AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to work.
Project Superintendent (Former Employee), Redcliff, ABAugust 11, 2015
Good company to work for. Great safety culture. Opportunities for advancement from within. Sometimes project timing can be sporadic.
Average company
Electrical Apprentice 2nd Year (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 10, 2015
Your average company has its benefits. management is willing to help out where they can and find work for the workers if not since its a large company willing to send you to other shops for work.
Fun and fast paced
Lead Hand (Current Employee), Joffre, ABJuly 7, 2015
Provides a great work/life balance with a professional crew of tradesmen that help to make my job as a supervisor much easier.
Great company
Electrical Designer (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, open door poilcy with managers, and competitive salary
Cons: Tight deadlines, office requires an update
AECOM is a great company with great mentors on hand. They provide great projects to learn from and provide daily challenges that makes the work exciting. The hardest part of the job would be the tight deadlines with certain project. However, this is common in the field of transportation and not just AECOM.
Productive safety orientated company
Contract Operator (Former Employee), Rainbow Lake, ABJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Salary and Benifits
Cons: Contract Work
I was contracted to another company so i did not associate with my co-workers or supervisers often, but when i did, they were very helpful, pleasant and easy to communicate with.
Good company to work for
Journeyman/Red Seal Carpenter (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABJune 9, 2015
I liked being close to home, the hours and wage were excellent. I was on a small project and learned a lot on this job. I would definitely like to work for AECOM again
positive work environment
Quality Assurance manager (Former Employee), Toronto CanadaMay 17, 2015
Pros: lunch and learn, carreer advancement
Cons: work may be slow at times
A good place to work, provided a great environment to learn and develop into a well rounded employee, Upper management was well engaged with subordinates giving adequate support when required
generally Aecom is a good place to work.
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 13, 2015
Pros: good payment.
Cons: too many managers, no management. high turn over rate.
generally Aecom is a good place to work. No too much complaints. There is no communication between upper level managers and mid level and low level workers.
Lack of projects to do while I was working there.
Company was like my family.
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Bonnyville, ABApril 29, 2015
Loved my office and the people I worked with. Learned a lot about the fluid haul business. Management was really good to me. My coworkers were my family, Go Team go. Hardest part of my job was leaving to go home at night. I planned all the social events and was always there for my co workers.
decent to work for. my truck broke down on my days off. and it wasn't fixed before my travel day back to camp.
Side Boom Operator (Former Employee), albertaApril 25, 2015
Pros: camp sucked.. 50 minute drive to site from the camp we were put in..
I got a ride back to work with my foreman and was told the first day back that I don't know why I bothered coming without my truck.. so I said should I go home and get my truck fixed and come back and I was told yes. and that I would not be laid off.. I got a ride to fort mac from Conklin corner paid 400 for a flight to Calgary got home at 615 on a Tuesday.. truck was booked in to get repairs.. got a call sunday saying I was laid off.. truck was finished Monday.. go figure.. so I lost my job because I did what I was told to do.. by my foreman and if I had of stayed home and got my truck fixed and not wasted 2 days driving up there I might still have a job..
Logistics and warehousing Specialist (Current Employee), fort mcmurrayApril 14, 2015
Its a good place to work but they made a few cut backs that hurt the pockets of employees. They should take care of the locals.
Downsized
Project Manager (Former Employee), Montréal, QCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Large company
Cons: Lack of work.
The overall work environment was pleasant. Due to local economic factors and local company competition for work our current work load within the company is low.
good place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), grande prairieMarch 9, 2015
Pros: family/work balance
Cons: a bit isolated
AECOM is a good place to work
- pretty flexible and family orientated
Safety is extremely important to the company

my co workers are great and are like family..

we have managed to keep busy with the slow times in the oil field
To many favorites,special privilages
Truck Operator (Former Employee), Firebag ABFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: camp work
Cons: to much friends and family, special treatment.
To many friends hiring friends,or to many relatives of the management being hired,if your friends with management or related in some way you pretty much have it made and you job is safe.if your not friends with them outside of work or related in some way.good luck on keeping your job,you will be the first they choose to let go.
Applying Best Practices of American Association of Cost Engineers (AACE) and Project Management Institute (PMI).
PLANNING & SCHEDULING ENGINEER (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: organization supports pd
Cons: extra time and weekend work sometime
Great place for Professional Development
Skills Improvement
Application of Earned Value Management System and Critical Path Method (CPM)
OK
ACCOUNTING MANAGER (Current Employee), Toronto, ONNovember 28, 2014
OK, progressive, leveraging technology to break geography barriers.
Productive, efficient and safe place to work with a fitness room
Industrial Engineer and Lead Project Quality Rep (Current Employee), Calgary AlbertaOctober 31, 2014
Pros: socialisation
A typical day at work comprises of a few hours of individual working and in personal office and a subtle blend of a interaction form colleagues and at time mediate supervisor when there is need to brainstorm over an issue. I learned so much from my immediate supervisor whose leadership skill is highly desirous.My co-workers are smart and hard working people who, i believe their work ethics has also – more... rob off on me.

The hardest part of my job is whenever I am assigned a non billable work to do.Whenever this happens, I would have to put in more hours than I should in order to meet up budgetary expectations.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to meet and work with different clients and subcontractors from time to time. There is also the benefit of getting involved with colleagues in games and other activities outside of the work place. – less
Good Place to Work
Finance (Current Employee), Markham, ONOctober 6, 2014
This organization has taught me a lot about the industry as well as the overall day to day activities that make such a large company tick.
Poor management and not competent
structural engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: good benefit
Cons: poor management
poor management and not competent. Not able to win jobs for very long time. Lots of ppl left.
A good place to work at!
Wastewater Process Engineer (Current Employee), Markham, ONSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: established large company
Cons: a few to consider
-A good place to work at but needs improvement.
-Professional colleagues