AECOM Employee Reviews

Transportation Technician (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB27 March 2017
I have worked at Aecom since 2009 while attending school at both Red River College and the University of Manitoba and have enjoyed my time immensely.

However, I did graduate from the UofM in 2013 and feel that it is now to move on to new and exciting adventures.

Here is hoping I did not wait to long.
Pros
Great community of people
Cons
Sometimes less then desirable work locations
Good people, decent pay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB27 March 2017
Worked with good people who knew how to do their jobs well and safely. Had a decent foreman who helped when needed. Got along with co-workers who were always willing to lend a hand. The workplace culture is very safety orientated and safety conscious. Field Level Hazard Assessments are done daily to identify and mitigate hazards.
Pros
Paid every Friday, transportation provided.
Cons
Not applicable
Great camp and travel plan
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 March 2017
Worked on and off with this comapny since it was flint never really a complaint about them, Look forward to working more projects with this company in the future.
all good
General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Waterton Park, AB22 March 2017
i have spent many years working for Flint\URS\Aecom throughout my career and i have found they have overall been a great company to work for\with. they were very flexible when it came to family, schooling, and holidays. they recognized and awarded workers for their skills and achievements. glad to have been part of this team
Overall is OK
Cost Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 March 2017
Project based job with support from management.
Learned how to work with project managers and contractors
workplace is fast paced
the most enjoyable part of the job is you can see how much you help ed the client saved
benefit is about average
Pros
good benefit
Horrible
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB9 March 2017
Watch your back!!! A lot of shady dealings go on. If the higher ups ever went to our shop and seen what was going on they would flip out!! The shop foreman would not stick up for his mechanics
Decent office with untapped potential
Structural EIT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 March 2017
A well established work space but a need to have a stronger community within it.
Management were quite distant at times, and not always there to offer guidance.
The hardest part was trying to move forward with an inexperienced team, and constantly hitting brick walls.
I met some really decent people in this company, and came away with an appreciation of Transmission and Distribution sector.
Pros
Organized sporting events
Cons
Remote location in Burnaby; office space not integrated
not sure how this commpany will survive in the future
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary7 March 2017
bad management.
been with this company for many years and let go recently; my department manager or the topper leaders were changed 4 or 5 times in about10 years.
Pros
co workers
Cons
management
Workplace environment is great
Senior JD Edwards Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 March 2017
The team of people I work with are a group of very dedicated and knowledgable people alway available to leand a hand to help you out and talk with.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Open workspace office environment
Alright place to work, depending on management
Steamfitter/Pipefitter , Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
Most management works with employees, good safety attitude. Would be better if the company could keep employees more busy
Pros
Good wages
Cons
No steady work
interesting to learn shutdown work
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2017
it has been a good place to work so far. learning about on site maintainance. only bad part is the travel to camps. good team workers
Pros
have work
Cons
none so far
Great Management and staff
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 February 2017
Always treated well and was a very friendly team orientated work atmosphere. Would continue to work for them if there wasn't a shortage of work. Great learning environment for starting out in the trade.
Challenging and Fast Paced
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 January 2017
While working for Aecom I was challenged in every aspect of my day. When tasks were mastered, there was always something more to do to challenge and grow my skills.
Summary of AECOM
Senior Project Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake Alberta24 January 2017
I have worked for a few global firms but AECOM is a company where if you dream it you can make it happen. I have never felt so connected to a company in my entire life, I found a company which has the same belief system as me, I hope I have the chance to work with this firm again.
Pros
Excellence communication, caring environment.
Cons
So old school thinking which is on it's way out.
Great company to work for!
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB19 January 2017
I enjoyed working for AECOM. I worked for them at two different locations and worked under two different management teams. There is a strong safety presence within the company. There were several instances where the proper tool for the job was not available.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Tool availability
Canadian group is very secure
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 January 2017
I have only worked for the industrial construction division located in Alberta Canada. They are a very tight group that appreciates hard work. The management that is in place, is very hands on and are in their positions due to the hard work and dedication they have put in to get there. They reward hard work and have done an excellent job of keeping their core group of workers employed through tight times in the marketplace.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Moved to smaller size jobs since taking over URS/Flint
A large and diverse organisation
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 January 2017
It has been a productive experience with them. They tend to care more about bean counting and productivity than employee satisfaction or work life balance. Not much employee input allowed and the company is very poor for information dissemination.
Was an enjoyable workplace until cut backs happened.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lampman, SK4 January 2017
Too much indecision since buyout and cut backs. Lost a lot of benefits. Have to work too far from home, only see my family on weekends. Had great co-workers, but most of them have quit due to job insecurity.
Pros
Safe work place
Cons
Loss of benefits, too much indecision
Good companey
Red seal pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 January 2017
Good companey to work for , all trades worked together good.companey has some reall good supervisor who know what they are doing and who can make a job go good and smooth
OK place.
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 December 2016
You get overworked if you do good work. They are mostly concerned with selling hours and squeezing the most out of their employees. They have pretty high turnover.

People in general are good to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.