AECOM Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the crew
Apprentice Instrumentation Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC8 October 2016
I enjoyed the crew and the project manager but I feel that this company has a lot of work to do to get back to being in the race for high end employer.
Cons
No RRSP or extras
Great global company
Recruitment Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2016
Great Department Manager
Amazing co-workers
Fast pace
Fun learning
great interaction-communication within department
Pros
Great company
Cons
Job Stability
Good Team Atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB23 October 2015
Need more communication between business units and districts. A lot of juggling personnel around the offices.
A lot of unnecessary employees holding positions that should be eliminated for budget enhancement on projects.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Low LOA rates
oil based company, low amount of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 March 2016
The day would start off with a tailgate meeting with a weekly safety meeting every Wednesday. I learned on the job the different types of drill pipe. Management was a stickler for keeping records precise. My fellow co-workers we a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to find a location for incoming stock, there was such a lack of space in the yard. The best part of the day was when you got congratulated on a great job.
Pros
The safety meetings
Cons
lack of space in the yard
Great company
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 July 2015
AECOM is a great company with great mentors on hand. They provide great projects to learn from and provide daily challenges that makes the work exciting. The hardest part of the job would be the tight deadlines with certain project. However, this is common in the field of transportation and not just AECOM.
Pros
Free coffee, open door poilcy with managers, and competitive salary
Cons
Tight deadlines, office requires an update
Okay place to work
Project Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
Could have a more focused approach to work by the management. Higher management not focused on people growth in the organization.
Good Experience
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2016
They Gave me the opportunity to try new things and responsibility to do things on my own which allowed me to learn a lot more than at previous jobs. The supervision was also excellent, it is a well managed company.
Pros
co workers
Cons
worst pay I've ever seen.
Fast paced work environment
TECHNICAL WRITER - SIMANDOU RAIL PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 September 2015
AECOM is a great place to work. The pay is great and there is not much down time once you are on a project. The difficult part is when you have to locate new projects to work on once a project finishes.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Project based work
Productive, Fun workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 April 2016
I was hard worker in my team which includes Service Desk\Desktop team. The work environment was fun and friendly through years I worked there. The IT Department was very small when I started working in Flint\AECOM and then grew to big team and I grew with the team. I have gained lots of hands-on and technical experience through 10 years working in AECOM. I always was motivated to go to work every single day and to meet the challenges.
Pros
Friendly, Resourceful, educational
Cons
Not much room to grow
They are ok company to work for
Manager/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB12 July 2016
Unable really write a review do to came off medical leave and got laid off and am not eligiable do to being on long term disability.
Co-workers and other tradespeople were easy to work with
3rd year apprentice, welder (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB19 January 2016
As long as it was a productive day at work and able to go home safe at the end of the shift, then it was a good day. Structural GF & the Pipefitter's GF were awesome guys to work for because they cared about the input of the people working underneath them. They knew that a happy crew was a safe & productive crew! Hardest part of the job, was watching people with families being laid off....On the account of management bidding aggressively on jobs!
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management hasn't changed their way of thinking about employees or the business
Different field to enhance career with balanced life style
Civil/structural Engineering (Former Employee) –  canada18 October 2015
AECOM is a company who deal with its expertise in various area including Civil, Infrastructure, oil and Gas,Building Construction and management, Urban Planning and Design and so many others. It value their employees and their career path with family requirement. It serve best services with excellent quality within the timeline and budget. It has highly experienced professional to handle all kind of huge level of projects including Bridge design, Building Construction and all.

It would my pleasure if I get and opportunity to serve my expertise, ideas and handwork.I will always keen to grab any opportunity to work with this firm.
I didn't like working at AECOM
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB28 April 2016
When AECOM took over Flint URS there got to be too many people thinking that they were in charge when they weren't. They started to fire everyone that had been there for a long time and began hiring people that were family members of the company and refusing others. They began hiring people that didn't know how to do their jobs.
Average company
Electrical Apprentice 2nd Year (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 July 2015
Your average company has its benefits. management is willing to help out where they can and find work for the workers if not since its a large company willing to send you to other shops for work.
Large Company
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2016
Good client list with opportunity to work on diverse projects across the globe. Good learning experience and work-life balance.
complexity and size of project
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2016
perform inspections, take photo and upload, check emails, communicate with site super and trades, write report, phone conversation and report work quality and progress, review drawings and spec, monitor tests, process invoices, study contract changes, communicate to co-workers about work and life,
The hardest part of job was arguing with contractor about quality and negotiate claims.
The most enjoyable part was work progress and learning new methods of work and familiarization with trades
Pros
flexibility to manage your time between different tasks
Cons
speding unpaid time to drive to job site
Difficult to advance
Specialist III, Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2015
No room for advancement through training. Always tight on money. Insane corporate culture and process. A silo mentality abounds. Everyone in I.T. too paranoid about their jobs to share helpful information. Executive management doesn't give a "care" for the users at the desk. It's all about lining their pockets and screw the rest.
Pros
Immediate Mangers
Cons
Executive Management
It has a been a better experience then previous camps
Red Seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 May 2016
The camp has better rooms, private bathrooms, and food was satisfactory. There is not much of a gym to exercise in however.
decent poeple , good shifts up north 10 and 4 in winter and 9 and 5 in summer
Welder/Welders helper (Former Employee) –  pelican lake6 November 2014
good play , rate of pay was a little low and it was pulling teeth to get a review for a raise . everything was supplied tho and they treated us pretty good. worked in all kinds of weather tho and didn't shut down at all, rain ,snow, minus 40 it didn't matter.
Pros
paid lunches and jump hours when weather was no good
Cons
rate of pay and advancment, didnt want to pay for schooling and or tickets
Very much enjoyed working for them.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Husky Sunrise8 March 2016
Enjoyed the Team I was with, all the guys were great. There was nothing wrong with management and they paid within the industry standard. It was a positive experience. To bad the price of oil is what it is.
Pros
Could walk to the office and we had our own bathrooms in camp.