For over 50 years, we’ve designed and manufactured industry-leading exhaust systems ranging from standard mufflers, to custom-engineered exhaust and emission solutions to meet tomorrow’s environmental demands.
While we’re renowned for advancing the solutions behind spark ignited gasoline engine and diesel exhaust management systems, it’s our dedication to providing our customers with unparalleled service that is the hallmark of our company.
We are currently looking for a Project Manager, Program Management. This position will be responsible for the coordination of assigned customer projects and specifically New Product Introduction (NPI). This role will liaise with other departments (including Application Sales, Engineering, Production, Procurement and Quality) to ensure a smooth and timely launch of products.
- Accountable for on time submission of customer requirements for product launch (Design Review, Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), prototype requirements, packing, volume ramp, etc.), and on budget launch of projects.
- Support operations in all aspects including cost controls, planning, scheduling and estimating.
- Prepare and transmit submittals (drawings, materials) to client for approval.
- Attend project meetings and assist in various project studies and standards development.
- Maintain project database including timelines for tooling, delivery dates and request for quotes.
- Be responsible for the development of project plans and costing.
- Facilitate stakeholder relations with customers, vendors, suppliers and internal departments.
- Coordinate work with cross-functional team leaders, monitor and report on project status.
- Initiate plans and ideas for cost reduction and/or quality improvement measures during the launch process.
- Conduct Project Planning/Phasing Meetings with Sales, Engineering, Procurement and Production and monitor activity/progress on a regular basis.
- Assist with project related activities that include follow-up from project meetings, project documentation and meeting preparations.
- Participate in department meetings to further develop the department objectives.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- University Degree and/or College Diploma in related field, a background in Mechanical Engineering considered an asset.
- 5 plus years of previous experience working in a similar capacity within a manufacturing environment. Metal fabrication and OEM experience preferred.
- Must have PMP Designation
- Must have past success and experience managing large contracts and major account customers.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend and influence effective solutions and decision making.
- Self-driven, results-oriented person who is comfortable dealing with all departments and levels both internally and within our customers' organizations.
- Proven ability to liaise effectively between customer and internal engineering teams.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast paced environment with multiple and changing priorities and aggressive deadlines.
- Results oriented and enthusiastic for consistently providing exceptional customer service.
Technical aptitude to read and interpret mechanical specifications and drawings.
- Strong computer skills with advanced experience in Excel, MS Project and Access database
Only qualified candidates will be selected for interviews. No agencies or phone calls please.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard