AECOM

1.6K reviews

AECOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Financial Analysis and Planning
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Current Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 20, 2014
o Report and manage financial budgets, forecasts and outlooks with in-depth performance and variance analysis for the Oil & Gas facility construction business units.
o Compile, research and analyze complex operations data, industry trends and customers CAPEX.
o Translate the business dynamics into a challenging short and long term business plan to steer operations and business development towards goals.
o Adopt early warning process and provide analytical to allow operation management to act proactively and ensure any deviation is promptly spotted, analyzed, and reported.
o Forecast projects financials and cash flow curves to eliminate cash gaps and improve working capital
o Achieved ROCE growth and improved working capital by improving invoicing business process, billing techniques and optimizing contract terms.
o Improved liquidity ratios and DSO and through optimizing the cash conservation cycle and adopting electronic billing system.
o Manage and develop models statistical and financial models to evaluate projects and analyze current and new aspects of business performance using business intelligence and predictive analytical tools
o Undertake ad-hoc projects, researches, assignments, presentation work and other relevant initiatives as requested by the executive management.
Productive, efficient and safe place to work with a fitness room
Industrial Engineer and Lead Project Quality Rep (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: socialisation
A typical day at work comprises of a few hours of individual working and in personal office and a subtle blend of a interaction form colleagues and at time mediate supervisor when there is need to brainstorm over an issue. I learned so much from my immediate supervisor whose leadership skill is highly desirous.My co-workers are smart and hard working people who, i believe their work ethics has also rob off on me.

The hardest part of my job is whenever I am assigned a non billable work to do.Whenever this happens, I would have to put in more hours than I should in order to meet up budgetary expectations.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet and work with different clients and subcontractors from time to time. There is also the benefit of getting involved with colleagues in games and other activities outside of the work place.
Awesome company to work for.
Senior Structural Engineer (Former Employee), CAMBRIDGDE,September 17, 2012
Pros: there was the the challenges that came with a very diverse workload.
Cons: i was managed by someone twenty years older than me! he was brilliant but did not have experience.
I carried a mental diary of important meetings coming in the working week. I planned my whole week on Saturday in case I needed to travel on Sunday to be a a meeting venue far from the office (80 miles) on Monday morning.
Typical day started with checking emails, briefing junior engineers and draughtspersons. During the day I would attend to various FRIs that came in the form of phone calls or e-mails. Brisk walk to sandwich shop with mates,and sometimes during this time a client would call I would still take the call on mobile. I can not tell anyone to call back after lunch. Sometimes I wolud visit sites early in the day and settle down in the office mid-morning. No days are the same.
Good company to work with and advance your career with
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee), Anzac, ABAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Great compensation, good benefits, rewarding work
Cons: Long hours, excessive travel involved
A typical day begins at 5:00 am and ends around 6:00 pm. Through my 4.5 years experience with URS, I have developed my construction knowledge as well as learned how to deal with various types of people from co-workers, construction management and Clients and their representatives. The hardest part of this job was the amount of travel and the remoteness of the job site (Northern Alberta) and I spent entirely too much time away from home and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job with URS was the ever changing face of the job as we progressed through the project. Every new challenge taught me more construction practises and solutions to various construction issues that arose.
decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee), albertaApril 25, 2015
Pros: camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
Different field to enhance career with balanced life style
Civil/structural Engineering (Former Employee), canadaOctober 18, 2015
AECOM is a company who deal with its expertise in various area including Civil, Infrastructure, oil and Gas,Building Construction and management, Urban Planning and Design and so many others. It value their employees and their career path with family requirement. It serve best services with excellent quality within the timeline and budget. It has highly experienced professional to handle all kind of huge level of projects including Bridge design, Building Construction and all.

It would my pleasure if I get and opportunity to serve my expertise, ideas and handwork.I will always keen to grab any opportunity to work with this firm.
productive place,safety oriented,great people to work with
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONMarch 18, 2013
Pros: great wages
Cons: mine life project too short
the day start with a safety meeting then job assignments and off to work,we always watched for one another to make sure every one was safe.I learned that working as a team can move mountains,and that is what we did:) The management was there to help us i nay way possible to make life smooth and answer any questions we might had,The hardest part of the job was to change pumps and or lines in cold days when it was -30 to -40 ,but we had to do it to keep the mine operational.The most enjoyable part was knowing you were going to work in a safe environment and to work with knowlegeable coworkers.
complexity and size of project
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: flexibility to manage your time between different tasks
Cons: speding unpaid time to drive to job site
perform inspections, take photo and upload, check emails, communicate with site super and trades, write report, phone conversation and report work quality and progress, review drawings and spec, monitor tests, process invoices, study contract changes, communicate to co-workers about work and life,
The hardest part of job was arguing with contractor about quality and negotiate claims.
The most enjoyable part was work progress and learning new methods of work and familiarization with trades
productive work environment with good people
Summer Student (Former Employee), whitby ontarioSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: lunches where paid
waking up when the sun rises, eat breakfeast then go out in the field to our first structure of the day, then we would take pictures of the damage to the structure and note it on a form, and we would do this for every element of the structure and we'd inspect up to 10 structures in a day.

