AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Bad old management and destructive decisions maker
Former engineer and project manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Pros: payroll on time
Cons: not friendly environment and tension in most of offices
higher and intermidiate managers take old school management decisions and distruct the company structure, the result is the employees don't trust the company and the managers. Some employees brought millions of dollars to AECOM, but the got laid-off because stupid decision from higher management without looking who cares of AECOM and who is not.

AECOMSupporter – November 29, 2012

Kindly correct your grammar before posting any comments. BTW, your comments are absurd and wrong.

Work in a large corporation environment
Associate VP of NE Architecture (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2012
Pros: financial power
Cons: high load of paperwork for project managers
1. Typical work day starts at 8:30 AM and ends at 5:30 PM. Overtime is often required due to work load.
2. I learned and became familiar with the work environment within a large corporation as opposed to smaller firms.
3. There were several layers of management with full technical and financial responsibility at the Project Manager level.
4. My former – more... co-workers were like the ones in every other architectural company: some enthusiastic and some less enthusiastics.
5. The hardest part of my job was to bring in new clients and respective work for my studio.
6. The most enjoiable part of the job was to see my projects completed and constructed. – less
Awesome company to work for.
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), CAMBRIDGDE,September 17, 2012
Pros: there was the the challenges that came with a very diverse workload.
Cons: i was managed by someone twenty years older than me! he was brilliant but did not have experience.
I carried a mental diary of important meetings coming in the working week. I planned my whole week on Saturday in case I needed to travel on Sunday to be a a meeting venue far from the office (80 miles) on Monday morning.
Typical day started with checking emails, briefing junior engineers and draughtspersons. During the day I would attend to various – more... FRIs that came in the form of phone calls or e-mails. Brisk walk to sandwich shop with mates,and sometimes during this time a client would call I would still take the call on mobile. I can not tell anyone to call back after lunch. Sometimes I wolud visit sites early in the day and settle down in the office mid-morning. No days are the same. – less
AECOM as a company
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaJuly 23, 2012
Pros: salaries are sent earlier as required
since AECOM is a multi-national company the employees at the office were very supportive in whatever aspects. most of the hired employees are supplied as a supply manpower to Saudi Aramco, the number one producer of oil in the world.

Maximino – August 20, 2012

I completed a huge project overseas,now I dont have job because they dont bother to relocate aecom staff to other project. Its better for them to hire new one with connection inside. I sent so many application to different aecom location but havent receive any call. In the meantime, lots of job opening that is suitable to my experience. Im still here without job for two years now. Whats going on with Aecom HR ?

YsYsYs – July 5, 2013

Could not agree with you more I am in the same situation

Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee), C30May 20, 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that – more... you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work. – less
Intermediate managers
Draft designer (Former Employee), Markham, ONMay 3, 2012
Their intermediate managers in facility department need to be more educated.
Never Again
F/A-18 Airframes Master Mechanic (Former Employee), China Lake, CAJuly 30, 2014
Quick to terminate you for any little mistake you have ever made. Benefits were good and pay is good thanks to the union who will not protect you during you possible termination.
Interesting opportunities
Architect (Current Employee), C30July 28, 2014
Pros: interesting projects
Cons: salary and bonus
Great office environment, interesting projects involving many disciplines. Opportunity to learn from other professionals.

Salary could be better, but the kind of projects where you can participate are not possible in other kind of companies.
Diverse and
SAMS-E Operator/Dispatcher (Current Employee), Kandahar, AfghanistanJuly 26, 2014
Pros: the pay, free lunches, free living quarters
Cons: long hours, every day 12 hours a day
A typical day at work:
First updating reports. Usually dispatches will show up in the morning time. Most of my work requires SAMS-E and Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excell, Powerpoint). Depending on the amount of vehicles dispatched and Services. After i received my SAMS training from the company I was promoted into this position and I have been able to – more... use the knowledge at my job now. The work is not just specificaly at my desk, we work hand in hand with the mechanics and the Supply Warehouse. I have a great team, which here I work with different Nationalities. I find that very interesting, I get to learn about their countries and lifes. Since I am currently in Afghanistan my workhours consume the most part of the day. My Supervisor and Manager are great. The not so enjoyable part of the job is the hours and no days off. – less
Typing - everyday was different
Back Up Receptionist (Former Employee), Newmarket, NJuly 25, 2014
Only two of us in the Central Publishing Bureau department consists of 300 staff. It is now called AECOM where during my employment it was called "Meritec". An engineering consultants where they bid for big jobs throughout the world, and my job was to collate and typing their proposas with the deadline. Organisational skills comes in to play and prioritising – more... can be a deman. I enjoyed it most because I learnt the engineering jargon. – less
Multinational Company
Assistant Construction Manager (Current Employee), Kemaman, M11July 24, 2014
Pros: good multinational culture
Cons: salary given
5 working days per week.

I have learned a lot of knowledge and practice real multinational company system. Manage project efficiently and well planned.

Good management skill and keep company moving forward.

My co-workers mostly achieve high standard and talented.

Hardest part of the job, when Contractor unable to support their own financial. We – more... need to support them and advice in perfect way.

Most enjoyable part is when project completed during planned duration without any extra cost. – less
Productive and flexible
Senior Hydraulic modeller and Flood Risk Advisor (Current Employee), Birmingham, ENGJuly 16, 2014
Productive and flexible with possible room for upward movement.
Aircraft Mechanic III/Technical Inspector (Former Employee), AfghanistanJuly 13, 2014
great place and company to work for enjoyed my time with the Company
Poor managemant
Audio/Technician (Former Employee), Vienna VAJuly 12, 2014
Pros: good befinets
Cons: good heath care
Had favorites and didn't treat everyone the same... Had good heath plans and ever 6 months everyone got bouns
WORK AS STRUCTURE DESIGN ENGINEER ( CIVIL )
Engineer-I (Current Employee), GurgaonJune 20, 2014
this is core company for working as structure design engineer (civil). i learn here how to work and design of all parts of structure like pile cap, pile , column , beam and preparing the staad model of metro station.
Worst EVER
H60 Unscheduled Team Member (Former Employee), Bagram, AfghanistanJune 18, 2014
Pros: night shift
Cons: eveything about aecom is a con
This company had us work 84 hours a week and didn't pay overtime, the management was very unorganized, and very bias!
co-workers were a mix of experienced aviation mechanics to fraudulent want to be mechanics because they copied and pasted an A&P brochure to their resume!
Productive and Energetic work place
SUPERVISOR III (Former Employee), PARJune 13, 2014
Pros: free food and accomodation
Cons: long hrs of 12.5 hrs with 1hr lunch break
I gained lot experience in this position on computer was good for me
Excellent in-country project management
DIRECTOR, KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER & TRAINING (Former Employee), Tripoli, LibyaJune 13, 2014
Pros: good compensation and benefits
Cons: some foreign payroll delays but always get you paid
I worked for AECOM in Libya and Ghana on infrastructure and gas process plant construction. Hard working, generous company.
Learning
Shop Foreman/ Lead Mechanic (Former Employee), Kandahar AfghanistanJune 13, 2014
This company has given me the opportunity to try and make a different in my and my co workers life.
I learned how to was in a different direction.
Safety oriented and great people
Senior Site Supervisor (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAJune 12, 2014
They have a safety oriented work place with quality work being the main focuses. The people are great to work with and help each other move up in the company.

About AECOM

AECOM Technology Corporation is a professional technical and management support services firm.