AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Terrible company
Biologist (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: some of the other staff were good people
Cons: everything
This company has no clue how to treat their employees. False job advertising; they advertize their positions to attract good people, but you end up doing a lower level job that you didn't apply to. When you have questions or concerns about your job you get stabbed in the back and treated like garbage. I found management to be inexperienced and inadequate – more... to handle workloads, staff, budgets and projects. No job security with high stress among staff and employees who feared of losing their job. – less
poor management company
Designer (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free chatting in work hours
Cons: hard work is not appreciated. no fairness. job is not secured.
Not recommended work place. Poor management and company culture. Hard work not rewarded. Performance is purly based on manager's personal preference..... No fairness.

February 3, 2013

Very poorly managed company with absolutely no regard for their employees. Managers are not people oriented. High turn over rate with staff getting fired or quickly leaving to find better employment.

productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
Cons: at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is – more... to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time. – less
great
Project Manager Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2012
Pros: staff, work life balance
Cons: temporary
A typical day at work was all administrative work. I got to use my Microsoft skills
Bad old management and destructive decisions maker
Former engineer and project manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Pros: payroll on time
Cons: not friendly environment and tension in most of offices
higher and intermidiate managers take old school management decisions and distruct the company structure, the result is the employees don't trust the company and the managers. Some employees brought millions of dollars to AECOM, but the got laid-off because stupid decision from higher management without looking who cares of AECOM and who is not.

November 29, 2012

Kindly correct your grammar before posting any comments. BTW, your comments are absurd and wrong.

