ACM Advisors Ltd. (“ACM”) provides fixed income investment solutions and commercial mortgage financing. ACM is dedicated to providing our investors with superior returns on investments in pooled funds of mortgages and related fixed income securities backed by quality Canadian real estate properties. We accomplish this goal through well-established sources of investment opportunities along with prudent underwriting and timely decision-making, implemented with the expertise and experience of our professional management.
Location: Yaletown (Vancouver)
Reports to: SVP – Investments
Direct reports: n/a
The Senior Real Estate Analyst is responsible for working closely with the Senior VP – Investments in sourcing and underwriting new mortgage investment opportunities.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Coordinate the timely preparation of financing proposals, providing recommendations and analysis with attention made to ensure compliance with the company’s established lending guidelines and procedures, making recommendations for amendments to the guidelines and procedures as appropriate;
- Collects and analyzes information that reflects the current creditworthiness of borrowers and risks in the proposed mortgage investments and properties to be secured. Is expected to obtain information through direct inspection of the applicant’s business and/or collateral, review of interim financial reports, and personal interviews;
- Provide and review market analysis on potential financing opportunities and existing financing investments, including economic market commentary, neighbourhood analysis, competitive property discussions, and their implications for financings investments;
- Prepare and review valuations of real estate assets for financing purposes, including analysis of pro-forma and historical financial information in rent rolls, operating statements and other sources;
- Complete and review economic valuation and historical property analysis of new loan inquiries using company standards. Will also identify most of the strengths, weaknesses and mitigating factors of proposed investments;
- Analyze and review the tenants of mortgaged properties, tenant history, tenant financial reviews, and general tenant market trends;
- Develop and maintain relationships in the commercial real estate industry to further current market knowledge, competition and market trends;
- Travels to perform property inspections as part of new deal origination and existing investments through coordination with the Mortgage Investment Administrator;
- Monitor underwriting trends in assigned duties and provide appropriate feedback for improvements as needed;
- Works closely with the Funding Specialist/Legal Administrator on investment fundings; and
- Other ad hoc projects from senior management as requested.
- Strong attention to detail, pro-active and a self-starter;
- Analytical nature with a strong drive to learn about information and analysis techniques;
- Able to research from disparate, and sometimes limited, information sources to support findings and recommendations;
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate large amounts of information into clear, concise and relevant written and verbal communications;
- Basic to intermediate understanding of commercial property operating statements, rent rolls and other property documentation;
- 2-10 years of experience preferred in a similar role or role with similar attributes in the commercial real estate sector;
- Sound technical knowledge of secured lending and factors affecting the commercial mortgage market;
- Familiarity with financial statements and financial ratio analysis;
- Bachelor of Commerce, or equivalent;
- Personable with excellent interpersonal and time management skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint,
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a bonus; and
- Established organization skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to hr @ acma.ca (no spaces) with a reference to “Senior Real Estate Analyst” in the subject line. Applications should be submitted by Friday, July 25th, 2014. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.