ADP

ADP Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very good place to work. Too bad they eliminated so many positions
Sr. QA Engineer / QA Engineer (Current Employee), Monroe Township NJSeptember 6, 2014
I always enjoyed going to work. I learned man software applications. Co-workers were the best; friendly, sociable and helpful.
Industry leader
Advantage Sales and Marketing (Former Employee), San Dimas, caSeptember 5, 2014
Training is first rate, there is a reason this company is the industry leader.
Good opportunity to grow
Solution Design Manager (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJSeptember 5, 2014
Good teamwork with fellow associates. Technology is always changing so you are always learning.
Worked at ADP for 9 years
Production Support Analyst / Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Lynnwood, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: worked from home
Cons: was laid off
Worked in garnishments, payroll processing. Enjoyed my co-workers and manager. I enjoyed working from home.
Changed jobs to benefit myself and enhance my career
Team Lead (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 1, 2014
Changed jobs to benefit myself and enhance my career. There was no advancement available.
Great Company with good Benefits and Compensation
Human Capital Management Consultant (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good benefits and compensation
Cons: difficult to find a work/life balance
Daily communication with Clients during the Implementation of their HRIS Database, including Employee Demographics, Running Reports, Employee Benefits, Employee Training and tracking Employee Certifications.

Project Management - Keeping on-track with Client's timeline to have the Implementation complete within their timeframe and working around their – more... busy schedules.

Hard to find a Work/Life Balance

Enjoyed working with Clients to their satisfaction on the Implementation of the HRIS Database. – less
verymuch productive and obediant
Senior Oracle DBA (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 29, 2014
• Over eight years of Oracle Production DBA experience with ORACLE 11gR1, 11gR2,10g, 9i, 8i on UNIX/Red Hat Linux/Sun Solaris/AIX
• 2 years’ experience on MS SQL Server 2000,2005 on Microsoft 2000 and 2003
• Migration of Oracle databases from 9i to 10g on Solaris platform and from 10g to 11G on Red Hat Linux platform
• Oracle Database monitoring using – more... Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) Grid Control and SQL Tuning
• Excellent DBA expertise with Production Database and Data Warehouse Administration, Performance Tuning, High Availability, Architecture Design, Infrastructure Analysis, Backup & Recovery, Disk Storage, Data Security.
• Expert in Administration, Productivity and Modeling Tools including OEM, RMAN, Exp/Imp, Data Pump, Option Packs/OLAP/Partition/RAC, Erwin, TOAD, SQL, Home-made Scripts /Tools.
• Sound knowledge in Programming such as UNIX Shell Scripting, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Java, VB.
• Expert in Production Database Daily Administration (such as data loading, data processing, job scheduling via OEM, UNIX Crontab) and Data Warehouse maintenance (such as partitioning tables, creating materialized views).
• Provide database access support and management services to clients (in-house Application Developers and Programmers)
• Installed Oracle Server Upgrades and Security Patches as per ORACLE requirement
• Expert in High Availability technologies such as Oracle 9i RAC, Oracle10g RAC, Data Guard/Standby Database, Database Replication/Clone. – less
Solid company with growth potential
Operations Analyst (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIAugust 28, 2014
Good place to learn and grown. I started here right out of high school doing data entry and moved up through the ranks. So there is potential for a lot of learning and growth.
ADP was a good place to work during that time. It was a very big company with different departments. I worked for the Rental Department..
Group Leader/Assist Supervisor of Data Entry (Former Employee), Clifton, NJAugust 28, 2014
Pros: we were able to leave once the daily work was complete; and still get paid for it.
Cons: healthcare was good in those days.
A typical day at work was data entry. Data entry was about production and getting the workout with speed and accuracy. We got paid according to our ability to get the work completed and with accuracy. I was then promoted to Assistant Supervisor and it was my responsibility to close down the system each night and work with the computer room to make all – more... data was secured. I learned be accurate was very important and being reliable. Management was was good. My co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was the 2nd shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was completing the data on a daily bases. – less
Multi-cultural environment to work
Senior Director Internal Audit International (Former Employee), Brussels, BelgiumAugust 28, 2014
Pros: opportunity to travel all around the world and, meet a lot of people with different types of experience.
Cons: not always easily compatible with family life.
Very multi-cultural function where you learn every day new things.
Very challenging as processes are evolving all the time and risk as well. I had the opportunity to work with a great team, dedicated and motivated.
nice cmpany to work for, always finding fun ways to keep the employees happy.
Benefit Counselor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 26, 2014
Answering inbound calls for the Federal Government and informing them on their FSAFEDS accounts

