ADP Employee Reviews

Productive and Cool Company
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  National Capital Region3 December 2017
A safe workplace environment to work in. the company encourage community and charitable works. the people are welcoming and have the pen mindedness to collaborate and work with there colleagues.
Customer Service oriented business
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 November 2017
* Team environment
* Customer service oriented
* Processing of company level changes of payroll for large company
* Good communication between departments and teams
Pros
Large company
Cons
There are Better companies to work for
Sr.Technical Analyst/Developer - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Mississaugua18 November 2017
Not a great place to work . Management s poor. Budgets given for Canadian operations is less . No budget for training. Can be stressful IT cilmate
Stellar Service
Program Manager, Field Initiatives (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2017
Wonderful company culture that focuses on providing stellar service to its clients. Great place to work that focuses on team building and building client relationships.
Typical day at work
Trust Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2017
Shoot fund status reports at scheduled interval to various stakeholders, that's what kept me busy in the morning till afternoon
Job rotation every month for all in department.
Fast-paced, great opportunities to learn.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Islington and Bloor, Toronto, ON.19 October 2017
Fast-paced, aggressive timelines, but able to work from home. Honed my Captivate skills while working there.
Hardest part of the job was commuting from home to work - from east GTA to west GTA, but balanced with working from home.
Culture was very hectic, but had opportunities to be very creative.
Pros
Creative aspect of the job. Great management team when I worked there.
Cons
Long hours, department was under-staffed.
Good pay - very stressful -lots of office politics
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 October 2017
Lots of politics amongst the sales leaders and who they choose as their favorites. More attention needs to be paid to everyone's success - better more experienced managers are necessary to do this. Also, time off is an earned privilege- don't make it seem like it's a burden for your staff to take the time off they need. We are human beings not robots. The benefits are fantastic and they pay is decent for Small business but more time can be spent developing and retaining talent. More attention needs to be paid towards your staff mental health - there are people suffering from severe anxiety and are looked down upon as weak. Try and understand your sales staff better
Pros
Free lunches from time to time, Sometimes get to leave the office at 4/4:30pm on Fridays, Opportunity for advancement
Cons
Long hours, Lots of politics with Management, Not much support
Great Place to work
Payroll Technician (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS13 October 2017
I loved working here. I did payrolls by phone. I loved the managers, the clients, and everything about this job. If it weren't for us moving out of province, i'd still be there.
Good place to start.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
Good place to start. If you are fresh out of school this is definitely a great place to start. Brings people out of their shell if they are an introvert.
Great place to start your career, and learn how to sell
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 September 2017
ADP had many ups and downs. They have a very structured environment and hands-on training which is great for any new-comers to the sales industry.

Management has a Micromanagement style, so you must get comftorable making your boss look really good and being watched closely.
Pros
Learned alot
Cons
Too many politics and red tape.
Adp
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2017
Great company would tell anyone to apply great pay and great training. We help you to succeed and also helps you to elevate to the next level. Always willing to educate yourselves
Good company overall
Technical Architect (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 September 2017
ADP is a good company overall. ADP US is a greater place where all important decisions are made and technical people are valued.
ADP Canada follows the direction of headquarter and since there is not much innovation happening technical people are on the backseat and managers and directors are running the show.
Dedication, enthusiasm, potluck
Bilingual Technical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Everyone delivers professional look. Client satisfaction is our priority and every case is dealt with a great care and delicate fashion. Management team always happy to assist.
Good place to start out your career
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 September 2017
Management changed a lot recently and personally made me resent my job a little. Very "American" now in type of culture, only focussed on results and forecasting. It has lost its humain touch lately. Otherwise its a good first job (inside sales) make you learn the ropes and how the sales world works. Its great when you have good numbers, you get treated very well then. Opportunity for growth is not given to all, a little unfair but personally I had a good experience with it. Wether you like working there or not will depend on your team and on your manager.
Pros
Good money when numbers are achieved
Cons
Feels like a call centre now
Salaries are modest but benefits are good the management tells us
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2017
The business unit I worked for was acquired by ADP and later spun off so i don't have a lot of experience with ADP management but others told me the goal was mediocrity.
Good for experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 August 2017
Very cut and dry. No room for opinions or suggestions on how to improve processes and procedures. Limited room for professional growth. Staff not always approachable.
Pros
Pto
Cons
No room for growth
good place
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 August 2017
It's been a while since I worked at ADP. When I started I was still young and trying to figure out what career path I should take. Not much to say other than it's a good place to work at.
Would have like to stay
Senior Trust Accountant - Contract (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 August 2017
I enjoyed working for ADP on assignment. Would have loved to stay but some of the department was moved to Halifax. Was not interested in relocating.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Could not stay as jobs were movved to Halifax
Great place to learn
Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 August 2017
ADP encourages its employees to pursue their studies. They also cover the cost for courses and allow time for exams to be completed during work hours. The culture and work environment are excellent here. However, employees are pushed to take on more and more accounts to generate more revenue. As a result, finishing at 5 on a regular basis can be difficult
Pros
ADP pays for courses, excellent teamwork, wonderful colleagues
Cons
Unpaid overtime, constant push to take on more work, work-life balance is not easily achieved
Good stepping stone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC3 August 2017
Worked here as my 2nd sales job. Good training and onboarding. They try to set you up for success. Had issues with leaders micro-managing and couldn't take it anymore. Watching lunch hours and clocking us in and out. Wasn't very professional
Pros
Good team atmosphere
Cons
poor leader

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ADP. Our community is ready to answer.