AECOM Employee Reviews in Canada

Good company to work with and advance your career with
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, ABAugust 30, 2015
A typical day begins at 5:00 am and ends around 6:00 pm. Through my 4.5 years experience with URS, I have developed my construction knowledge as well as learned how to deal with various types of people from co-workers, construction management and Clients and their representatives. The hardest part of this job was the amount of travel and the remoteness of the job site (Northern Alberta) and I spent entirely too much time away from home and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job with URS was the ever changing face of the job as we progressed through the project. Every new challenge taught me more construction practises and solutions to various construction issues that arose.
Pros
Great compensation, good benefits, rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, excessive travel involved
AECOM
Project Controls Assistant (Current Employee) –  ManitobaSeptember 28, 2015
I have appreciated my time with the company AECOM.
I received many raises throughout my time with the company as recognition for my hard work and dedication which highly motivated me to strive for higher results.
When I received my promotion into the Project Controls Assistant I began advancing my skills and the management on site was very supportive and compassionate.
Pros
On the job training and recognition for hard work
Cons
Job security upon project completion
fast paced work
Procurement/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 10, 2016
everyday was like a new day, new problems, new orders, constant learning - on the job training. I developed my Microsoft skills further. improved on my data entry. Co workers made it a joy to come to work on a daily basis.
Pros
co workers
Cons
salary
excellent company
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABOctober 21, 2015
Great management team to work with no pressure and lots of encouragement and praise - the best times were here when it was URS but changes came with AECOM
Pros
Great working atmosphere with co-workers and Management
Cons
none to mention
Amazing Boss, Great Team
Corporate Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 15, 2015
While working at URS I had an amazing boss and the team I worked with was like a little family. Everyone was ready and willing to support eachother. Unfortunately after being with the company for over four years I made the decision to leave the role I was in for better compensation.
Pros
Travel
Cons
lack of work life balance and low compensation
Good Team Atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABOctober 23, 2015
Need more communication between business units and districts. A lot of juggling personnel around the offices.
A lot of unnecessary employees holding positions that should be eliminated for budget enhancement on projects.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Low LOA rates
Fast paced work environment
TECHNICAL WRITER - SIMANDOU RAIL PROJECT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 24, 2015
AECOM is a great place to work. The pay is great and there is not much down time once you are on a project. The difficult part is when you have to locate new projects to work on once a project finishes.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Project based work
Great company
Electrical Designer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2015
AECOM is a great company with great mentors on hand. They provide great projects to learn from and provide daily challenges that makes the work exciting. The hardest part of the job would be the tight deadlines with certain project. However, this is common in the field of transportation and not just AECOM.
Pros
Free coffee, open door poilcy with managers, and competitive salary
Cons
Tight deadlines, office requires an update
Different field to enhance career with balanced life style
Civil/structural Engineering (Former Employee) –  canadaOctober 18, 2015
AECOM is a company who deal with its expertise in various area including Civil, Infrastructure, oil and Gas,Building Construction and management, Urban Planning and Design and so many others. It value their employees and their career path with family requirement. It serve best services with excellent quality within the timeline and budget. It has highly experienced professional to handle all kind of huge level of projects including Bridge design, Building Construction and all.

It would my pleasure if I get and opportunity to serve my expertise, ideas and handwork.I will always keen to grab any opportunity to work with this firm.
oil based company, low amount of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 9, 2016
The day would start off with a tailgate meeting with a weekly safety meeting every Wednesday. I learned on the job the different types of drill pipe. Management was a stickler for keeping records precise. My fellow co-workers we a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to find a location for incoming stock, there was such a lack of space in the yard. The best part of the day was when you got congratulated on a great job.
Pros
The safety meetings
Cons
lack of space in the yard
Difficult to advance
Specialist III, Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCNovember 5, 2015
No room for advancement through training. Always tight on money. Insane corporate culture and process. A silo mentality abounds. Everyone in I.T. too paranoid about their jobs to share helpful information. Executive management doesn't give a "care" for the users at the desk. It's all about lining their pockets and screw the rest.
Pros
Immediate Mangers
Cons
Executive Management
Co-workers and other tradespeople were easy to work with
3rd year apprentice, welder (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABJanuary 19, 2016
As long as it was a productive day at work and able to go home safe at the end of the shift, then it was a good day. Structural GF & the Pipefitter's GF were awesome guys to work for because they cared about the input of the people working underneath them. They knew that a happy crew was a safe & productive crew! Hardest part of the job, was watching people with families being laid off....On the account of management bidding aggressively on jobs!
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Management hasn't changed their way of thinking about employees or the business
Average company
Electrical Apprentice 2nd Year (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2015
Your average company has its benefits. management is willing to help out where they can and find work for the workers if not since its a large company willing to send you to other shops for work.
complexity and size of project
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2016
perform inspections, take photo and upload, check emails, communicate with site super and trades, write report, phone conversation and report work quality and progress, review drawings and spec, monitor tests, process invoices, study contract changes, communicate to co-workers about work and life,
The hardest part of job was arguing with contractor about quality and negotiate claims.
The most enjoyable part was work progress and learning new methods of work and familiarization with trades
Pros
flexibility to manage your time between different tasks
Cons
speding unpaid time to drive to job site
Productive safety orientated company
Contract Operator (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, ABJuly 2, 2015
I was contracted to another company so i did not associate with my co-workers or supervisers often, but when i did, they were very helpful, pleasant and easy to communicate with.
Pros
Salary and Benifits
Cons
Contract Work
Large Company
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Good client list with opportunity to work on diverse projects across the globe. Good learning experience and work-life balance.
Productive, Fun workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 7, 2016
I was hard worker in my team which includes Service Desk\Desktop team. The work environment was fun and friendly through years I worked there. The IT Department was very small when I started working in Flint\AECOM and then grew to big team and I grew with the team. I have gained lots of hands-on and technical experience through 10 years working in AECOM. I always was motivated to go to work every single day and to meet the challenges.
Pros
Friendly, Resourceful, educational
Cons
Not much room to grow
A well-managed company that values it's employees.
Site SCM Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 7, 2016
Typical on-site industrial construction in the oil and gas sector.
Management was well represented and receptive. My co-workers were professional and respectful. The hardest part of the job was when there was no more work. (industry-wide economic downturn).
Pros
Management cares about it's people.
Cons
Other than factors beyond it's control (ie: industry slow-down)....none.
Productive workplace
Recruitment Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Work with team ensuring all daily tasks are met
I learnt the recruitment process and what steps were taken to new hires
Management was well involved in ensuring the employees needs were met
Coworkers were very friendly an helpful in general
Hardest part of the job was very repetative
Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a professional enviroment
Pros
Working in professional enviroment
Cons
Repetitive work
Very much enjoyed working for them.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Husky SunriseMarch 8, 2016
Enjoyed the Team I was with, all the guys were great. There was nothing wrong with management and they paid within the industry standard. It was a positive experience. To bad the price of oil is what it is.
Pros
Could walk to the office and we had our own bathrooms in camp.