AECOM Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
very interesting
SCM Manager, Category Management (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 14, 2016
very interesting experience with substantial change over a short period. Each individual should make their own decision regarding their own experinces
Great place to work but times are slow when oil is low
Welder (Current Employee), Rainbow Lake, ABApril 30, 2016
Culture and co-workers are good. Management in some areas could use some work. Hardest part of the job is being away from our families. I've good a trade and lots of great possessions thanks to them so I would say it's been good.
I didn't like working at AECOM
Apprentice Welder (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABApril 28, 2016
When AECOM took over Flint URS there got to be too many people thinking that they were in charge when they weren't. They started to fire everyone that had been there for a long time and began hiring people that were family members of the company and refusing others. They began hiring people that didn't know how to do their jobs.
Productive workplace
Recruitment Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 24, 2016
Pros: Working in professional enviroment
Cons: Repetitive work
Work with team ensuring all daily tasks are met
I learnt the recruitment process and what steps were taken to new hires
Management was well involved in ensuring the employees needs were met
Coworkers were very friendly an helpful in general
Hardest part of the job was very repetative
Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a professional enviroment
Tough times? Sell the farm. That's their motto
Material Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABApril 14, 2016
Lots of promises of advancement and development, but when the times get tough, they sell the farm. Our office went from 2 storeys and ~40 people to 1 floor and 8 people in 6 months.

I get that it's tough times, but this company loves talking about how employees come first, and we value our employees. Something doesn't add up.

When it was good, it was great! But you quickly see your worth at the slightest sign of decline.
Great People to work with.
Job Cost Administrator support / Receptionist (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABApril 12, 2016
Pros: Get bosses
Cons: Gossip and wages
They are great people to work for. Management understands work life balance. wages are terrible and it's very difficult to move up in the company, but over well its a good company.
Policy and procedure
Equipment Coordinator (Former Employee), Peace River, ABApril 8, 2016
Excellent Company , many policies and procedures which have proven effective. Aecom really cares about its workers and safety in the workplace.
Productive, Fun workplace
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: Friendly, Resourceful, educational
Cons: Not much room to grow
I was hard worker in my team which includes Service Desk\Desktop team. The work environment was fun and friendly through years I worked there. The IT Department was very small when I started working in Flint\AECOM and then grew to big team and I grew with the team. I have gained lots of hands-on and technical experience through 10 years working in AECOM. I always was motivated to go to work every single day and to meet the challenges.
Not Great
Proposal Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 5, 2016
Not Great. No overtime paid. Bad communication. Forcing systems to work before they are ready. 12 hour days without being paid.
fast paced work
Procurement/Administrative (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABMarch 10, 2016
Pros: co workers
Cons: salary
everyday was like a new day, new problems, new orders, constant learning - on the job training. I developed my Microsoft skills further. improved on my data entry. Co workers made it a joy to come to work on a daily basis.
oil based company, low amount of work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Nisku, ABMarch 9, 2016
Pros: The safety meetings
Cons: lack of space in the yard
The day would start off with a tailgate meeting with a weekly safety meeting every Wednesday. I learned on the job the different types of drill pipe. Management was a stickler for keeping records precise. My fellow co-workers we a great bunch of people to work with. The hardest part of the day was trying to find a location for incoming stock, there was such a lack of space in the yard. The best part of the day was when you got congratulated on a great job.
Very much enjoyed working for them.
Electrician (Former Employee), Husky SunriseMarch 8, 2016
Pros: Could walk to the office and we had our own bathrooms in camp.
Enjoyed the Team I was with, all the guys were great. There was nothing wrong with management and they paid within the industry standard. It was a positive experience. To bad the price of oil is what it is.
Large Company
Business Process Analyst (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 8, 2016
Good client list with opportunity to work on diverse projects across the globe. Good learning experience and work-life balance.
Tight knit, hard working group
QA/QC Manager Major Facilities/Major Projects (Former Employee), White City, SKFebruary 29, 2016
Pros: Paid Lunches
Cons: Disorganized
This was an excellent opportunity to broaden my understand of pressure piping fabrication , and turnover document creation. The group is very tight knit, and are hard working. The most difficult part of this job was becoming part of the team.
productive and fun
Intermediate Insulation Estimator/Site Coordinator (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABFebruary 25, 2016
professional atmosphere with high expectations regarding your own work. Fair and fun place to work on a day to day basis.
Good group of people
Pipefitter / Project Foreman (Current Employee), Whitecourt, ABFebruary 12, 2016
Pros: Has a apprenticeship programs in place
Cons: Continue to drop wages
With the down falling economy They keeps taking away from the worker even though they say there people are # 1? They have taken away the RRSP donation, and also had a wage decrees and possible another one in the near future .
complexity and size of project
Contract Administrator and Site Inspector (Former Employee), Toronto, ONFebruary 6, 2016
Pros: flexibility to manage your time between different tasks
Cons: speding unpaid time to drive to job site
perform inspections, take photo and upload, check emails, communicate with site super and trades, write report, phone conversation and report work quality and progress, review drawings and spec, monitor tests, process invoices, study contract changes, communicate to co-workers about work and life,
The hardest part of job was arguing with contractor about quality and negotiate claims.
The most enjoyable part was work progress and learning new methods of work and familiarization with trades
great co-workers
4 th year electrician (Current Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 4, 2016
good foremans always willing to help out in getting missing info. or finding a better way to accomplish task. willing to teach
Co-workers and other tradespeople were easy to work with
3rd year apprentice, welder (Former Employee), Cold Lake, ABJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Management hasn't changed their way of thinking about employees or the business
As long as it was a productive day at work and able to go home safe at the end of the shift, then it was a good day. Structural GF & the Pipefitter's GF were awesome guys to work for because they cared about the input of the people working underneath them. They knew that a happy crew was a safe & productive crew! Hardest part of the job, was watching people with families being laid off....On the account of management bidding aggressively on jobs!
Great Company, could use better management
Registered Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 8, 2016
At the time i was working for URS energy now AECOM. They kept me busy with challenging tasks that helped me along with my electrical apprenticeship. Management could use some help, if you weren't part of their inner circle, you suffered.
Links