AECOM Employee Reviews

Still building the AECOM brand
Project Manger (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 August 2017
Good company to work for. I liked my position as a Flint employee. The AECOM transition is still in the building stages and they still need to get a foot hold in the oil and gas sector outside the Flint name.
So far Good !
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON30 July 2017
It was good working experience
I learned lots of new skills
Its culture was very good before but now due to job insecurity lots of people moving forward
Pros
flexible timing to start work
Cons
Very long hours to work as salary are based on 8 hours per day
productive and safety comes first
Piping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB15 July 2017
aecom is one of the company i enjoy working.
the bosses listen to the ideas regarding on how we gonna execute the job if we have some problem regarding on pipe installation.
Always new tasks to learn and friendly co workers.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB14 July 2017
At Aecom typical day start at 8:00 A.M. with staff meeting. After that working on daily tasks with half an hour lunch break and i finished at 16:30.
I have gained experience for Accounts receivable, Accounts payable and other accounting tasks. I also gained friendship for great co workers.
Management was great, helping and always motivating.
Workplace culture was very safty orientated and safty concious.
The hardest part of the job when i do not have anything to work on.
The most enjoyable part when you get appriciation on doing a good job.
Pros
Weekly safety meetings
Cons
Improvements needed in IT helpdesk.
AECOM is a dynamic and challenging place to work.
Area Business Unit Lead, Buildings, Western Canada (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK13 July 2017
AECOM is a large company that can, and does, provide challenging work. Change is a normal part of the work experience there. The team atmosphere provides ample opportunity to work with, and learn from, excellent people.
Pros
Always challenged to improve and grow the business.
Cons
Support services need to be more responsive to operational team requirements.
labourer/ pipe fitter
Pipefitter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  grande prairie12 July 2017
great pay

good bosses

great hrs

weekly pay

good benefits

supply all PPE

really enjoyed working for aecom. was making 7000$ every 3 weeks. they are not shy with money nor are they cheap. very few companies like this left.
Pros
money
Cons
work/life balance
Good working atmosphère, strong expertise in railway infrastructure
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2017
Exceeds overall capabilities of competitors.

Other departments and disciplines used to complément railway expertise when required.

Very good distribution of expertise throughout NA.
Average
Electrician Apprentice (Commercial) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2017
Pretty typical, large company. Lots of hours sometimes and less others. Big on safety. Met some really great people there. Sometimes there were opportunities to learn new things.
No projects, nice hours
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON7 June 2017
As a designer, there were no jobs for me to work on. The hours were nice as you can take every second Friday off. It was nice to not have any projects at first, but after a while i had to quit.
Pros
Good area, less hours
Cons
No jobs
Good company
B Pressure Rig Welder (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB7 June 2017
Great company to work for. The employees were very friendly. I learned a lot about the company. Aecom had a good safety program. Aecom also had a good supervision team.
Pros
Employee advancement
Environnement productif
Technicien-Concepteur, (mécanique-tuyauterie) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 June 2017
environnement de travail très professionnelle.Situation des bureaux avantageuse.
Pros
Heures très flexible.
Cons
Aucun
Overall not a great company
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB27 May 2017
I worked here for nearly two years and from the very beginning there were problems with how management dealt with day to day situations. Which continuously got worse. They really do make you feel like a number and a child. Payroll has always been terrible until recently where I believe they are just trying to pinch every penny they can.
They recently just got a new contract and while trying hard to fill positions they would lie about the rate of pay to the people they were hiring.
Their client treats the staff poorly and management does nothing about it.
Approximately half of the hvac crew on both shifts have left. There are better jobs out there and I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
10/10 rotation
Cons
Low wage/management
Horrible wages
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB20 May 2017
Horrible undervalue of their employees, false promises however workers are great people and excellent safety culture to bad it's a sinking ship safety is starting to go down hill and management has their head in the sand was a great place talk about shooting your self in the foot hopefully one day they realize what they lost over 20 HVAC guys left in a month
Pros
Great workers
Cons
Wages
typical
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Joffre, AB9 May 2017
Management could stand to be improved, it was often unclear what was expected day to day. Projects were over maned, and managers were not consistent with message
Pros
Fare wage
Cons
little consern for worker personal life
Informative and Collaborative Work Place
Junior BIM Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 May 2017
Working at AECOM I learned time management skills as well as developed my computer drafting and modeling skills. I learned to work well with others both clients and coworkers.
Pros
Experience in my Field
Cons
Long Commute
typical large company
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB3 May 2017
I am not willing to post anything here about how I feel about AECOM I am just trying to meet the 150 character minimum. I don't feel comfortable leaving a comment here
Pros
Cons
Take advantage of people with strong work ethics
At times it's a great place
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB29 April 2017
In my experience it was a great place to work as an HVAC Mechanic for almost two years . The site is extremely clean and safe .We had a hand selected crew of top guys ..over night our wages were cut almost 20g annually so the company could get the new contract ...however at that time we were being paid about 12 dollars less than competition with all incentives lost ...they are working with what they have but for me it was hard to see a bright future here ....there is lots of room for advancement if you like titles and don't care about salary due to extremely high turn over .we were on site almost 14 hours a day and get paid for 11.5 straight time at 42 an hour .no paid lunch ,
Pros
Flights paid from Calgary or Edmonton, Decent camp acomadations, 10/10 shift, very safe
Cons
High turn over, Un paid lunch, no over time pay, Poor structure, very poor pay, treated as a number
Awful company
HVAC Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB19 April 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for, poorly managed, disorganized and they are not forthcoming about what to expect. They just try and get you out there. High turnover they don't care about their employees whatsoever.
Pros
Cons
Terrible environment, terrible management
Family feeling
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB17 April 2017
The days were a bit slow and there wasn't always enough to fill 8 hours. The people were awesome and everyone felt like a big family. The work culture was very relaxed but when there was work to be done it was everyone's focus.
Great people to work with
Parts / Inventory (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB/Fort MacMurry/Joffre11 April 2017
I have worked steady for 6 years there has been some up and down but for the most parts it is a good company to work for made some really great friends and learned and still learning the trades

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval