AECOM

AECOM Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Municipal company
Civil Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 16, 2014
Originally company is UMA. After they merged with AECOM, many people left the company. No idea about the company now.
career growth
Senior Architect (Current Employee), Middle EastFebruary 19, 2014
AECOM is a great workplace were you gain all aspects of experiences and great place for career growth
Logistics/ Ticket Taker
Checker/Traffic Control (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: long hours
Good Company to work for as gained lots of experience regarding Logistics, reviewing Orical, Traffic Control and Truck Scedules..
Project Engineer - Water (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONDecember 17, 2013
Pros: multinational firm
Cons: lonh hours
Good Learning experience
Multi Million $ projects
Experienced Professionas
Lack of Communication
Planning Operations, Transportation Technologist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 3, 2013
Cons: long hours
The department I was working for was not very well managed at the time in 2009.
productive work environment with good people
Summer Student (Former Employee), whitby ontarioSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: lunches where paid
waking up when the sun rises, eat breakfeast then go out in the field to our first structure of the day, then we would take pictures of the damage to the structure and note it on a form, and we would do this for every element of the structure and we'd inspect up to 10 structures in a day.

Deck condition surveys where different, this involves closing – more... half the road way so we can work on the deck and test for corrosion and other deficiencies the structure may have.

the hardest part would be the long 10 to 12 hour days but the people where good people that made work more enjoyable. – less
good working opportunity
Senior Transportation Engineer (Former Employee), Markham, ONAugust 27, 2013
Pros: big and fun projects
Cons: volutality
a big company with opportunities to work on bigger progects
A good Engineering Company
Estimator (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioAugust 12, 2013
A pleasure working to a reputable company in Canada. Workplace is exceptionally satisfied. The company is also pro environmental. If had a chance to work again in this company I will gladly take the opportunity.
good company
CAD Coordinator / Senior Technician (Former Employee), Markham, ONJune 18, 2013
worked with all departments within the facilities group. good people to work with.
Friendly and quiet
Summer student (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: lots of engineering experience
Cons: no benefits
Head to work every monday to friday morning, work at a desk on a computer where I would make revisions to drawings, and sometimes I would print or scan drawings. After an 8 hour shift I would be done. I learned a lot about the work that goes behind every building, road, etc. My managers were very friendly, along with all of my coworkers. There was no – more... tough part of the job, it was relatively simple. The most enjoyable part was learning all of the different aspects to the design that goes into each building. – less
Very intelligent company
Road Design Technologist (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 29, 2013
Wide variety of knowledge and experience. Very smart supervisors that ensure you obtain and carry out everything you have been taught in school and at the workplace.
Terrible company
Biologist (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: some of the other staff were good people
Cons: everything
This company has no clue how to treat their employees. False job advertising; they advertize their positions to attract good people, but you end up doing a lower level job that you didn't apply to. When you have questions or concerns about your job you get stabbed in the back and treated like garbage. I found management to be inexperienced and inadequate – more... to handle workloads, staff, budgets and projects. No job security with high stress among staff and employees who feared of losing their job. – less
poor management company
Designer (Former Employee), MarkhamJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: free chatting in work hours
Cons: hard work is not appreciated. no fairness. job is not secured.
Not recommended work place. Poor management and company culture. Hard work not rewarded. Performance is purly based on manager's personal preference..... No fairness.

Teasewater – February 3, 2013

Very poorly managed company with absolutely no regard for their employees. Managers are not people oriented. High turn over rate with staff getting fired or quickly leaving to find better employment.

productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
Cons: at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is – more... to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time. – less
great
Project Manager Assistant (Temporary Position) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 27, 2012
Pros: staff, work life balance
Cons: temporary
A typical day at work was all administrative work. I got to use my Microsoft skills
Bad old management and destructive decisions maker
Former engineer and project manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Pros: payroll on time
Cons: not friendly environment and tension in most of offices
higher and intermidiate managers take old school management decisions and distruct the company structure, the result is the employees don't trust the company and the managers. Some employees brought millions of dollars to AECOM, but the got laid-off because stupid decision from higher management without looking who cares of AECOM and who is not.

AECOMSupporter – November 29, 2012

Kindly correct your grammar before posting any comments. BTW, your comments are absurd and wrong.

Work in a large corporation environment
Associate VP of NE Architecture (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 20, 2012
Pros: financial power
Cons: high load of paperwork for project managers
1. Typical work day starts at 8:30 AM and ends at 5:30 PM. Overtime is often required due to work load.
2. I learned and became familiar with the work environment within a large corporation as opposed to smaller firms.
3. There were several layers of management with full technical and financial responsibility at the Project Manager level.
4. My former – more... co-workers were like the ones in every other architectural company: some enthusiastic and some less enthusiastics.
5. The hardest part of my job was to bring in new clients and respective work for my studio.
6. The most enjoiable part of the job was to see my projects completed and constructed. – less
Awesome company to work for.
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), CAMBRIDGDE,September 17, 2012
Pros: there was the the challenges that came with a very diverse workload.
Cons: i was managed by someone twenty years older than me! he was brilliant but did not have experience.
I carried a mental diary of important meetings coming in the working week. I planned my whole week on Saturday in case I needed to travel on Sunday to be a a meeting venue far from the office (80 miles) on Monday morning.
Typical day started with checking emails, briefing junior engineers and draughtspersons. During the day I would attend to various – more... FRIs that came in the form of phone calls or e-mails. Brisk walk to sandwich shop with mates,and sometimes during this time a client would call I would still take the call on mobile. I can not tell anyone to call back after lunch. Sometimes I wolud visit sites early in the day and settle down in the office mid-morning. No days are the same. – less
AECOM as a company
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Saudi ArabiaJuly 23, 2012
Pros: salaries are sent earlier as required
since AECOM is a multi-national company the employees at the office were very supportive in whatever aspects. most of the hired employees are supplied as a supply manpower to Saudi Aramco, the number one producer of oil in the world.

Maximino – August 20, 2012

I completed a huge project overseas,now I dont have job because they dont bother to relocate aecom staff to other project. Its better for them to hire new one with connection inside. I sent so many application to different aecom location but havent receive any call. In the meantime, lots of job opening that is suitable to my experience. Im still here without job for two years now. Whats going on with Aecom HR ?

YsYsYs – July 5, 2013

Could not agree with you more I am in the same situation

Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee), C30May 20, 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that – more... you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About AECOM

AECOM Technology Corporation is a professional technical and management support services firm.