/Flint
A large and diverse organisation
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 January 2017
It has been a productive experience with them. They tend to care more about bean counting and productivity than employee satisfaction or work life balance. Not much employee input allowed and the company is very poor for information dissemination.
Was an enjoyable workplace until cut backs happened.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lampman, SK4 January 2017
Too much indecision since buyout and cut backs. Lost a lot of benefits. Have to work too far from home, only see my family on weekends. Had great co-workers, but most of them have quit due to job insecurity.
Pros
Safe work place
Cons
Loss of benefits, too much indecision
Good companey
Red seal pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 January 2017
Good companey to work for , all trades worked together good.companey has some reall good supervisor who know what they are doing and who can make a job go good and smooth
OK place.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 December 2016
You get overworked if you do good work. They are mostly concerned with selling hours and squeezing the most out of their employees. They have pretty high turnover.

People in general are good to work with.
Enjoyable workplace where every friday is BBQ Friday
LEADHAND JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB13 December 2016
Set up workers with tasks and periodically check on them through the day while i do maintenance on equipment. I can say ive learned something new every day and still continue to do so. Some of the management knows their stuff and gets the job done, others are just there to collect a pay check. Co-workers have their good and bad days, and who doesnt. its how you approach them that determines if they will produce that day. Hardest part of the job is to have everyone satisfied with a a task. The most enjoyable part of my job is leading by example.
Pros
Home every night
Cons
Not being heard
Acom
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 December 2016
I really enjoyed working with AECOM, a Great Experience, Great team and management have been helpful and great people to work with. I enjoyed working at every project that was given to me.
Poor corporate culture
VP & Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta2 December 2016
Growth through acquisition with poor assimilation. Management was not properly trained or available to provide leadership and/or direction. Company is totally focused on billable hours vs. quality of service.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor leadership.....remote.
job well done working safe
sandblaster/coater/insulator/EWP (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
good experience working with great team doing good job focus on safety first and showing quality and enjoying work doing something i like do,learn from other and teaching too
Good Manager and Bad Manager
Civil Technologist - Transportation (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2016
Drafting and Design highway and bridge structures. I learned that every company has good manager and bad manager. When encounter bad manager, try to work with other department where good manager exist. Co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is to find learning opportunities from Structural Supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with Roadway Lead because he is a model of a good manager that I can learn from.
Pros
Good Lead in Civil Highway Team and many good co-workers
Cons
Bad supervisor in Structural Team
Great global company
Recruitment Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2016
Great Department Manager
Amazing co-workers
Fast pace
Fun learning
great interaction-communication within department
Pros
Great company
Cons
Job Stability
No advancement
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, Cold Lake, Carseland, Exshaw1 November 2016
They are a large, convoluted company with no loyalty to their workers. When a job is finished they mass lay-off people and then leave it up to the employees to find out if they have more positions available.
Pros
Been around a long time
Cons
No transfers
Fast paced, changing environment
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2016
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and management. I formed good relationships with the HR Directors and enjoyed working with them. It was a fact paced environment with regular changes in strategy and business requirements. I gained great experience in analytics and working with high level management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval