ADP Employee Reviews in Canada

Dynamic and enjoyable place to work at
Senior Oracle DBA (contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONNovember 9, 2015
Enjoyed working in an Agile team with some great people, on a complex payroll application using a range of technologies. People across the board willing to help out and share knowledge.
Great environment
Inside Sales /Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 22, 2015
Fun sales environment
Management needs to communicate better
Great co workers
Online solution at the time was out of date
Pros
Great sales team
Cons
Low compensation
Payroll
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSJune 3, 2015
• Keyed payroll accurately kept up with the current legislations changes.
• Wrote and delivered manual records of employment for clients, meeting mandatory 5 business day deadline consistently after employment was terminated
• Administered service according to Stellar Service guidelines, maintaining customer satisfaction expectations while enhancing reputation of company.
• Offered excellent customer service by accurately and efficiently helping clients enter payroll information, ensuring satisfaction during each call.
Pros
Love working for company
Cons
no cons about this company
ADP had a wonderful work environment and treated the employees fair.
Telephone Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2015
I worked part-time providing payroll input in the Small Business Solutions Department.

With over 9 years working as a Telephone Service Representative I've learned interpersonal and customer service skills.

Management was always open to hearing my ideas and concerns when it came to making improvement in the department.

By developing a relationship with each individual, we worked together to resolve even complex issues. You will find that my work ethic is well developed, and I consistently pay attention to detail whether working as an individual, or as part of a team.

On a personal note, working with others is a highlight of my past roles, as it gives me great personal satisfaction.
Pros
On high volume days healthy lunches were provided to us.
Good for junior BA.
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 14, 2015
Learn to implement systems and deal with clients. Good training ground. Salary can be improved. If they have the time co-workers can be helpful. Do not let difficult clients annoy you.
Pros
Average support from co-workers.
Cons
Difficult clients
Great Work Place
District Manager (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 6, 2015
ADP is a great company to work for. They have allowed me the opportunity to grow and build success while giving me the needed support. Career opportunities can be endless although the salary pay is relatively low from an industry standpoint.
Colleagues are great team players
Customer Service Representative, Payroll (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BCMarch 24, 2015
8-5 shift with 1 hr lunch, 8:30-5 with half hr lunch
Extremely busy period from December to February, therefore no vacation allowed to be taken
Busy most of the day dealing with incoming calls
By the end of the day you'll want to veg out by doing something totally non work related
Colleagues are great to work with
Hardest part is analyzing and resolving client issues
If you don't know the programming very well it will slow you down
Best to ask one of your colleagues for assistance
Most enjoyable part is resolving a client's issue quickly and to their satisfaction
Unfortunately most of these jobs are becoming off-shored
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Off-Shoring
Worst company
Client service representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCMarch 24, 2015
I've never been so unhappy working for a company . The managers like to micromanage, they don't know what they are doing, and favour employees . No room for advancement , empty promises , and backstabbing . They do not do what's best for clients or even treat their employees with respect . I would not recommend even to my greatest enemy a job here . Don't be fooled by the pay, your sanity is worth way more than that .
Great Company
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QCJanuary 5, 2015
At ADP you work hard,they are extremely dedicated to their clients needs, and ensuring that each and every clients payroll is complete by deadline no matter what amongst other things. It's a very rewarding company to work for they offer great work life balance, constant focus on your career growth, good pay, benefits, and all the little things they do for each and every employee.
Good culture, bad management
Senior Outside Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BCFebruary 3, 2015
ADP is like many fortune 500 companies, there is lots of red tape and they do a great job of getting in their own way.

Politics and management blunders are very high here and if you can avoid those traps ADP can be a great company to work for. Expectations are average.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
no room for advancement
Excellent place to work
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 30, 2015
ADP is a great organization to work with- very employee centric and good work life balance. Learnt a lot and enjoying working here.
Dynamic Culture
Sales Consultant, Insurance Solutions (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 30, 2015
Great dynamic culture. ADP focuses on people as its most important resources however, different departments work in silos and collaboration across departments is poor to non-existent.
Pros
fast paced environment
Cons
people can be overworked
Interactive team envrionment
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  calgary, AlbertaJanuary 9, 2013
I would come to my office job and prepare for a day of working with teams. I have learned how to be a team player, work indiepedently and develop my skills in administration. My coworkers were easy to get along with and very helpful to guide me through my job. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and demanding projects. The most enjoyable part was to work with a great group of people
Pros
working with skilled people
Cons
very long hours
Great place to learn
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 17, 2013
My role in this company was to hunt business using our partnerships, RBC & BMO which was a great resource.
A typical day at work would be meeting 3-4 banks within a day and multiple calls to business owners to sell them on Payroll.The hardest part of this job was the busy schedule of driving from one part of the City to another.
I truly enjoyed the learning curve, ADP invested quite some time in their employees ie; Lunch and learn
Good team work
System Administrator / Implementation Eng (Current Employee) –  MississaugaMay 20, 2015
Enjoying good team work and learning new thing by resolving issues
every other week having team lunch and going out for team building exercises.
National Sales Support
(QC) - National Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCOctober 23, 2014
Main Tasks :
Provide administrative and logistis support to the Sales department
Generate prospect list and follow up on leads
Create quotations followed by contracts in two languages
Apply ADP policy on contracts
Place orders and do the follow up
Issue financial reports on sales status on monthly basis
Fun place to work
TAX COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Ont.May 3, 2013
Typical day at work was attending to the most urgent requests from CSRs.

Learned something about payroll and taxation.

Some managers are considerate.

Got along with co-workers.

Hardest part of the job was during year end when there was tight deadlines.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when the urgents were successfully transmitted.
Pros
free lunch, games
Cons
when the system is down
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 30, 2015
Work was very challenging and fun.
Co workers were supportive and ready to lend a helping hand when needed.
Promoted education.
Great benefits, free parking, potential to grow your career with lots of opportunities coming up in the Dartmouth office.
Client Services Advisor (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 26, 2013
Great position for those who are starting their career and/or looking to grow within a company with alot of growth opportunity currently in the Dartmouth office.
Pros
free parking, great benefits, tuition incentive plan
Cons
salary on the low side of market; shift work
Did not like working there
ONLINE MARKETING MANGER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 9, 2014
I was contracting there for a few months. My work was well paid and my colleagues friendly. I noticed more than average focus on jousting and focus on building internal reputations, sometime as the expense of company's performance and results.
Pros
stable corporation and not discriminatory
Cons
infighting