AECOM Employee Reviews

typical large company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB3 May 2017
I am not willing to post anything here about how I feel about AECOM I am just trying to meet the 150 character minimum. I don't feel comfortable leaving a comment here
Pros
Cons
Take advantage of people with strong work ethics
At times it's a great place
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB29 April 2017
In my experience it was a great place to work as an HVAC Mechanic for almost two years . The site is extremely clean and safe .We had a hand selected crew of top guys ..over night our wages were cut almost 20g annually so the company could get the new contract ...however at that time we were being paid about 12 dollars less than competition with all incentives lost ...they are working with what they have but for me it was hard to see a bright future here ....there is lots of room for advancement if you like titles and don't care about salary due to extremely high turn over .we were on site almost 14 hours a day and get paid for 11.5 straight time at 42 an hour .no paid lunch ,
Pros
Flights paid from Calgary or Edmonton, Decent camp acomadations, 10/10 shift, very safe
Cons
High turn over, Un paid lunch, no over time pay, Poor structure, very poor pay, treated as a number
Awful company
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB19 April 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for, poorly managed, disorganized and they are not forthcoming about what to expect. They just try and get you out there. High turnover they don't care about their employees whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
Terrible environment, terrible management
Family feeling
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 April 2017
The days were a bit slow and there wasn't always enough to fill 8 hours. The people were awesome and everyone felt like a big family. The work culture was very relaxed but when there was work to be done it was everyone's focus.
Great people to work with
Parts / Inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB/Fort MacMurry/Joffre11 April 2017
I have worked steady for 6 years there has been some up and down but for the most parts it is a good company to work for made some really great friends and learned and still learning the trades
Good colleagues
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 April 2017
Great colleagues, but your work never went appreciated. Although you held the same position as others in the firm, you were not paid the same, even when you did more work than the others that had the same job title as you. More like a boys club when it came to salary. Things may have changed since I worked there, but most people moved on to bigger and better things. Very micromanaged after the change over from UMA Engineering.
Pros
Close proximity to home, ability to work out of town if desired.
Cons
Poor job satisfaction, pay scale dramatically influenced by "buddy" club, micro managed at times
AECOM is just like any other company
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2017
This company is just like any other companies out there - struggling, but still floating and is trying to make waves.

And just like any other business out there in this challenging times, this company goes through a lot of transitional phases brought about by the decisions of the head honchos to keep the company survive and competive in the market.

Of course, there are good and bad decisions but at the end of the day, an employee SHOULD REALIZE that everyone is JUST a number to the company's books and that he or she should:
1. Improve his or her craft in whatever department, field, or group he or she is working in;
2. Learn and get the most knowledge he or she can get from his or her job;
3. Take care of his or her own career;
4. Cherish the people you work with no matter how seemingly outlandish they are to you

With all the retrenchments and axing out of people that are happening, you would not be surprised that today you are axed out and tomorrow, the people who axed you out will also be axed out. It's that vicious cycle...
Pros
Co-workers, Open office
Cons
Salary, Employee Benefits, Management
Transportation Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
I have worked at Aecom since 2009 while attending school at both Red River College and the University of Manitoba and have enjoyed my time immensely.

However, I did graduate from the UofM in 2013 and feel that it is now to move on to new and exciting adventures.

Here is hoping I did not wait to long.
Pros
Great community of people
Cons
Sometimes less then desirable work locations
Good people, decent pay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB27 March 2017
Worked with good people who knew how to do their jobs well and safely. Had a decent foreman who helped when needed. Got along with co-workers who were always willing to lend a hand. The workplace culture is very safety orientated and safety conscious. Field Level Hazard Assessments are done daily to identify and mitigate hazards.
Pros
Paid every Friday, transportation provided.
Cons
Not applicable
Great camp and travel plan
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 March 2017
Worked on and off with this comapny since it was flint never really a complaint about them, Look forward to working more projects with this company in the future.

Want to know more about AECOM?

Ask a question
all good
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Waterton Park, AB22 March 2017
i have spent many years working for Flint\URS\Aecom throughout my career and i have found they have overall been a great company to work for\with. they were very flexible when it came to family, schooling, and holidays. they recognized and awarded workers for their skills and achievements. glad to have been part of this team
Overall is OK
Cost Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2017
Project based job with support from management.
Learned how to work with project managers and contractors
workplace is fast paced
the most enjoyable part of the job is you can see how much you help ed the client saved
benefit is about average
Pros
good benefit
Horrible
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB9 March 2017
Watch your back!!! A lot of shady dealings go on. If the higher ups ever went to our shop and seen what was going on they would flip out!! The shop foreman would not stick up for his mechanics
Decent office with untapped potential
Structural EIT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
A well established work space but a need to have a stronger community within it.
Management were quite distant at times, and not always there to offer guidance.
The hardest part was trying to move forward with an inexperienced team, and constantly hitting brick walls.
I met some really decent people in this company, and came away with an appreciation of Transmission and Distribution sector.
Pros
Organized sporting events
Cons
Remote location in Burnaby; office space not integrated
not sure how this commpany will survive in the future
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary7 March 2017
bad management.
been with this company for many years and let go recently; my department manager or the topper leaders were changed 4 or 5 times in about10 years.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Workplace environment is great
Senior JD Edwards Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
The team of people I work with are a group of very dedicated and knowledgable people alway available to leand a hand to help you out and talk with.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Open workspace office environment
Alright place to work, depending on management
Steamfitter/Pipefitter , Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
Most management works with employees, good safety attitude. Would be better if the company could keep employees more busy
Pros
Good wages
Cons
No steady work
interesting to learn shutdown work
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2017
it has been a good place to work so far. learning about on site maintainance. only bad part is the travel to camps. good team workers
Pros
have work
Cons
none so far
Great Management and staff
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 February 2017
Always treated well and was a very friendly team orientated work atmosphere. Would continue to work for them if there wasn't a shortage of work. Great learning environment for starting out in the trade.
Challenging and Fast Paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 January 2017
While working for Aecom I was challenged in every aspect of my day. When tasks were mastered, there was always something more to do to challenge and grow my skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.