AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very intelligent company
Road Design Technologist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2013
Wide variety of knowledge and experience. Very smart supervisors that ensure you obtain and carry out everything you have been taught in school and at the workplace.
Terrible company
Biologist (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: some of the other staff were good people
Cons: everything
This company has no clue how to treat their employees. False job advertising; they advertize their positions to attract good people, but you end up doing a lower level job that you didn't apply to. When you have questions or concerns about your job you get stabbed in the back and treated like garbage. I found management to be inexperienced and inadequate – more... to handle workloads, staff, budgets and projects. No job security with high stress among staff and employees who feared of losing their job. – less
poor management company
Designer (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free chatting in work hours
Cons: hard work is not appreciated. no fairness. job is not secured.
Not recommended work place. Poor management and company culture. Hard work not rewarded. Performance is purly based on manager's personal preference..... No fairness.

February 3, 2013

Very poorly managed company with absolutely no regard for their employees. Managers are not people oriented. High turn over rate with staff getting fired or quickly leaving to find better employment.

productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
Cons: at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is – more... to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time. – less
great
Project Manager Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2012
Pros: staff, work life balance
Cons: temporary
A typical day at work was all administrative work. I got to use my Microsoft skills
Bad old management and destructive decisions maker
Former engineer and project manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Pros: payroll on time
Cons: not friendly environment and tension in most of offices
higher and intermidiate managers take old school management decisions and distruct the company structure, the result is the employees don't trust the company and the managers. Some employees brought millions of dollars to AECOM, but the got laid-off because stupid decision from higher management without looking who cares of AECOM and who is not.

November 29, 2012

Kindly correct your grammar before posting any comments. BTW, your comments are absurd and wrong.

Awesome company to work for.
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), CAMBRIDGDE,September 17, 2012
Pros: there was the the challenges that came with a very diverse workload.
Cons: i was managed by someone twenty years older than me! he was brilliant but did not have experience.
I carried a mental diary of important meetings coming in the working week. I planned my whole week on Saturday in case I needed to travel on Sunday to be a a meeting venue far from the office (80 miles) on Monday morning.
Typical day started with checking emails, briefing junior engineers and draughtspersons. During the day I would attend to various – more... FRIs that came in the form of phone calls or e-mails. Brisk walk to sandwich shop with mates,and sometimes during this time a client would call I would still take the call on mobile. I can not tell anyone to call back after lunch. Sometimes I wolud visit sites early in the day and settle down in the office mid-morning. No days are the same. – less
Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee), C30May 20, 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that – more... you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work. – less
Intermediate managers
Draft designer (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 3, 2012
Their intermediate managers in facility department need to be more educated.
Great opportunities
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2014
They will throw you in the deep end. I recommend it for new graduates.
great company to work for,
Safety Supervisor (Current Employee), Baytown, TXNovember 14, 2014
Pros: good benefits, good management.
A Normal day working for the company are very smooth and profesional. great place to work for.
Good
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), HeratNovember 13, 2014
I have already provided review for this company and do not have time to write more.
Horrible Company
CH-47 Phase Maintenance (Former Employee), AfghanistanNovember 12, 2014
Cons: everything
Did not take care of its people. Worst company I have ever dealt with
Very bad pay and largely ignore workers
Technician (Current Employee), Newcastle upon Tyne, ENGNovember 5, 2014
As laid back as the office can be AECOM pay employees very poorly and largely forget about employees needs.
Defense Contracting
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 4, 2014
Support US troops while earning some $$$. You will have to be based overseas.
aecom
Utility Cleaner (Current Employee), Falls Church, VANovember 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
aecom is a great contracting company i enjoy working for them
Poor management
Transportation Planner (Current Employee), Fort Worth,TXOctober 30, 2014
Cons: healthcare
I do not feel comfortable writing a review for a company that I am employed at while I am seeking employment some where else.
Fortune 500 company,great learning experience
Student Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee), Durban, ZNOctober 30, 2014
Pros: exposure and growth, end of the year function
Cons: wish my 4 month contract to be renewed
I really was impressed by the staff,they are soooo professional and willing to help,their commitment,and passion for the company.Aecom is a great brand and I tell my family and friends that it is a company I thought only existed in my dreams and I was amazed being there.There are alot of opportunities to grow and I love that management emphasizes education – more... and they are motivators as well and everyone treats each person with deep respect.

I had to work in assisting with measurements,linking BOQ estimates,site meeting ,assisting with tender adjudication,there is alot but it was a challenge to juggle many things in one time but I greatful I tried my best to meet those tasks and challenges. – less
Electrical Design Engineer / Street Lighting (Birmingham Office)
Grade 6 Engineer (Electrical / Street Ligting ) (Former Employee), BirminghamOctober 29, 2014
Pros: free fruits every day and sometimes cakes provided by workers, company social events, clean office, interresting projects, very good and helfull co-workers.
Cons: managers can do whatever they want with you, hr ignores your defending even if you can prove..
Generally company has good reputation over the world.

I am not sure how work looks in the other departments but I'd like to be careful before consideration of joining to Street Lighting team especially in Birmingham Office. All team is based in Croydon Office (London). I was first person working from Birmingham office and would never work again in – more... there. I have been managed by two line managers (one from Birmingham and another from London) who have been asking and requesting different things to do to. I have been 12 hours out of home nearly every day plus had to spent additional time working from home to meet deadline. There was no time for kids and wife. Working hours was 40 per week as in agreement but usually taken 50 (excluding home traveling) and never be paid for extra hours spent at home. It is very upsetting when you ask both managers for new work order number and receive after one week. Then you are asked what else have you done. The co-workers from Birmingham and London are very helpful, and knowledgeable, you can get a lot of new experience by working with them. Probably 90% of them are foreign like me.
My advice is to ask first how many Line managers you will have on job interview and who will be registered in the system. I wanted to change for the one from London but have been told that Birmingham office policy is that nobody can be managed form different office (what is not a true). Don't let yourself having line manager who hasn't any clue about your profession.

Again, the salary is decent but the hours you can extra overspent in other company could be more beneficial for you and your family.

This is only my true scenario and my experience that I have gained from AECOM within this short working time.

I strongly advise to reflect well before making decision especially if you have well build your career for a years. – less
Lots of work, bad management
Carpenter (Former Employee), Langley, VAOctober 28, 2014
Always had a lot of work to complete but the management wasn't very attentive to the workers and often lied about things getting messed up so that they didn't get in trouble.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more