AECOM Employee Reviews in Canada

Policy and procedure
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABApril 8, 2016
Excellent Company , many policies and procedures which have proven effective. Aecom really cares about its workers and safety in the workplace.
Lacks integrity
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SKOctober 6, 2015
Speaking from the Saskatchewan area only. If you are an electrician looking for a job and not a career that's all aecom is. Forget about your future the project managers walk all over you. Basically a company where the field worker is treated like the lowest form on the earth. Managers forget that field are the ones that bring the money to their pocket. I suggest you keep looking for work and keep aecom away from electrical all together. They are ruining our rights as electricians.
productive and fun
Intermediate Insulation Estimator/Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 25, 2016
professional atmosphere with high expectations regarding your own work. Fair and fun place to work on a day to day basis.
AECOM
Project Controls Assistant (Current Employee) –  ManitobaSeptember 28, 2015
I have appreciated my time with the company AECOM.
I received many raises throughout my time with the company as recognition for my hard work and dedication which highly motivated me to strive for higher results.
When I received my promotion into the Project Controls Assistant I began advancing my skills and the management on site was very supportive and compassionate.
Pros
On the job training and recognition for hard work
Cons
Job security upon project completion
Not Great
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
Not Great. No overtime paid. Bad communication. Forcing systems to work before they are ready. 12 hour days without being paid.
Large Company
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Good client list with opportunity to work on diverse projects across the globe. Good learning experience and work-life balance.
Good company to work for
loader operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 21, 2015
Its been many years with the same company. They always took good care of their employees. My co workers treat another with respect. I have learnd many different types of skills over the years
work well with others learns quickly
safety supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SKNovember 9, 2015
works well with others and willing to learn new things well knowledge in computers I worked on all the safety monitors and air equipment managed staff to get the workers go out on the jobs site to supply air for the workers
Amazing Boss, Great Team
Corporate Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2015
While working at URS I had an amazing boss and the team I worked with was like a little family. Everyone was ready and willing to support eachother. Unfortunately after being with the company for over four years I made the decision to leave the role I was in for better compensation.
Pros
Travel
Cons
lack of work life balance and low compensation
great co-workers
4 th year electrician (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 4, 2016
good foremans always willing to help out in getting missing info. or finding a better way to accomplish task. willing to teach
decent
Journeyman Electrician/lead hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABDecember 30, 2015
good to work for keeps you going. large company and many opportunities many people doing good things for many peoples large areas of work over north america
A fun work place to be in.
AutoCAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 19, 2015
I have learned a lot about drafting and AutoCAD while working at AECOM. Very friendly colleagues and the project manager helped me through out the projects.
Pros
Lunch was payed by the company.
Cons
Long hours.
What I learned.
Procurement Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABSeptember 17, 2015
I was able to learn the start of being a Procurement Buyer. Dealing with vendors on a daily basis - looking for the best price and availability of materials. Communicating with the people in the field to ensure that they were getting the correct materials in a timely manner.
Pros
Dealing with Vendors
Cons
uncooperative people
great group of people to work with
Tool Crib Operator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABNovember 17, 2015
Management strives to work with employees by providing ongoing training to keep workers abreast of newest policies on safety management to assist workers in their daily work schedule.
Good company to work with and advance your career with
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABAugust 30, 2015
A typical day begins at 5:00 am and ends around 6:00 pm. Through my 4.5 years experience with URS, I have developed my construction knowledge as well as learned how to deal with various types of people from co-workers, construction management and Clients and their representatives. The hardest part of this job was the amount of travel and the remoteness of the job site (Northern Alberta) and I spent entirely too much time away from home and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job with URS was the ever changing face of the job as we progressed through the project. Every new challenge taught me more construction practises and solutions to various construction issues that arose.
Pros
Great compensation, good benefits, rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, excessive travel involved
Good Team Atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABOctober 23, 2015
Need more communication between business units and districts. A lot of juggling personnel around the offices.
A lot of unnecessary employees holding positions that should be eliminated for budget enhancement on projects.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Low LOA rates
Strong culture but lack in industry
HR Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 23, 2015
Aecom was a fairly good company to work for. I learned a lot in my time there but they do pay less than you should deserve. The people are great but the upper management is very segmented.
excellent company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABOctober 21, 2015
Great management team to work with no pressure and lots of encouragement and praise - the best times were here when it was URS but changes came with AECOM
Pros
Great working atmosphere with co-workers and Management
Cons
none to mention
Great crew
Insultor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABOctober 15, 2015
Work just ran out. simply wish I can still work there. Everyone that I worked with was my friend by the time I was let go. Everyday was a good day to get up and go to work. Love the fact that they had drivers and company vehicles. Would love to work for AECOM again!!!
Fast paced work environment
TECHNICAL WRITER - SIMANDOU RAIL PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
AECOM is a great place to work. The pay is great and there is not much down time once you are on a project. The difficult part is when you have to locate new projects to work on once a project finishes.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Project based work