ADP Employee Reviews

ADP had a wonderful work environment and treated the employees fair.
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2015
I worked part-time providing payroll input in the Small Business Solutions Department.

With over 9 years working as a Telephone Service Representative I've learned interpersonal and customer service skills.

Management was always open to hearing my ideas and concerns when it came to making improvement in the department.

By developing a relationship with each individual, we worked together to resolve even complex issues. You will find that my work ethic is well developed, and I consistently pay attention to detail whether working as an individual, or as part of a team.

On a personal note, working with others is a highlight of my past roles, as it gives me great personal satisfaction.
Pros
On high volume days healthy lunches were provided to us.
Worst company
Client service representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC24 March 2015
I've never been so unhappy working for a company . The managers like to micromanage, they don't know what they are doing, and favour employees . No room for advancement , empty promises , and backstabbing . They do not do what's best for clients or even treat their employees with respect . I would not recommend even to my greatest enemy a job here . Don't be fooled by the pay, your sanity is worth way more than that .
Interactive team envrionment
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  calgary, Alberta9 January 2013
I would come to my office job and prepare for a day of working with teams. I have learned how to be a team player, work indiepedently and develop my skills in administration. My coworkers were easy to get along with and very helpful to guide me through my job. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and demanding projects. The most enjoyable part was to work with a great group of people
Pros
working with skilled people
Cons
very long hours
Great Company
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2015
At ADP you work hard,they are extremely dedicated to their clients needs, and ensuring that each and every clients payroll is complete by deadline no matter what amongst other things. It's a very rewarding company to work for they offer great work life balance, constant focus on your career growth, good pay, benefits, and all the little things they do for each and every employee.
Great place to learn
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 February 2013
My role in this company was to hunt business using our partnerships, RBC & BMO which was a great resource.
A typical day at work would be meeting 3-4 banks within a day and multiple calls to business owners to sell them on Payroll.The hardest part of this job was the busy schedule of driving from one part of the City to another.
I truly enjoyed the learning curve, ADP invested quite some time in their employees ie; Lunch and learn
Fun place to work
TAX COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ont.3 May 2013
Typical day at work was attending to the most urgent requests from CSRs.

Learned something about payroll and taxation.

Some managers are considerate.

Got along with co-workers.

Hardest part of the job was during year end when there was tight deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the urgents were successfully transmitted.

Pros
free lunch, games
Cons
when the system is down
Great benefits, free parking, potential to grow your career with lots of opportunities coming up in the Dartmouth office.
Client Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS26 February 2013
Great position for those who are starting their career and/or looking to grow within a company with alot of growth opportunity currently in the Dartmouth office.
Pros
free parking, great benefits, tuition incentive plan
Cons
salary on the low side of market; shift work
Good culture, bad management
Senior Outside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 February 2015
ADP is like many fortune 500 companies, there is lots of red tape and they do a great job of getting in their own way.

Politics and management blunders are very high here and if you can avoid those traps ADP can be a great company to work for. Expectations are average.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
No room for advancement
Great environment
Inside Sales /Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 October 2015
Fun sales environment
Management needs to communicate better
Great co workers
Online solution at the time was out of date
Pros
Great sales team
Cons
Low compensation
Good for junior BA.
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2015
Learn to implement systems and deal with clients. Good training ground. Salary can be improved. If they have the time co-workers can be helpful. Do not let difficult clients annoy you.
Pros
Average support from co-workers.
Cons
Difficult clients
Decent place to work at.
District Manager (Inside and Outside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC28 November 2012
Alot of staff does not attain their sales targets.
For the SBS department; the management is the primary reason for VERY high staff turnover.
The salary is low and benefits are standard. Commission structure is horrible.
Pros
half day on your birthday and a small giftcard
Cons
low pay and horrible commission structure.
National Sales Support
(QC) - National Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 October 2014
Main Tasks :
Provide administrative and logistis support to the Sales department
Generate prospect list and follow up on leads
Create quotations followed by contracts in two languages
Apply ADP policy on contracts
Place orders and do the follow up
Issue financial reports on sales status on monthly basis
Great Work Place
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga6 July 2015
ADP is a great company to work for. They have allowed me the opportunity to grow and build success while giving me the needed support. Career opportunities can be endless although the salary pay is relatively low from an industry standpoint.
Did not like working there
ONLINE MARKETING MANGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 September 2014
I was contracting there for a few months. My work was well paid and my colleagues friendly. I noticed more than average focus on jousting and focus on building internal reputations, sometime as the expense of company's performance and results.
Pros
Stable corporation and not discriminatory
Cons
Infighting
Fast paced, challenging, but a great company to work for
Tax Coordinator Year end temp (Former Employee) –  3250 Bloor Street West30 October 2013
ADP is a world class company to work for, I loved the people I worked with, management staff are great an overall great workplace,Tax year end was very high paced as it is a very short time span to complete all changes, having a great team to work with made things a lot smoother
It was not a fun work place
Print & Insert Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 December 2012
My co-workers were very good I was a coordinator in the production area. The Supervisor had no skills with regards to mentoring and motivating employees and upper management never provided employees with the necessary information about the direction in which the company was going.
Dynamic Culture
Sales Consultant, Insurance Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2015
Great dynamic culture. ADP focuses on people as its most important resources however, different departments work in silos and collaboration across departments is poor to non-existent.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
people can be overworked
Best place to work.
Senior Quality Assurance analyst (Former Employee) –  Montreal5 April 2015
Good work culture with proper rules and regulations.
Fun loving work environment and proper leadership. Had overcome many hardships which in-turn thought me many lessons to make a better professional out of me.
ADP Canada / USA - Great Place to Work
ITIL Service Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississagua, ON24 February 2014
ADP Canada / USA a global company producing payroll and payroll related services.

I grew both professional and personally while working at ADP and I would recommend others to work there.
Benefits
Cons
Parking at some locations
productive and fast work environment
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC24 September 2014
the most changing job in this project is communication between team and random change requests. WFN ADP has 5 global teams in different countries, almost 300 people working on one project, 60 QA team working on project.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.