AECOM Employee Reviews

Aecom
Pipefitter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2016
AECOM has been in an up and down slide as every other company in oil and gas has. It has its benefits, my career path started with Flint and they are now Aecom. the guidance was not there but they got you started. downside there are some behind door agreements that are made and its not fair for everyone else. i feel if you earn and get the education for your trade or job you should be paid accordingly. people who don't take the plunge and upgrade there positions should not be paid more than a qualified individual.
Poor company
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABSeptember 15, 2016
Was at Joffre Ab, great group of co-workers.
As for management, very poorly managed, would not recommend this company to.anyone as you will pull your hair out!
Been in construction the last 10 years and the worst management team I have worked for and they know how to blow budgets because of it.
Pros
Guys were good
Cons
No RRSP, poor wage, very poor management
Good company
Tools & Small Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABAugust 18, 2016
Was a good company to work for, however I worked for Carson Energy as they were aquired by AECOM, the infant stages of the merger/takeover was very painful, I was hired to help improve their processes, my lack of experience, combined with low oil prices, i was unfortunately laid off.
Productive workplace
Recruitment Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Work with team ensuring all daily tasks are met
I learnt the recruitment process and what steps were taken to new hires
Management was well involved in ensuring the employees needs were met
Coworkers were very friendly an helpful in general
Hardest part of the job was very repetative
Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a professional enviroment
Pros
Working in professional enviroment
Cons
Repetitive work
Tough times? Sell the farm. That's their motto
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 14, 2016
Lots of promises of advancement and development, but when the times get tough, they sell the farm. Our office went from 2 storeys and ~40 people to 1 floor and 8 people in 6 months.

I get that it's tough times, but this company loves talking about how employees come first, and we value our employees. Something doesn't add up.

When it was good, it was great! But you quickly see your worth at the slightest sign of decline.
Productive, Fun workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 7, 2016
I was hard worker in my team which includes Service Desk\Desktop team. The work environment was fun and friendly through years I worked there. The IT Department was very small when I started working in Flint\AECOM and then grew to big team and I grew with the team. I have gained lots of hands-on and technical experience through 10 years working in AECOM. I always was motivated to go to work every single day and to meet the challenges.
Pros
Friendly, Resourceful, educational
Cons
Not much room to grow
I didn't like working at AECOM
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABApril 28, 2016
When AECOM took over Flint URS there got to be too many people thinking that they were in charge when they weren't. They started to fire everyone that had been there for a long time and began hiring people that were family members of the company and refusing others. They began hiring people that didn't know how to do their jobs.
Good Experience
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2016
They Gave me the opportunity to try new things and responsibility to do things on my own which allowed me to learn a lot more than at previous jobs. The supervision was also excellent, it is a well managed company.
Pros
co workers
Cons
worst pay I've ever seen.
Don't trust them
Truck drover (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SKAugust 23, 2016
Will be asked to do things against the safety policy. I have worked alone in places where it was unsafe management does not care. Their environmental attitude is horrible.basically the management was horrible
Pros
Time off
Cons
Being at work
oil based company, low amount of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 9, 2016
The day would start off with a tailgate meeting with a weekly safety meeting every Wednesday. I learned on the job the different types of drill pipe. Management was a stickler for keeping records precise. My fellow co-workers we a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to find a location for incoming stock, there was such a lack of space in the yard. The best part of the day was when you got congratulated on a great job.
Pros
The safety meetings
Cons
lack of space in the yard
Great place to work but times are slow when oil is low
Welder (Current Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, ABApril 30, 2016
Culture and co-workers are good. Management in some areas could use some work. Hardest part of the job is being away from our families. I've good a trade and lots of great possessions thanks to them so I would say it's been good.
complexity and size of project
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2016
perform inspections, take photo and upload, check emails, communicate with site super and trades, write report, phone conversation and report work quality and progress, review drawings and spec, monitor tests, process invoices, study contract changes, communicate to co-workers about work and life,
The hardest part of job was arguing with contractor about quality and negotiate claims.
The most enjoyable part was work progress and learning new methods of work and familiarization with trades
Pros
flexibility to manage your time between different tasks
Cons
speding unpaid time to drive to job site
Tight knit, hard working group
QA/QC Manager Major Facilities/Major Projects (Former Employee) –  White City, SKFebruary 29, 2016
This was an excellent opportunity to broaden my understand of pressure piping fabrication , and turnover document creation. The group is very tight knit, and are hard working. The most difficult part of this job was becoming part of the team.
Pros
Paid Lunches
Cons
Disorganized
excellent place to work
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABAugust 9, 2016
this area was in Alberta and it was a great place to work, nice people and very professional. Not a problem when time was needed off and benefits were excellent
Great People to work with.
Job Cost Administrator support / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 12, 2016
They are great people to work for. Management understands work life balance. wages are terrible and it's very difficult to move up in the company, but over well its a good company.
Pros
Get bosses
Cons
Gossip and wages
Co-workers and other tradespeople were easy to work with
3rd year apprentice, welder (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJanuary 19, 2016
As long as it was a productive day at work and able to go home safe at the end of the shift, then it was a good day. Structural GF & the Pipefitter's GF were awesome guys to work for because they cared about the input of the people working underneath them. They knew that a happy crew was a safe & productive crew! Hardest part of the job, was watching people with families being laid off....On the account of management bidding aggressively on jobs!
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management hasn't changed their way of thinking about employees or the business
Very much enjoyed working for them.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Husky SunriseMarch 8, 2016
Enjoyed the Team I was with, all the guys were great. There was nothing wrong with management and they paid within the industry standard. It was a positive experience. To bad the price of oil is what it is.
Pros
Could walk to the office and we had our own bathrooms in camp.
It has a been a better experience then previous camps
Red Seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 29, 2016
The camp has better rooms, private bathrooms, and food was satisfactory. There is not much of a gym to exercise in however.
They are ok company to work for
Manager/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, ABJuly 12, 2016
Unable really write a review do to came off medical leave and got laid off and am not eligiable do to being on long term disability.
Good group of people
Pipefitter / Project Foreman (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABFebruary 12, 2016
With the down falling economy They keeps taking away from the worker even though they say there people are # 1? They have taken away the RRSP donation, and also had a wage decrees and possible another one in the near future .
Pros
Has a apprenticeship programs in place
Cons
Continue to drop wages