We are looking for dynamic, organized and results-oriented individuals to join our purchasing team. We service customers in all sectors of activity including industrial, environmental, biotech, pharmaceutical, food and dairy, health care, educational and all levels of government. The buyer will be responsible for placing purchase orders, tracking shipments, sourcing new products to meet customer requirements, inventory control, logistics and supply chain management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Place purchase orders on a timely basis
- Source new products/chemicals on a required basis
- Find alternate sources for discontinued items and items with delivery problems
- Process receipt reports daily
- Run replenishment reports
Supply Chain Management
- Setup new vendors, review policies, discounts etc. and create vendor files
- Maintain vendor files and update vendor price lists
- Negotiate supply agreements and/or contracts with vendors, taking into account cost, quality, service and payment terms
- Monitor the service level for each vendor
- Mitigate risks with the vendors and put in place business continuity plans for critical cases
- Set up an effective network of carriers across North America
- Monitor inbound and outbound freight and look for cost saving alternatives
- Customs clearance and brokerage
- Negotiate contracts/rates with carriers (courier, LTL, air, marine)
- Maintain data integrity in purchasing database
- Work in close collaboration with the Operations Department to ensure efficient production planning
- Investigate stock discrepancies
- Make adjustments for discrepancies, n/c shipments, credits and returns
- Maintain licensing for the purchasing and reselling of regulated products
- Monitor dead stock, return or code future disposition
- Monitor lead times
- Participate in inventory counts/cycle counts
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a purchasing role. However, the position is open to candidates of varying levels of experience.
- Salary and scope for the position, including scope of supervisory or managerial responsibilities if applicable, will be commensurate with the experience level of the successful candidate.
- Academic/professional training in programs related to Sciences, Purchasing/Procurement, Logistics, Inventory Control, Negotiating and any other such training programs is an added asset.
- Excellent Bilingual communication skills, written and spoken
- Good command of MS Office
- Strong time management and organization abilities
If you feel that you have the skills required for this position, apply now by sending your cover letter and resume to:
Sabrina De Cristofano – Inside Sales Manager
tel: 514-327-0323, ext. 115
We thank all applicants for your interest, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Indeed - 11 months ago