Deck condition surveys where different, this involves closing half the road way so we can work on the deck and test for corrosion and other deficiencies the structure may have.

the hardest part would be the long 10 to 12 hour days but the people where good people that made work more enjoyable.
work schedule and homelife balanced out perfectly
Heavy Duty Mechanic (apprenticeship) (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONJune 11, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: not having to go home after every shift.
come in the shop, have a safety meeting with crew, plan out the assigned work. working at a mine has given me the chance to work on various kinds of equipment. management always provided tarining when neccessary. My co-workers were all easy going and patient. i enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was having to be away from home. most employees were fortunate to go home at the end of every shift. and the most enjoyable part was being able to work on and operate these huge pieces of equipment.
Co-workers and other tradespeople were easy to work with
3rd year apprentice, welder (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Management hasn't changed their way of thinking about employees or the business
As long as it was a productive day at work and able to go home safe at the end of the shift, then it was a good day. Structural GF & the Pipefitter's GF were awesome guys to work for because they cared about the input of the people working underneath them. They knew that a happy crew was a safe & productive crew! Hardest part of the job, was watching people with families being laid off....On the account of management bidding aggressively on jobs!
very comfertable company to work for
Haul truck and pit Dewatering Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Kapuskasing, ONNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good work environment and good peaple to work with
Cons: bad weather and shut downs
was always happy to go to work.learned how to operate haule trucks heavy equipment and pumping systems
management where very easy to talk to and where very considerate to job needs
got along great with all my co workers
the hardest part of the job was weather conditions that would slow or stop operations would make for a very long shift
most enjoyable parts of the job was when everything went well and their where no delays and the people I worked with
productive
Senior Scheduler (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a week
Cons: at my level company does not pay extra hours of work
Employer treated the employee in a professional way. I have gain vast experience in all fiels as far as planning/scheduling job. Management is supportive in their employee. My co-workers are my team. My hardest part in a job coordinating each decipline and some does not know about their job and giving wrong info. My most enjoyable part of the job is to oversee a project that is on schedule and within budget but that does not come along, one has to sacrifice and i would say project to be completed within time.
Productive and fast developping company with diverse business lines
Economist (Former Employee), C30May 20, 2012
Flexible working day but usually means work over-time. But one will find the company is dynamic and diverse, so that one can learn much more experience from different areas in such a short time.

The company is full of different background and nice co-workers and the management in international run.

You will find the hardest part of the job is that you would have to finish project deadlines on a tight schedule, but the enjoyable part is also about the deadlines, what make the self-fulfillment for hard work.
Friendly and quiet
Summer student (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMay 15, 2013
Pros: lots of engineering experience
Cons: no benefits
Head to work every monday to friday morning, work at a desk on a computer where I would make revisions to drawings, and sometimes I would print or scan drawings. After an 8 hour shift I would be done. I learned a lot about the work that goes behind every building, road, etc. My managers were very friendly, along with all of my coworkers. There was no tough part of the job, it was relatively simple. The most enjoyable part was learning all of the different aspects to the design that goes into each building.
Terrible company
Biologist (Former Employee), MarkhamFebruary 3, 2013
Pros: some of the other staff were good people
Cons: everything
This company has no clue how to treat their employees. False job advertising; they advertize their positions to attract good people, but you end up doing a lower level job that you didn't apply to. When you have questions or concerns about your job you get stabbed in the back and treated like garbage. I found management to be inexperienced and inadequate to handle workloads, staff, budgets and projects. No job security with high stress among staff and employees who feared of losing their job.
Good company to work for
NDE Requesting, Weld Mapping, Data Entry (Former Employee), Surmont 2 Conaco Phillips SiteMarch 26, 2014
Pros: good pay, paid flights
Go to work on site.Enter daily weld progress for site in database,Determine NDE Required.Notify all concerned regarding NDE. Speak with superintendants. Do weld mapping. The management is good work with.Co-workers are good to work with.The hardest part of my job is being away from home,however,we do what we have to do to attain gainful employment.The enjoyable part of my job is the never ending of aspects of my job that I can learn and continue to do.
Bad old management and destructive decisions maker
Former engineer and project manager (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2012
Pros: payroll on time
Cons: not friendly environment and tension in most of offices
higher and intermidiate managers take old school management decisions and distruct the company structure, the result is the employees don't trust the company and the managers. Some employees brought millions of dollars to AECOM, but the got laid-off because stupid decision from higher management without looking who cares of AECOM and who is not.

November 29, 2012

Kindly correct your grammar before posting any comments. BTW, your comments are absurd and wrong.

Lacks integrity
Electrician (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKOctober 6, 2015
Speaking from the Saskatchewan area only. If you are an electrician looking for a job and not a career that's all aecom is. Forget about your future the project managers walk all over you. Basically a company where the field worker is treated like the lowest form on the earth. Managers forget that field are the ones that bring the money to their pocket. I suggest you keep looking for work and keep aecom away from electrical all together. They are ruining our rights as electricians.
contract recruiter
Recruiter-contract (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 7, 2015
Pros: working from home
Cons: work is dependant on oil prices
Aecom was going through some growing pains transitioning from FLINT, to URS and then AECOM. Oil prices dropped and they had to re org. has been a difficult time for many.
I loved being able to work from home and still be communicating with candidates regularly as I was recruiting for oil and gas.
The team I was working with was fantastic, although I was not in the office often, we had a very good working relationship.
Industry