AECOM Employee Reviews

job well done working safe
sandblaster/coater/insulator/EWP (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
good experience working with great team doing good job focus on safety first and showing quality and enjoying work doing something i like do,learn from other and teaching too
Great global company
Recruitment Intake Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 November 2016
Great Department Manager
Amazing co-workers
Fast pace
Fun learning
great interaction-communication within department
Pros
Great company
Cons
Job Stability
No advancement
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, Cold Lake, Carseland, Exshaw1 November 2016
They are a large, convoluted company with no loyalty to their workers. When a job is finished they mass lay-off people and then leave it up to the employees to find out if they have more positions available.
Pros
Been around a long time
Cons
No transfers
Fast paced, changing environment
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2016
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and management. I formed good relationships with the HR Directors and enjoyed working with them. It was a fact paced environment with regular changes in strategy and business requirements. I gained great experience in analytics and working with high level management.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 October 2016
good place to work boss had problems with my ethnic background good work company can work on some things to make better their bosses and company
productive workplace
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 October 2016
start with a toolbox meeting, safety moments and safety issues, then work ahead and accomplishments, good teamwork, good management support, workers welfare and safety is paramount.
Pros
free lunches
Lloydminster / Wainright Field and Facility
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 October 2016
I have a hard time believing how poorly Aecom in this area is managed! The job co-ordinators play favorites and that is how the work is divided up . If you don't suck up and do everything they ask you end up sitting with no work. This area needs some type of HR or upper management to come and check out this circus ! The pay is rock bottom and you always end up working and not getting paid for all hrs worked. Conflict of interest is huge!
Enjoyed the crew
Apprentice Instrumentation Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC8 October 2016
I enjoyed the crew and the project manager but I feel that this company has a lot of work to do to get back to being in the race for high end employer.
Cons
No RRSP or extras
Poor company
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB15 September 2016
Was at Joffre Ab, great group of co-workers.
As for management, very poorly managed, would not recommend this company to.anyone as you will pull your hair out!
Been in construction the last 10 years and the worst management team I have worked for and they know how to blow budgets because of it.
Pros
Guys were good
Cons
No RRSP, poor wage, very poor management
Aecom
Pipefitter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
AECOM has been in an up and down slide as every other company in oil and gas has. It has its benefits, my career path started with Flint and they are now Aecom. the guidance was not there but they got you started. downside there are some behind door agreements that are made and its not fair for everyone else. i feel if you earn and get the education for your trade or job you should be paid accordingly. people who don't take the plunge and upgrade there positions should not be paid more than a qualified individual.
Don't trust them
Truck drover (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SK23 August 2016
Will be asked to do things against the safety policy. I have worked alone in places where it was unsafe management does not care. Their environmental attitude is horrible.basically the management was horrible
Pros
Time off
Cons
Being at work
Good company
Tools & Small Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB18 August 2016
Was a good company to work for, however I worked for Carson Energy as they were aquired by AECOM, the infant stages of the merger/takeover was very painful, I was hired to help improve their processes, my lack of experience, combined with low oil prices, i was unfortunately laid off.
excellent place to work
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB9 August 2016
this area was in Alberta and it was a great place to work, nice people and very professional. Not a problem when time was needed off and benefits were excellent
n/a
Electrical Designer - EIT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 August 2016
not a bad environment, nice people, too much work to be done all year long, very low salary, good benefits, terrible management
They are ok company to work for
Manager/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB12 July 2016
Unable really write a review do to came off medical leave and got laid off and am not eligiable do to being on long term disability.
Good Experience
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 July 2016
They Gave me the opportunity to try new things and responsibility to do things on my own which allowed me to learn a lot more than at previous jobs. The supervision was also excellent, it is a well managed company.
Pros
co workers
Cons
worst pay I've ever seen.
Okay place to work
Project Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
Could have a more focused approach to work by the management. Higher management not focused on people growth in the organization.
It has a been a better experience then previous camps
Red Seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB29 May 2016
The camp has better rooms, private bathrooms, and food was satisfactory. There is not much of a gym to exercise in however.
very interesting
SCM Manager, Category Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 May 2016
very interesting experience with substantial change over a short period. Each individual should make their own decision regarding their own experinces
Great place to work but times are slow when oil is low
Welder (Current Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB30 April 2016
Culture and co-workers are good. Management in some areas could use some work. Hardest part of the job is being away from our families. I've good a trade and lots of great possessions thanks to them so I would say it's been good.