AECOM Employee Reviews

Aecom
Pipefitter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
AECOM has been in an up and down slide as every other company in oil and gas has. It has its benefits, my career path started with Flint and they are now Aecom. the guidance was not there but they got you started. downside there are some behind door agreements that are made and its not fair for everyone else. i feel if you earn and get the education for your trade or job you should be paid accordingly. people who don't take the plunge and upgrade there positions should not be paid more than a qualified individual.
productive workplace
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 October 2016
start with a toolbox meeting, safety moments and safety issues, then work ahead and accomplishments, good teamwork, good management support, workers welfare and safety is paramount.
Pros
free lunches
Lloydminster / Wainright Field and Facility
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 October 2016
I have a hard time believing how poorly Aecom in this area is managed! The job co-ordinators play favorites and that is how the work is divided up . If you don't suck up and do everything they ask you end up sitting with no work. This area needs some type of HR or upper management to come and check out this circus ! The pay is rock bottom and you always end up working and not getting paid for all hrs worked. Conflict of interest is huge!
n/a
Electrical Designer - EIT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 August 2016
not a bad environment, nice people, too much work to be done all year long, very low salary, good benefits, terrible management
Fast paced, changing environment
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2016
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and management. I formed good relationships with the HR Directors and enjoyed working with them. It was a fact paced environment with regular changes in strategy and business requirements. I gained great experience in analytics and working with high level management.
Poor company
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB15 September 2016
Was at Joffre Ab, great group of co-workers.
As for management, very poorly managed, would not recommend this company to.anyone as you will pull your hair out!
Been in construction the last 10 years and the worst management team I have worked for and they know how to blow budgets because of it.
Pros
Guys were good
Cons
No RRSP, poor wage, very poor management
Great place to work but times are slow when oil is low
Welder (Current Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB30 April 2016
Culture and co-workers are good. Management in some areas could use some work. Hardest part of the job is being away from our families. I've good a trade and lots of great possessions thanks to them so I would say it's been good.
Great People to work with.
Job Cost Administrator support / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 April 2016
They are great people to work for. Management understands work life balance. wages are terrible and it's very difficult to move up in the company, but over well its a good company.
Pros
Get bosses
Cons
Gossip and wages
Don't trust them
Truck drover (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SK23 August 2016
Will be asked to do things against the safety policy. I have worked alone in places where it was unsafe management does not care. Their environmental attitude is horrible.basically the management was horrible
Pros
Time off
Cons
Being at work
excellent place to work
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB9 August 2016
this area was in Alberta and it was a great place to work, nice people and very professional. Not a problem when time was needed off and benefits were excellent
Good company to work with and advance your career with
Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anzac, AB30 August 2015
A typical day begins at 5:00 am and ends around 6:00 pm. Through my 4.5 years experience with URS, I have developed my construction knowledge as well as learned how to deal with various types of people from co-workers, construction management and Clients and their representatives. The hardest part of this job was the amount of travel and the remoteness of the job site (Northern Alberta) and I spent entirely too much time away from home and my family. The most enjoyable part of my job with URS was the ever changing face of the job as we progressed through the project. Every new challenge taught me more construction practises and solutions to various construction issues that arose.
Pros
Great compensation, good benefits, rewarding work
Cons
Long hours, excessive travel involved
Tough times? Sell the farm. That's their motto
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB14 April 2016
Lots of promises of advancement and development, but when the times get tough, they sell the farm. Our office went from 2 storeys and ~40 people to 1 floor and 8 people in 6 months.

I get that it's tough times, but this company loves talking about how employees come first, and we value our employees. Something doesn't add up.

When it was good, it was great! But you quickly see your worth at the slightest sign of decline.
Productive workplace
Recruitment Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 April 2016
Work with team ensuring all daily tasks are met
I learnt the recruitment process and what steps were taken to new hires
Management was well involved in ensuring the employees needs were met
Coworkers were very friendly an helpful in general
Hardest part of the job was very repetative
Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a professional enviroment
Pros
Working in professional enviroment
Cons
Repetitive work
Difficult to advance
Specialist III, Support (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2015
No room for advancement through training. Always tight on money. Insane corporate culture and process. A silo mentality abounds. Everyone in I.T. too paranoid about their jobs to share helpful information. Executive management doesn't give a "care" for the users at the desk. It's all about lining their pockets and screw the rest.
Pros
Immediate Mangers
Cons
Executive Management
oil based company, low amount of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 March 2016
The day would start off with a tailgate meeting with a weekly safety meeting every Wednesday. I learned on the job the different types of drill pipe. Management was a stickler for keeping records precise. My fellow co-workers we a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to find a location for incoming stock, there was such a lack of space in the yard. The best part of the day was when you got congratulated on a great job.
Pros
The safety meetings
Cons
lack of space in the yard
AECOM
Project Controls Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manitoba28 September 2015
I have appreciated my time with the company AECOM.
I received many raises throughout my time with the company as recognition for my hard work and dedication which highly motivated me to strive for higher results.
When I received my promotion into the Project Controls Assistant I began advancing my skills and the management on site was very supportive and compassionate.
Pros
On the job training and recognition for hard work
Cons
Job security upon project completion
Different field to enhance career with balanced life style
Civil/structural Engineering (Former Employee) –  canada18 October 2015
AECOM is a company who deal with its expertise in various area including Civil, Infrastructure, oil and Gas,Building Construction and management, Urban Planning and Design and so many others. It value their employees and their career path with family requirement. It serve best services with excellent quality within the timeline and budget. It has highly experienced professional to handle all kind of huge level of projects including Bridge design, Building Construction and all.

It would my pleasure if I get and opportunity to serve my expertise, ideas and handwork.I will always keen to grab any opportunity to work with this firm.
Okay place to work
Project Management Professional (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 June 2016
Could have a more focused approach to work by the management. Higher management not focused on people growth in the organization.
Good company
Tools & Small Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB18 August 2016
Was a good company to work for, however I worked for Carson Energy as they were aquired by AECOM, the infant stages of the merger/takeover was very painful, I was hired to help improve their processes, my lack of experience, combined with low oil prices, i was unfortunately laid off.
No advancement
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, Cold Lake, Carseland, Exshaw1 November 2016
They are a large, convoluted company with no loyalty to their workers. When a job is finished they mass lay-off people and then leave it up to the employees to find out if they have more positions available.
Pros
Been around a long time
Cons
No transfers