AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
no advancement
controller (Former Employee), calgary, abAugust 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management
poor management led to poor training, staff are lazy & managers dont lead well. no advancement therefore no future.
Unethical - Infrastructure Services Markham
Senior Engineer (Former Employee), Markham ONAugust 14, 2014
Pros: good junior staff
Cons: long hrs, unethical practices, poor management with no focus on innovation, win jobs with low bids.
Keep away from this group. Unethical practices and poor management. Overtime is compulsory and no work life balance. All they care is profit and not the employee. You are just a number in the 100000 firm.
Excellent company with good employee support
General Superintendent (Former Employee), Labrador NFLDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: job was not setup properly for remote site by client
Long days highly busy
Northern Labrador weather provide extra challenges
Management gives great support
Great bunch good team environment
The people on the job and in the community
AECOM
Structural Technologist (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJuly 17, 2014
Excellent working environment and team.
Everyone is very helpful.
No Bosses
lead (Current Employee), EdmontonMay 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great benefits package
Cons: sometimes high stress and short deadlines
I love working at AECOM because, even though there are bosses, everyone is treated the same. The VPs, District Managers, Managers, etc all work together. No one thinks of themselves as better as another.
Municipal company
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 16, 2014
Originally company is UMA. After they merged with AECOM, many people left the company. No idea about the company now.
Logistics/ Ticket Taker
Checker/Traffic Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: long hours
Good Company to work for as gained lots of experience regarding Logistics, reviewing Orical, Traffic Control and Truck Scedules..
Project Engineer - Water (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: multinational firm
Cons: lonh hours
Good Learning experience
Multi Million $ projects
Experienced Professionas
Productive and fun workplace
Structural Engineer (Current Employee), MontrĂ©al, QCOctober 14, 2013
Nice company, I learnd a lot of things, good team and good work atmosphere
Lack of Communication
Planning Operations, Transportation Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2013
Cons: long hours
The department I was working for was not very well managed at the time in 2009.
productive work environment with good people
Summer Student (Former Employee), whitby ontarioSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: lunches where paid
waking up when the sun rises, eat breakfeast then go out in the field to our first structure of the day, then we would take pictures of the damage to the structure and note it on a form, and we would do this for every element of the structure and we'd inspect up to 10 structures in a day.

Deck condition surveys where different, this involves closing – more... half the road way so we can work on the deck and test for corrosion and other deficiencies the structure may have.

the hardest part would be the long 10 to 12 hour days but the people where good people that made work more enjoyable. – less
good working opportunity
Senior Transportation Engineer (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: big and fun projects
Cons: volutality
a big company with opportunities to work on bigger progects
A good Engineering Company
Estimator (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 12, 2013
A pleasure working to a reputable company in Canada. Workplace is exceptionally satisfied. The company is also pro environmental. If had a chance to work again in this company I will gladly take the opportunity.
good company
CAD Coordinator / Senior Technician (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 18, 2013
worked with all departments within the facilities group. good people to work with.
Friendly and quiet
Summer student (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: lots of engineering experience
Cons: no benefits
Head to work every monday to friday morning, work at a desk on a computer where I would make revisions to drawings, and sometimes I would print or scan drawings. After an 8 hour shift I would be done. I learned a lot about the work that goes behind every building, road, etc. My managers were very friendly, along with all of my coworkers. There was no – more... tough part of the job, it was relatively simple. The most enjoyable part was learning all of the different aspects to the design that goes into each building. – less
Very intelligent company
Road Design Technologist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2013
Wide variety of knowledge and experience. Very smart supervisors that ensure you obtain and carry out everything you have been taught in school and at the workplace.
Terrible company
Biologist (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: some of the other staff were good people
Cons: everything
This company has no clue how to treat their employees. False job advertising; they advertize their positions to attract good people, but you end up doing a lower level job that you didn't apply to. When you have questions or concerns about your job you get stabbed in the back and treated like garbage. I found management to be inexperienced and inadequate – more... to handle workloads, staff, budgets and projects. No job security with high stress among staff and employees who feared of losing their job. – less
poor management company
Designer (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free chatting in work hours
Cons: hard work is not appreciated. no fairness. job is not secured.
Not recommended work place. Poor management and company culture. Hard work not rewarded. Performance is purly based on manager's personal preference..... No fairness.

February 3, 2013

Very poorly managed company with absolutely no regard for their employees. Managers are not people oriented. High turn over rate with staff getting fired or quickly leaving to find better employment.

productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
Cons: at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is – more... to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time. – less
great
Project Manager Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2012
Pros: staff, work life balance
Cons: temporary
A typical day at work was all administrative work. I got to use my Microsoft skills

1 2 3 4 5

About AECOM

AECOM Technology means never having to say Architecture, Engineering, Consulting, Operations, and Maintenance. One of the world's – Read more