AECOM Employee Reviews

Aecom
Pipefitter Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2016
AECOM has been in an up and down slide as every other company in oil and gas has. It has its benefits, my career path started with Flint and they are now Aecom. the guidance was not there but they got you started. downside there are some behind door agreements that are made and its not fair for everyone else. i feel if you earn and get the education for your trade or job you should be paid accordingly. people who don't take the plunge and upgrade there positions should not be paid more than a qualified individual.
Enjoyable workplace where every friday is BBQ Friday
LEADHAND JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB13 December 2016
Set up workers with tasks and periodically check on them through the day while i do maintenance on equipment. I can say ive learned something new every day and still continue to do so. Some of the management knows their stuff and gets the job done, others are just there to collect a pay check. Co-workers have their good and bad days, and who doesnt. its how you approach them that determines if they will produce that day. Hardest part of the job is to have everyone satisfied with a a task. The most enjoyable part of my job is leading by example.
Pros
Home every night
Cons
Not being heard
Canadian group is very secure
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta13 January 2017
I have only worked for the industrial construction division located in Alberta Canada. They are a very tight group that appreciates hard work. The management that is in place, is very hands on and are in their positions due to the hard work and dedication they have put in to get there. They reward hard work and have done an excellent job of keeping their core group of workers employed through tight times in the marketplace.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Moved to smaller size jobs since taking over URS/Flint
productive workplace
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB8 October 2016
start with a toolbox meeting, safety moments and safety issues, then work ahead and accomplishments, good teamwork, good management support, workers welfare and safety is paramount.
Pros
free lunches
Lloydminster / Wainright Field and Facility
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 October 2016
I have a hard time believing how poorly Aecom in this area is managed! The job co-ordinators play favorites and that is how the work is divided up . If you don't suck up and do everything they ask you end up sitting with no work. This area needs some type of HR or upper management to come and check out this circus ! The pay is rock bottom and you always end up working and not getting paid for all hrs worked. Conflict of interest is huge!
Cons
A large and diverse organisation
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 January 2017
It has been a productive experience with them. They tend to care more about bean counting and productivity than employee satisfaction or work life balance. Not much employee input allowed and the company is very poor for information dissemination.
Great company to work for!
Apprentice Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Hardisty, AB19 January 2017
I enjoyed working for AECOM. I worked for them at two different locations and worked under two different management teams. There is a strong safety presence within the company. There were several instances where the proper tool for the job was not available.
Pros
Safety
Cons
Tool availability
Was an enjoyable workplace until cut backs happened.
Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lampman, SK4 January 2017
Too much indecision since buyout and cut backs. Lost a lot of benefits. Have to work too far from home, only see my family on weekends. Had great co-workers, but most of them have quit due to job insecurity.
Pros
Safe work place
Cons
Loss of benefits, too much indecision
Acom
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON12 December 2016
I really enjoyed working with AECOM, a Great Experience, Great team and management have been helpful and great people to work with. I enjoyed working at every project that was given to me.
Fast paced, changing environment
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 October 2016
I enjoyed working with my supervisor and management. I formed good relationships with the HR Directors and enjoyed working with them. It was a fact paced environment with regular changes in strategy and business requirements. I gained great experience in analytics and working with high level management.
Poor corporate culture
VP & Director (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta2 December 2016
Growth through acquisition with poor assimilation. Management was not properly trained or available to provide leadership and/or direction. Company is totally focused on billable hours vs. quality of service.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor leadership.....remote.
n/a
Electrical Designer - EIT (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 August 2016
not a bad environment, nice people, too much work to be done all year long, very low salary, good benefits, terrible management
Good Manager and Bad Manager
Civil Technologist - Transportation (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 November 2016
Drafting and Design highway and bridge structures. I learned that every company has good manager and bad manager. When encounter bad manager, try to work with other department where good manager exist. Co-workers are very helpful. The hardest part of the job is to find learning opportunities from Structural Supervisor. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with Roadway Lead because he is a model of a good manager that I can learn from.
Pros
Good Lead in Civil Highway Team and many good co-workers
Cons
Bad supervisor in Structural Team
Poor company
Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB15 September 2016
Was at Joffre Ab, great group of co-workers.
As for management, very poorly managed, would not recommend this company to.anyone as you will pull your hair out!
Been in construction the last 10 years and the worst management team I have worked for and they know how to blow budgets because of it.
Pros
Guys were good
Cons
No RRSP, poor wage, very poor management
Summary of AECOM
Senior Project Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake Alberta24 January 2017
I have worked for a few global firms but AECOM is a company where if you dream it you can make it happen. I have never felt so connected to a company in my entire life, I found a company which has the same belief system as me, I hope I have the chance to work with this firm again.
Pros
Excellence communication, caring environment.
Cons
So old school thinking which is on it's way out.
Great work/safety culture.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 October 2016
I found this job very rewarding with a very respectful group of professionals to work with. safety is very important with this company and will spend a good part of the pre job meeting in the morning addressing safety concerns and discussing how to work safe on the job. Safety is drilled into your head, so that when you go on site, you can identify hazards before you are injured. Plain and simple. I found a lot of camaraderie between workers on site and off. Although my time on job was cut short because of a personal issue, I would work for them again in a second.
Pros
excellent PPE
Cons
uneven ground
Sweatshop
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto22 June 2016
Over staffed and over managed. Focus is on producing work with the minimum of effort and maximum profit for the company. Junior staff are not trained properly nor given a chance to learn and make mistakes. Management would rather hire from outside than give existing staff the chance to move up, then they wonder why staff turnover rate is so high.Key business focus changes all the time leaving staff in a permanent state of fear that their area of expertise will be chopped next.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Everything else
Great place to work but times are slow when oil is low
Welder (Current Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB30 April 2016
Culture and co-workers are good. Management in some areas could use some work. Hardest part of the job is being away from our families. I've good a trade and lots of great possessions thanks to them so I would say it's been good.
Don't trust them
Truck drover (Former Employee) –  Lampman, SK23 August 2016
Will be asked to do things against the safety policy. I have worked alone in places where it was unsafe management does not care. Their environmental attitude is horrible.basically the management was horrible
Pros
Time off
Cons
Being at work
Great People to work with.
Job Cost Administrator support / Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB12 April 2016
They are great people to work for. Management understands work life balance. wages are terrible and it's very difficult to move up in the company, but over well its a good company.
Pros
Get bosses
Cons
Gossip and wages