ACM Advisors Ltd. (“ACM”) provides fixed income investment solutions and commercial mortgage financing. ACM is dedicated to providing our investors with superior returns on investments in pooled funds of mortgages and related fixed income securities backed by quality Canadian real estate properties. We accomplish this goal through well-established sources of investment opportunities along with prudent underwriting and timely decision-making, implemented with the expertise and experience of our professional management.
Location: Yaletown (Vancouver)
Reports to: Associate VP – Investment Services
Direct reports: n/a
The Funding Specialist/Legal Administrator is responsible for providing legal support, through creation and review of legal documents, for the mortgage investments in the ACM fund portfolios.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Preparation/review of term sheets, commitment letters and mortgage security documentation;
- Reviewing leases and preparing concise and accurate lease summaries;
- Leading and tracking the commercial mortgage funding process;
- Works closely with originators and external legal counsel;
- Collaborate with originators, Mortgage Investment Administrator and external legal counsel on special loan situations;
- Proactively drive transactions to closing by meeting documentation and process requirements and influencing others to meet deadlines while effectively maintaining relationships between customers, internal departments, and outside counsel;
- Determines closing requirements based on transaction structure after review of commitments and other approval documentation, and obtains satisfactory supporting documentation;
- Anticipates and resolves closing issues, as well as advocates and recommends solutions and alternatives to satisfy customer needs after balancing against risk and business requirements;
- Ensures compliance with all transaction requirements through the use of prudent closing practices and commercial lending standards;
- Coordinates closing process against deadlines, managing necessary documentation and applicable authorizations and consents;
- Manages and maintains all follow-up requirements associated with transaction;
- Coordinates documentation of loan extensions, modifications, and loan renewals;
- Ensure strong internal controls and quality assurance policies and procedures are in place, documented and adhered to at all times;
- Liaises with Mortgage Investment Administrator and Operations team on transferring investments to on-going portfolio maintenance;
- Works with Operations team on contracts with third party service providers;
- Title reviews for annual reviews of mortgage investments; and
- Other ad hoc projects from senior management as requested.
- Strong attention to detail, pro-active and a self-starter;
- 5-15 years of experience preferred in a similar role or role with similar attributes in the commercial real estate sector;
- Post-Secondary Education preferred, especially legal focused;
- Personable with excellent interpersonal and time management skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a bonus; and
- Established organization skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to hr @ acma.ca (no spaces) with a reference to “Funding Specialist / Legal Administrator” in the subject line. Applications should be submitted by Friday, July 25th, 2014. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.