AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good company
CAD Coordinator / Senior Technician (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 18, 2013
worked with all departments within the facilities group. good people to work with.
Friendly and quiet
Summer student (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: lots of engineering experience
Cons: no benefits
Head to work every monday to friday morning, work at a desk on a computer where I would make revisions to drawings, and sometimes I would print or scan drawings. After an 8 hour shift I would be done. I learned a lot about the work that goes behind every building, road, etc. My managers were very friendly, along with all of my coworkers. There was no tough part of the job, it was relatively simple. The most enjoyable part was learning all of the different aspects to the design that goes into each building.
Very intelligent company
Road Design Technologist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2013
Wide variety of knowledge and experience. Very smart supervisors that ensure you obtain and carry out everything you have been taught in school and at the workplace.
Terrible company
Biologist (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: some of the other staff were good people
Cons: everything
This company has no clue how to treat their employees. False job advertising; they advertize their positions to attract good people, but you end up doing a lower level job that you didn't apply to. When you have questions or concerns about your job you get stabbed in the back and treated like garbage. I found management to be inexperienced and inadequate to handle workloads, staff, budgets and projects. No job security with high stress among staff and employees who feared of losing their job.
poor management company
Designer (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free chatting in work hours
Cons: hard work is not appreciated. no fairness. job is not secured.
Not recommended work place. Poor management and company culture. Hard work not rewarded. Performance is purly based on manager's personal preference..... No fairness.

February 3, 2013

Very poorly managed company with absolutely no regard for their employees. Managers are not people oriented. High turn over rate with staff getting fired or quickly leaving to find better employment.

productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
Cons: at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time.
great
Project Manager Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2012
Pros: staff, work life balance
Cons: temporary
A typical day at work was all administrative work. I got to use my Microsoft skills
Bad old management and destructive decisions maker
Former engineer and project manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Pros: payroll on time
Cons: not friendly environment and tension in most of offices
higher and intermidiate managers take old school management decisions and distruct the company structure, the result is the employees don't trust the company and the managers. Some employees brought millions of dollars to AECOM, but the got laid-off because stupid decision from higher management without looking who cares of AECOM and who is not.

November 29, 2012

Kindly correct your grammar before posting any comments. BTW, your comments are absurd and wrong.

Awesome company to work for.
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), CAMBRIDGDE,September 17, 2012
Pros: there was the the challenges that came with a very diverse workload.
Cons: i was managed by someone twenty years older than me! he was brilliant but did not have experience.
I carried a mental diary of important meetings coming in the working week. I planned my whole week on Saturday in case I needed to travel on Sunday to be a a meeting venue far from the office (80 miles) on Monday morning.
Typical day started with checking emails, briefing junior engineers and draughtspersons. During the day I would attend to various FRIs that came in the form of phone calls or e-mails. Brisk walk to sandwich shop with mates,and sometimes during this time a client would call I would still take the call on mobile. I can not tell anyone to call back after lunch. Sometimes I wolud visit sites early in the day and settle down in the office mid-morning. No days are the same.
Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee), C30May 20, 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work.
Intermediate managers
Draft designer (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 3, 2012
Their intermediate managers in facility department need to be more educated.
army support company
Safety Coordinator Lead (Former Employee), PARJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free wifi, food
Cons: 8hours
safety inspection, accident investigation,risk assessment,inventory,msds,site assesment,sop,pop,reporting,training to the employees
Great
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 22, 2015
Great place to work, with job/life balance. Good benefits, and job security.
GReat working culture
Safety Manager/ Senior Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Charleston , SCJanuary 21, 2015
All the aspect of working for AECOM cultivate me as a person at work and it translated itself into my home as well.
Feast or famine business
Legal Assistant / Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Oakland, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: very good benefits, honor-system
Cons: no holiday from new year's day until memorial day.
I worked for one of my bosses for 17 years. We were a well-oiled machine - great team! I worked for another boss for 4 years. We were a good team, working to become a great team. I like working here. I like what I do. There are some great people here. My reason for job-seeking is job security is uncertain. My favorite thing is getting employees excited about playing pingpong during lunch!
working with the army
Team Coordinator (Former Employee), PARJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: lack of experienced personal
enjoyed my job however the company seemed a lil out of its enviornment. it did improve over time
Good Company, Better Management
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: benefits
The Management has been the best I've seen in a while. Made work a lot more manageable
A good NGO
Environmental Specialist Intern (Former Employee), 上海市, C23January 9, 2015
Actually dont really know a lot about working in it.. We just cooperated in a small project..
Great company and people
Safety Servie Patroller (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 6, 2015
Cons: felt small "piece of the pie" amongst such a large organization
Nothing much different from AKIMA. Was a Safety Service Patroller with AECOM also.
Company was on "top of things" when it came to pay issues and such.
Fun and energetic diverse young staff
Associate Director Urban Designer (Former Employee), C30December 30, 2014
Its a great place to work and explore new ideas with colleague and principals. Very engaging team of designers, planners, and team of internal consultants.

About AECOM

With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction – Read more