Processing claims toward their accounts.

Requesting changes to the account for participants and setting up accounts.
Good.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 25, 2014
I enjoyed working here. It was just a drive for me. Everything else was great.
Great company, great benefits but extremely stressful
Payroll Representative III (Current Employee), MiamiAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great company, wonderful benefits
Cons: very stressful
The company is great and I was very happy in my previous role within the company but transitioned over to grow in my career. In this department, the employees aren't sufficiently valued. The job is extremely stressful and there isn't enough support provided by the management team which is very frustrating to the employees within this department. We – more... are constantly asked to go above and beyond but its difficult when we are over loaded with accounts and bombarded with work. It's not possible to properly service the clients in that manner. – less
Stable and Challenging
Principal Applications Developer (Current Employee), Roseland,NJAugust 22, 2014
Stable and Challenging environment.
Focused projects with tight deadlines.
Great Experience
Network Customer Technical Analyst II (Current Employee), El Paso, TxAugust 20, 2014
The environment was professional. I learned a lot about networking from my leadership and co-workers.
Incompetence and antiquated
IT management (Current Employee), USAugust 19, 2014
Pros: they offer a pension - that's about it
Cons: how much time do you have.... long list
If you want to work with fellow managers who lack industry knowledge and watch people get promoted based on the buddy system or tenure (not skill), go to adp. If you want to lose skills you worked hard to learn, go to adp and work like it is 1980.

Nothing cutting edge to work in as an IT manager, surrounded by people who lack skill and motivation. – more... This is where to go when you are ready to stop being challenged and eat jello. I came to adp after working at the best companies in the US and it is a huge mistake --- unless you like dinosaurs. I'm under the age of 70 so I am already looking to leave after only a few months- this is a graveyard for career growth and self respect.

I am in IT management at adp. I don't even want this on my resume- it tarnishes the good places I've worked at.

Final note, I asked very specific questions about the team, projects, and tools in my interview- to get me to take the job, they clearly were so desperate or ashamed that they lied to me on each point and did not in any way accurately answer my questions. – less
Big company
IT – Technical and Applications Management (Current Employee), Florham Park, NJAugust 18, 2014
Pros: large company
Cons: innovation process is slow
You will work with very smart people who are specialists in their areas. A very stable company with lots of opportunities to learn and grow if have the right boss.
Challenging and Energetic Environment
Teledata Representative (Former Employee), Buena Park, CAAugust 18, 2014
Nice Company to be apart of. Learned many different aspects of the company, very diverse, goal-oriented, and self driven.
Senior Member Technical
Senior Member Technical (Current Employee), Hyderabad, APAugust 16, 2014
• Analysis of specifications provided by client
• Development using C# , Asp.net and Web Services
• Testing - unit testing and integration testing
• Deployment
A massive company with blinders
Partner Manager (Current Employee), Barcelona, CTAugust 14, 2014
Pros: fresh eco friendly fruit twice and day, above average salary
Cons: strict business culture, leadership, creative minds beware!
I worked at ADP streamline for 2 months, I was very disappointed in the level of leadership, technology and overall maturity of the this division, obviously ADP is a massive conglomerate and is very well know worldwide, however the streamline division is not for all, especially those with opinions, critical observations of internal processes and with – more... an attitude of the "client comes first". – less

About ADP

Automatic Data Processing, Inc. (ADP) is engaged in providing business outsourcing solutions. ADP offers a range of human resource – Read more