AECOM Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
contract recruiter
Recruiter-contract (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: work is dependant on oil prices
Aecom was going through some growing pains transitioning from FLINT, to URS and then AECOM. Oil prices dropped and they had to re org. has been a difficult time for many.
I loved being able to work from home and still be communicating with candidates regularly as I was recruiting for oil and gas.
The team I was working with was fantastic, although I was not in the office often, we had a very good working relationship.
Strong culture but lack in industry
HR Lead (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
Aecom was a fairly good company to work for. I learned a lot in my time there but they do pay less than you should deserve. The people are great but the upper management is very segmented.
A fun work place to be in.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Lunch was payed by the company.
Cons: Long hours.
I have learned a lot about drafting and AutoCAD while working at AECOM. Very friendly colleagues and the project manager helped me through out the projects.
great group of people to work with
Tool Crib Operator (Current Employee), Cold Lake, ABNovember 17, 2015
Management strives to work with employees by providing ongoing training to keep workers abreast of newest policies on safety management to assist workers in their daily work schedule.
work well with others learns quickly
safety supervisor (Former Employee), Lampman, SKNovember 9, 2015
works well with others and willing to learn new things well knowledge in computers I worked on all the safety monitors and air equipment managed staff to get the workers go out on the jobs site to supply air for the workers
good place to work
Piping construction engineer (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 7, 2015
generally speaking Aecom is a good place for engineers to work with professionals which can add to the experience and skills.
Difficult to advance
Specialist III, Support (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 5, 2015
Pros: Immediate Mangers
Cons: Executive Management
No room for advancement through training. Always tight on money. Insane corporate culture and process. A silo mentality abounds. Everyone in I.T. too paranoid about their jobs to share helpful information. Executive management doesn't give a "care" for the users at the desk. It's all about lining their pockets and screw the rest.
excellent company to work for
Safety advisor (Current Employee), rural project ABOctober 30, 2015
Have learned a lot about my field in my time with this company and have made many life long colleagues along the way. Has a very friendly atmosphere and great collaboration among different groups.
Good Team Atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee), Sherwood Park, ABOctober 23, 2015
Pros: Good Salary
Cons: Low LOA rates
Need more communication between business units and districts. A lot of juggling personnel around the offices.
A lot of unnecessary employees holding positions that should be eliminated for budget enhancement on projects.
excellent company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABOctober 21, 2015
Pros: Great working atmosphere with co-workers and Management
Cons: none to mention
Great management team to work with no pressure and lots of encouragement and praise - the best times were here when it was URS but changes came with AECOM
Good company to work for.
Inventory/Fleet Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Nisku, ABOctober 21, 2015
Good company however job security was always an issue. Working conditions were not always the best as a result of low budget. There was never budgeted money for continuous improvements.
Different field to enhance career with balanced life style
Civil/structural Engineering (Former Employee), canadaOctober 18, 2015
AECOM is a company who deal with its expertise in various area including Civil, Infrastructure, oil and Gas,Building Construction and management, Urban Planning and Design and so many others. It value their employees and their career path with family requirement. It serve best services with excellent quality within the timeline and budget. It has highly experienced professional to handle all kind of huge level of projects including Bridge design, Building Construction and all.

It would my pleasure if I get and opportunity to serve my expertise, ideas and handwork.I will always keen to grab any opportunity to work with this firm.
Great crew
Insultor (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABOctober 15, 2015
Work just ran out. simply wish I can still work there. Everyone that I worked with was my friend by the time I was let go. Everyday was a good day to get up and go to work. Love the fact that they had drivers and company vehicles. Would love to work for AECOM again!!!
Lacks integrity
Electrician (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 6, 2015
Speaking from the Saskatchewan area only. If you are an electrician looking for a job and not a career that's all aecom is. Forget about your future the project managers walk all over you. Basically a company where the field worker is treated like the lowest form on the earth. Managers forget that field are the ones that bring the money to their pocket. I suggest you keep looking for work and keep aecom away from electrical all together. They are ruining our rights as electricians.
AECOM
Project Controls Assistant (Current Employee), ManitobaSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: On the job training and recognition for hard work
Cons: Job security upon project completion
I have appreciated my time with the company AECOM.
I received many raises throughout my time with the company as recognition for my hard work and dedication which highly motivated me to strive for higher results.
When I received my promotion into the Project Controls Assistant I began advancing my skills and the management on site was very supportive and compassionate.
Fast paced work environment
TECHNICAL WRITER - SIMANDOU RAIL PROJECT (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
Pros: Great Pay and Benefits
Cons: Project based work
AECOM is a great place to work. The pay is great and there is not much down time once you are on a project. The difficult part is when you have to locate new projects to work on once a project finishes.
What I learned.
Procurement Buyer (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Dealing with Vendors
Cons: uncooperative people
I was able to learn the start of being a Procurement Buyer. Dealing with vendors on a daily basis - looking for the best price and availability of materials. Communicating with the people in the field to ensure that they were getting the correct materials in a timely manner.
Amazing Boss, Great Team
Corporate Legal Assistant (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: lack of work life balance and low compensation
While working at URS I had an amazing boss and the team I worked with was like a little family. Everyone was ready and willing to support eachother. Unfortunately after being with the company for over four years I made the decision to leave the role I was in for better compensation.
completely disorganized
OG Manager (Current Employee), Sherwood ParkSeptember 14, 2015
Company is in complete state of chaos with no guidance. AECOM purchased URS with no interest in being in the OG business.
Great safety culture and work ethics
Instrument Technician (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKSeptember 3, 2015
Pros: Long hours and good LOA = $$
Cons: not much time off for the family oriented in these times
Lots of work time with little time off
so big pay checks
great people to work with on a day to day basis
great experience with such a new company
Links