AECOM Employee Reviews

Poor company
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, ABSeptember 15, 2016
Was at Joffre Ab, great group of co-workers.
As for management, very poorly managed, would not recommend this company to.anyone as you will pull your hair out!
Been in construction the last 10 years and the worst management team I have worked for and they know how to blow budgets because of it.
Pros
Guys were good
Cons
No RRSP, poor wage, very poor management
Aecom
Pipefitter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2016
AECOM has been in an up and down slide as every other company in oil and gas has. It has its benefits, my career path started with Flint and they are now Aecom. the guidance was not there but they got you started. downside there are some behind door agreements that are made and its not fair for everyone else. i feel if you earn and get the education for your trade or job you should be paid accordingly. people who don't take the plunge and upgrade there positions should not be paid more than a qualified individual.
Don't trust them
Truck drover (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SKAugust 23, 2016
Will be asked to do things against the safety policy. I have worked alone in places where it was unsafe management does not care. Their environmental attitude is horrible.basically the management was horrible
Pros
Time off
Cons
Being at work
Good company
Tools & Small Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABAugust 18, 2016
Was a good company to work for, however I worked for Carson Energy as they were aquired by AECOM, the infant stages of the merger/takeover was very painful, I was hired to help improve their processes, my lack of experience, combined with low oil prices, i was unfortunately laid off.
excellent place to work
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABAugust 9, 2016
this area was in Alberta and it was a great place to work, nice people and very professional. Not a problem when time was needed off and benefits were excellent
n/a
Electrical Designer - EIT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ONAugust 8, 2016
not a bad environment, nice people, too much work to be done all year long, very low salary, good benefits, terrible management
They are ok company to work for
Manager/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, ABJuly 12, 2016
Unable really write a review do to came off medical leave and got laid off and am not eligiable do to being on long term disability.
Good Experience
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 2, 2016
They Gave me the opportunity to try new things and responsibility to do things on my own which allowed me to learn a lot more than at previous jobs. The supervision was also excellent, it is a well managed company.
Pros
co workers
Cons
worst pay I've ever seen.
Okay place to work
Project Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 9, 2016
Could have a more focused approach to work by the management. Higher management not focused on people growth in the organization.
It has a been a better experience then previous camps
Red Seal Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 29, 2016
The camp has better rooms, private bathrooms, and food was satisfactory. There is not much of a gym to exercise in however.
very interesting
SCM Manager, Category Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2016
very interesting experience with substantial change over a short period. Each individual should make their own decision regarding their own experinces
Great place to work but times are slow when oil is low
Welder (Current Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, ABApril 30, 2016
Culture and co-workers are good. Management in some areas could use some work. Hardest part of the job is being away from our families. I've good a trade and lots of great possessions thanks to them so I would say it's been good.
I didn't like working at AECOM
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABApril 28, 2016
When AECOM took over Flint URS there got to be too many people thinking that they were in charge when they weren't. They started to fire everyone that had been there for a long time and began hiring people that were family members of the company and refusing others. They began hiring people that didn't know how to do their jobs.
Productive workplace
Recruitment Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Work with team ensuring all daily tasks are met
I learnt the recruitment process and what steps were taken to new hires
Management was well involved in ensuring the employees needs were met
Coworkers were very friendly an helpful in general
Hardest part of the job was very repetative
Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a professional enviroment
Pros
Working in professional enviroment
Cons
Repetitive work
Tough times? Sell the farm. That's their motto
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 14, 2016
Lots of promises of advancement and development, but when the times get tough, they sell the farm. Our office went from 2 storeys and ~40 people to 1 floor and 8 people in 6 months.

I get that it's tough times, but this company loves talking about how employees come first, and we value our employees. Something doesn't add up.

When it was good, it was great! But you quickly see your worth at the slightest sign of decline.
Great People to work with.
Job Cost Administrator support / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABApril 12, 2016
They are great people to work for. Management understands work life balance. wages are terrible and it's very difficult to move up in the company, but over well its a good company.
Pros
Get bosses
Cons
Gossip and wages
Policy and procedure
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peace River, ABApril 8, 2016
Excellent Company , many policies and procedures which have proven effective. Aecom really cares about its workers and safety in the workplace.
Productive, Fun workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABApril 7, 2016
I was hard worker in my team which includes Service Desk\Desktop team. The work environment was fun and friendly through years I worked there. The IT Department was very small when I started working in Flint\AECOM and then grew to big team and I grew with the team. I have gained lots of hands-on and technical experience through 10 years working in AECOM. I always was motivated to go to work every single day and to meet the challenges.
Pros
Friendly, Resourceful, educational
Cons
Not much room to grow
Not Great
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
Not Great. No overtime paid. Bad communication. Forcing systems to work before they are ready. 12 hour days without being paid.
fast paced work
Procurement/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABMarch 10, 2016
everyday was like a new day, new problems, new orders, constant learning - on the job training. I developed my Microsoft skills further. improved on my data entry. Co workers made it a joy to come to work on a daily basis.
Pros
co workers
Cons
salary