AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly and quiet
Summer student (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: lots of engineering experience
Cons: no benefits
Head to work every monday to friday morning, work at a desk on a computer where I would make revisions to drawings, and sometimes I would print or scan drawings. After an 8 hour shift I would be done. I learned a lot about the work that goes behind every building, road, etc. My managers were very friendly, along with all of my coworkers. There was no – more... tough part of the job, it was relatively simple. The most enjoyable part was learning all of the different aspects to the design that goes into each building. – less
Very intelligent company
Road Design Technologist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2013
Wide variety of knowledge and experience. Very smart supervisors that ensure you obtain and carry out everything you have been taught in school and at the workplace.
Terrible company
Biologist (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: some of the other staff were good people
Cons: everything
This company has no clue how to treat their employees. False job advertising; they advertize their positions to attract good people, but you end up doing a lower level job that you didn't apply to. When you have questions or concerns about your job you get stabbed in the back and treated like garbage. I found management to be inexperienced and inadequate – more... to handle workloads, staff, budgets and projects. No job security with high stress among staff and employees who feared of losing their job. – less
poor management company
Designer (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free chatting in work hours
Cons: hard work is not appreciated. no fairness. job is not secured.
Not recommended work place. Poor management and company culture. Hard work not rewarded. Performance is purly based on manager's personal preference..... No fairness.

February 3, 2013

Very poorly managed company with absolutely no regard for their employees. Managers are not people oriented. High turn over rate with staff getting fired or quickly leaving to find better employment.

productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
Cons: at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is – more... to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time. – less
great
Project Manager Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2012
Pros: staff, work life balance
Cons: temporary
A typical day at work was all administrative work. I got to use my Microsoft skills
Bad old management and destructive decisions maker
Former engineer and project manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Pros: payroll on time
Cons: not friendly environment and tension in most of offices
higher and intermidiate managers take old school management decisions and distruct the company structure, the result is the employees don't trust the company and the managers. Some employees brought millions of dollars to AECOM, but the got laid-off because stupid decision from higher management without looking who cares of AECOM and who is not.

November 29, 2012

Kindly correct your grammar before posting any comments. BTW, your comments are absurd and wrong.

Awesome company to work for.
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), CAMBRIDGDE,September 17, 2012
Pros: there was the the challenges that came with a very diverse workload.
Cons: i was managed by someone twenty years older than me! he was brilliant but did not have experience.
I carried a mental diary of important meetings coming in the working week. I planned my whole week on Saturday in case I needed to travel on Sunday to be a a meeting venue far from the office (80 miles) on Monday morning.
Typical day started with checking emails, briefing junior engineers and draughtspersons. During the day I would attend to various – more... FRIs that came in the form of phone calls or e-mails. Brisk walk to sandwich shop with mates,and sometimes during this time a client would call I would still take the call on mobile. I can not tell anyone to call back after lunch. Sometimes I wolud visit sites early in the day and settle down in the office mid-morning. No days are the same. – less
Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee), C30May 20, 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that – more... you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work. – less
Intermediate managers
Draft designer (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 3, 2012
Their intermediate managers in facility department need to be more educated.
Structural engineer (Former Employee), Hong Kong, HKIDecember 17, 2014
Good management.
Good co-worker.
Enjoyable project.
Holidays.
Great management great place, great benfits . good team work
Field Service Representative (Former Employee), FT Worth, TexasDecember 17, 2014
Responsible for the troubleshooting , repairs and inspection of electronic communication prior to issue to the assigned units. Also responsible accountable updated of all tactical electronic radio and night vision equipment prior and after units deployed. Received eight accommodation.
Professional and productive work place with cool NYC views
Document Control Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 17, 2014
I'm honored to work with a supportive team of employees who are helpful, great listeners and willing to resolve any matters while we continue to build our clientele and achieve our goal in bringing the projects into completion successfully.

As a document control coordinator, it's integral for all documents, paper or electronic files, are accounted – more... for by coding and filing accordingly. And it's a great feeling knowing when the company's clients are impressed with the organized filing system. It shows the company care about the manageability and to retrieve any documents for fellow employees working on a project or for a client at all times. – less
Good
Administrator (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee), Manchester, ENGDecember 17, 2014
I only worked here for two months therefore I don't have anyfeed back
Benefits
Library Technician (Former Employee), Fort Polk, LADecember 15, 2014
Great company! AECOM knows how to treat their employees by offering us great benefits. Aecom is also family oriented. I miss the christmas parties. Aecom gave me knowledge on my job and always kept me trained for the latest job task.
Nice Envoirment
Subcontracts & Grants Officer (Former Employee), Kabul, AfghanistanDecember 5, 2014
it was nice working with this company in Afghanistan, I had joined a team of proffisionals
Worked in several combat zones supporting the armed forces missions.
Logistics Coordinator/Afghanistan (Former Employee), AfghanistanDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: long times away from family in a hellish enviroment.
Loved the challenges of everyday life while supporting all logistical needs of the military.
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Austin, TXDecember 1, 2014
I have enjoyed my time at Aecom. I have continued my professional growth.
Rewarding Company
Supply Lead (Current Employee), Bagram AfghanistanDecember 1, 2014
Pros: being part of a company that supports customers and their needs
Cons: none to be aware of.
This company is full of rewards and advancement. It is a customer service based company that takes pride in ensuring that the customer is happy and satisfied at the end of the day. Wonderful company to learn and grow with. The people are very professional and take time to listen to other's advice and ideas to make work more effective. The challenge – more... of the job is the location, but the most enjoyable part of this job and company is that it is full of rewards and advancements for employees to reach their full knowledge of their professional skill sets. – less
no vision, no culture, just buy the competiton
engineer (Former Employee), to many locationsNovember 25, 2014
Pros: short logo name to remember
Cons: morons at the top
Management has no idea of the skills of their staff. I think that is because management has no idea how to manage anything. I have noticed that if you are a good ash kisser you can climb your way up.
this company is a Joke. I am glad I found something else.
if you get hired here, the first thing you will notice is that you know more then your boss and – more... now you get to do his/her job. buy you wont get promoted :)
. – less

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more