Adfab Exhibits is seeking to hire a Graphic Designer and Prepress Specialist to expand our graphic department and become a valuable asset to our dynamic team. ADfab Exhibit Group is a leading manufacturer of portable display solutions for trade shows, events and retail spaces in the Canada. Serving primarily the GTA and surrounding Toronto communities, ADfab provides creative design and hardware solutions that enable small, medium and large businesses to enhance brand and visual communications. Our in-house art department specializes in large format printing and graphic design services. Our company provides local and national companies with the insight and experience they need to bring their products and services to the display market effectively. Companies that ADfab currently has as clients include Beam Global, University of Toronto, City of Toronto, Livingston, Fastenal, Virgin Mobile, Rogers, Ace Bakery, Bell Canada, Toronto Police, and hundreds of others both locally and nationally.
Who You are:
A creative thinker who likes the challenge of a fast paced production environment. You are a self- starter who in not afraid to think outside the box and take design initiative. You are dynamic, have a great rapport with clients, easy going, responsible, detail oriented and a people person. You thrive in a day with a variety of design and production projects and can multi-task while remaining focused at the task at hand. You work well in a team and yet can take creative direction well both from clients and staff. You are a Mac guru, well versed in all things Adobe, who likes to see your creations come to life. You are equal parts left brain/ right brain; able to execute grand ideas with attention to detail and technical skill.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with our Production Department and the Creative Director to design, print and produce various display graphics, conceive and execute great design concepts
- Consult with clients on display design and execute layout for pop-up displays, banner stands, custom display graphics and other large format graphics.
- Execute all aspects of the Pre-Press process, including file prep for print, layout changes to
supplied artwork, archiving and artwork retrieval, pre-press flight checks of agency supplied
artwork, and printing-related colour issues; understanding CMYK print, Pantone and colour.
- Oversee print production and maintenance of printer, printer supplies, ink, and media.
- Prepare layouts and mock-ups for client jobs.
- Design and creation of exhibit spaces and displays; this includes typography, image prep, stock
image acquisition and custom design product for our clients
- When necessary, meet clients on design consultation and assist client agencies with templates
and graphic specs and guidelines
- Loading media and prepping file for print. Printing to large format printers via RIP software
- Assist with the maintenance of internal business collaterals, marketing and web.
- A college or university degree in graphic design or visual communication preferably with a focus
on print-media, advertising, environmental designand branding
- Must be proficient with Adobe Creative Suite 6, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In-
Design and Adobe Acrobat
- 2-3 years minimum experience in the advertising, media or print industry. Experience in large
format print or display design a bonus.
- Dynamic portfolio that show scope of creative abilities both technically and artistically.
- Working knowledge of CAD or graphic renders an asset.
- Basic knowledge of web and multimedia apps added bonus; dreamweaver, html, flash, iMovie,
php, and web apps.
Terms of Employment: Part Time Hourly– 3 full days a week to start (minimum 24hrs) Full-time: Mon- Fri. 9-5 (40hrs), upon successful 3 months probation or sooner. Wage to be determined based on experience and proficiency.
Job Location: , ADfab Exhibit Group Inc. 95 Whitmore Road, Unit 2 Woodbridge, Ontario, Canada L4L 6E2 .Please do not call, apply through E-Mail Only
Only qualified applicants will be notified. A basic design proficiency test will be required.