ADP Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Payroll Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 October 2017
I loved working here. I did payrolls by phone. I loved the managers, the clients, and everything about this job. If it weren't for us moving out of province, i'd still be there.
Great place to start your career, and learn how to sell
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2017
ADP had many ups and downs. They have a very structured environment and hands-on training which is great for any new-comers to the sales industry.

Management has a Micromanagement style, so you must get comftorable making your boss look really good and being watched closely.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Too many politics and red tape.
Adp
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
Great company would tell anyone to apply great pay and great training. We help you to succeed and also helps you to elevate to the next level. Always willing to educate yourselves
Good company overall
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
ADP is a good company overall. ADP US is a greater place where all important decisions are made and technical people are valued.
ADP Canada follows the direction of headquarter and since there is not much innovation happening technical people are on the backseat and managers and directors are running the show.
Dedication, enthusiasm, potluck
Bilingual Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Everyone delivers professional look. Client satisfaction is our priority and every case is dealt with a great care and delicate fashion. Management team always happy to assist.
Good place to start out your career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2017
Management changed a lot recently and personally made me resent my job a little. Very "American" now in type of culture, only focussed on results and forecasting. It has lost its humain touch lately. Otherwise its a good first job (inside sales) make you learn the ropes and how the sales world works. Its great when you have good numbers, you get treated very well then. Opportunity for growth is not given to all, a little unfair but personally I had a good experience with it. Wether you like working there or not will depend on your team and on your manager.
Pros
Good money when numbers are achieved
Cons
Feels like a call centre now
Salaries are modest but benefits are good the management tells us
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2017
The business unit I worked for was acquired by ADP and later spun off so i don't have a lot of experience with ADP management but others told me the goal was mediocrity.
Good for experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 August 2017
Very cut and dry. No room for opinions or suggestions on how to improve processes and procedures. Limited room for professional growth. Staff not always approachable.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No room for growth
good place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2017
It's been a while since I worked at ADP. When I started I was still young and trying to figure out what career path I should take. Not much to say other than it's a good place to work at.
Would have like to stay
Senior Trust Accountant - Contract (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 August 2017
I enjoyed working for ADP on assignment. Would have loved to stay but some of the department was moved to Halifax. Was not interested in relocating.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Could not stay as jobs were movved to Halifax

Want to know more about ADP?

Ask a question
Great place to learn
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 August 2017
ADP encourages its employees to pursue their studies. They also cover the cost for courses and allow time for exams to be completed during work hours. The culture and work environment are excellent here. However, employees are pushed to take on more and more accounts to generate more revenue. As a result, finishing at 5 on a regular basis can be difficult
Pros
ADP pays for courses, excellent teamwork, wonderful colleagues
Cons
Unpaid overtime, constant push to take on more work, work-life balance is not easily achieved
Good stepping stone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 August 2017
Worked here as my 2nd sales job. Good training and onboarding. They try to set you up for success. Had issues with leaders micro-managing and couldn't take it anymore. Watching lunch hours and clocking us in and out. Wasn't very professional
Pros
Good team atmosphere
Cons
poor leader
Fun Place to work
Sr. Channel Manager - Financial Institutions (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2017
Fun friendly environment. Management was very supportive and helped with development to move up within the organization. Very competitive environment.
Pros
great work life balance
Cons
Some managers under qualified
Bad corporate atmosphere
Infrastructure & Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 June 2017
Management is from the US. That being said there is little thought given to Canadian staff. There is little help to move up in the company. Management is not very engaged, especially when they're located in US.
Pros
Well known company
Cons
Bad corporate management
Great place to work and rewarding!
client service representative (Current Employee) –  Burnside, NS5 June 2017
Currently I’m working as a client service representative where I've learned a lot regarding payroll and system access. I've had the pleasure to work with a great team, that helps out quite a bit.
Innovative and high standards for customer service
National Account Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 May 2017
What a welcoming company. So full of energy. The moment you arrive at your desk you were busy learning something new with either technology or payroll legislation. Given the highest standard of training and tools to accomplish high quality survey scores. I enjoyed working and learning with this company. You need to dedicate much of your personal time to excel. Management had an open door concept and was very approachable.
Pros
Spending time away from the office with some amazing people
Cons
Long hours can be straining for family oriented individuals whose family require time.
A good company for compliance-focused employees
Learning and development consultant (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 May 2017
A good place to work if you're looking for a stable, well structured, not too challenging, secure job.
Not as good a place to work if you want to advance in your career, especially is working in a remote office.
Pros
work-life balance, benefits, structure
Cons
long decision-making process, no room for personal initiative, demagoguery from management
Good job but lacked opportunity
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario4 May 2017
Only person in office
Management not very supportive
Installed new computer system while there
No benefits or advancement opportunities
Hardest part of job was trying to please management
Management didn't understand accounting
Pros
Being only person in office and left alone quite a bit
Cons
Lack of support from management
Millennium1 Solutions
Timekeeper and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 April 2017
• Opened customer accounts by recording account information
• Maintained customer records by updating account information.
• Resolved products or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; follow up to ensure resolution.
• Maintained financial accounts by processing customer adjustments.
Nice place to work, excellent company culture!
System Specialist/Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
I have spent more than 16 years working for ADP, a great company and a nice place to work. Should I get a second chance, I will select to work for this company again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.