Awesome company to work for.
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), CAMBRIDGDE,September 17, 2012
Pros: there was the the challenges that came with a very diverse workload.
Cons: i was managed by someone twenty years older than me! he was brilliant but did not have experience.
I carried a mental diary of important meetings coming in the working week. I planned my whole week on Saturday in case I needed to travel on Sunday to be a a meeting venue far from the office (80 miles) on Monday morning.
Typical day started with checking emails, briefing junior engineers and draughtspersons. During the day I would attend to various – more... FRIs that came in the form of phone calls or e-mails. Brisk walk to sandwich shop with mates,and sometimes during this time a client would call I would still take the call on mobile. I can not tell anyone to call back after lunch. Sometimes I wolud visit sites early in the day and settle down in the office mid-morning. No days are the same. – less
Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee), C30May 20, 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that – more... you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work. – less
Intermediate managers
Draft designer (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 3, 2012
Their intermediate managers in facility department need to be more educated.
AECOM is one of the best consultanta organisation in the world
Assistant Resident Engineer (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZOctober 18, 2014
I enjoyed while working with AECOM, and i learnt a lot of skills related to my field
Working with AECOM
Engineer-II (Former Employee), Noida, UPOctober 14, 2014
Pros: opportunity to work on excellent projects
Cons: lack of career progression and disparity on employee benefits at various offices
Working at AECOM was great experience working on some the biggest projects in Middle East, Singapore and India.
My work involved providing schematic and detail design of HVAC systems of the projects. The successful and timely delivery of the projects under rigorous time schedules required lot of interaction with colleagues in Middle East, Singapore – more... and other countries based on the project location.
The opportunity to work along side a diversified team across various geographies is something that enabled me to improve on my technical skills and thereby improve on my contributions and solutions to the project. – less
AECOM
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Kuwait/AfghanistanOctober 13, 2014
Pros: always fixing things
Cons: long work weeks and being away from family
I worked a seven day week which included 12 hour days. I enjoyed the work and the job itself. I take pride and joy in fixing anything. I loved working on my feet. I worked with some wonderful and very well experienced people. The most difficult part of the job would be the consistent 12 hour day seven day work week. Over time it would become exhausting. – more... This job was overseas so I always missed home. Overall the experience was an enjoyable one. – less
Very very good work environment
Revit and CAD Designer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZOctober 13, 2014
Pros: no presuure, respect, timely payments
Cons: too far away from home
A typical day at work was normal coming in at 8:30 gretting all my colleagues and getting busy with the work overall work environment is pretty good in AECOM as always
It was originally a USA-based building consulting company and listed in the New York stock exchange but lost its American management style.
Associate Director (Former Employee), Down town and BedokOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free fruits once every month
Cons: the manpower shortages; managing razor-thin project; the need to answer for budget-burst projects.
Building construction consultancy firm s used to be held in high regards in the 80s and 90s. They command fees in the region of 12 to 18% of the construction contract sum.
Unfortunately, it has eroded to as low as 0.1% for large contracts. This price bashing phenomena has pushed consultancy firms to cut cost and to force engineers to undertake multi – more... projects in order to be viable. The time allotted to each building project is heavily eroded and mistakes started to surface. Developers continues to reap in fantastic revenue due to booming real estate sales, driven by the rich Chinese from mainland and surrounding Asian countries.
Typically, the day started off with the Hong Kong boss browsing through the previous day's or week's meeting minutes. Items are singled out, especially the arduous task of detailed drawings/ plans that require drawing drafting personnel to complete. It can reach up to 50 to 60 sheets of AO size drawings, populated with lines and legends. M&E services typically comprised of air-con; mechanical ventilation; electrical; fire protection system; security system; lift/ elevators; plumbing and sanitary system; building automation system; green mark; refuse collection system and car parking system - a good 12 different services and all must be coordinated and interfaced to enable the entire development M&E system functions at its optimum.
Assuming that you have 30 sheets of drawings per service, this will translate to 360 sheets of drawings for checking. You can expect to send the same drawings for at least 3 checks - more than 1,000 sheets of drawings and there are only 3 engineers to help you to collect feedback and comments. Other activities include 3 meetings to attend every week - site meeting; M&E coordination meeting and combined services meeting. Meetings with various M&E services subcontractors and safety meeting etc.
There is simply not enough time for one project, much less to handle 3 projects at any one time!!!
Time management is extremely important and do not expect to knock off on time. Be prepared to put in another 3 to 4 hours every day on over-time work - with no extra pay!!!
Need to sweet-talk and motivate your subordinates in order to get things done on time and never over-promise the client, always buy time so that other projects can be addressed when crisis sets in.
Happiest moments are when the plans/ drawings are approved by authorities and rolled onto site for construction.
Site problems/ encumbrances by other services can be nightmares. Answerable to top management on budget burst and accepting project with zero profit. – less
Worth working sphere with multi international company
ARE ( Survey) (Current Employee), Sungai Buloh, M10October 10, 2014
Well blend staff which have the experience and handling the project
a very good and safe work environment
Quality Control Wheel Technical Inspector (Former Employee), kandahar, AfghanisanOctober 9, 2014
working in a safe working environment is very helpful to do you job.
Productive and professional.
Associate Principal Engineer (Current Employee), Abu Dhabi, AZOctober 9, 2014
Good Company, Great Projects.. And good team.. All disciplines design team is available..
Productive and never a dull moment
Property Accountability Specialist (Former Employee), Kandahar, AfghanistanOctober 7, 2014
Pros: vacation every 4 months
Cons: supplies not provided to personnel in a timely manner to perform duties
AECOM was a good company to work for but there was a high turn over rate in upper management that left subordinates in limbo. Promotions were based on the buddy system and not on merit. Human Resources needed better training in handling Employee Relations issues and learn skills on how not to disclose confidential information.
great company
Security Training Officer (Former Employee), Kandahar,AfghanistanOctober 7, 2014
learned alot and it helped me in my on going career.
the management of the company was always looking out for the personell
Good Company
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & SALES (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLOctober 7, 2014
AECOM was a good company to work for, but tried a business that they chose to exit after one year.
Managing remote site
Atmospherics Manager (Afghanistan) (Former Employee), Springfield, VAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: international community
Cons: lliving condidtions
Working directly with Italian forces was educational. Long hours no problem.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more