ACM Facility Safety, a division of ACM Automation Inc., is Canada’s leading independent consulting and technology provider in the fields of Process/Functional Safety Management, Risk Assessment and Process Safety Lifecycle services. Over the last 15 years, operating from our head office in Calgary, ACM has helped some of the world’s largest operating and engineering companies become self-sufficient leaders and ambassadors for Functional Safety.
ACM presently requires Senior PSM Engineers/Technologists to expand our team of employees who are passionate about process safety, exhibit attention to detail and provide excellence in project delivery.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced Engineer/Technologist who has demonstrated leadership. You have 10+ years of experience in the world of Process Safety Management in the Oil and Gas petrochemical sector (petrochemical, gas, pipeline, heavy oil, fertilizer, mining, utilities). Technical facilitation experience in other areas such as Reliability Centered Maintenance is also acceptable.
You have demonstrated a passion for process safety and are keen to elevate your career in Process Hazard Analysis through innovation and a mind set of continuous improvement with a world leader in the rapidly evolving fields of Process Safety Management.
- Proven Facilitation expertise.(HAZOP, FMEA, What-If, HAZID)
- Self-motivated, strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. (English)
- Ability to interface with a diverse customer base.
- Results driven and customer focused.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Gains personal satisfaction in the ability to take a lead position in a team environment.
We want a leader who can drive results while fostering strong relationships with clients, regulatory bodies and industry leaders. Ultimately, if you are innovative, passionate about process safety, a trustworthy mentor and a reliable leader you have the character, motivation and capabilities we need.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead Process Safety and HSE/Risk Management consulting projects.
- Lead the upgrading or modernizing of client Safeguard Systems.
- Leading PHA (HAZOP, FMEA, What-If, HAZID) and Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Determination studies for clients.
- Develop and deliver Safety and Risk Training seminars and presentations.
- Lead Reliability and Availability analysis of Control and Safety Systems.
- Provide Risk Identification/Assessment Services
- Prepare for, facilitate and write reports for PHA (HAZOP, FMEA, What-If, HAZID) studies.
- Prepare for, facilitate and write reports for SIL Assessment and Validation studies.
- Assist in the development and delivery of ACM Training Courses.
- Mentoring and guiding all team members.
Education and Qualification:
- Engineering degree or Technologist diploma with experience in engineering operations or maintenance.
- 10+ years of experience in the Oil and Gas related Industries.
- Entrepreneurial mind set.
- Aptitude for innovation.
- Excellent computing and typing skills.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management.
- PHA facilitation experience or extensive participation experience with a passion to learn.
- Process, mechanical or chemical design experience or extensive operating experience in Oil & Gas facilities.
- Experience in reading process and mechanical drawings (PFD, P&ID).
- Experience in producing technical reports.
- Able to read and interpret shutdown keys, instrument diagrams, etc.
- Experience working in a consulting engineering office environment.
- Experience with PHA software (ie, PHAPro).
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Systems (i.e. fire & gas, deluge, ESD, SIS).
- PHA/HAZOP/SIL Instrumentation Knowledge.
ACM Automation Inc. is a leading Canadian independent consulting and technology company that leverages our experience in Safety Automation...