ACM Advisors Ltd. (“ACM”) provides fixed income investment solutions and commercial mortgage financing. ACM is dedicated to providing our investors with superior returns on investments in pooled funds of mortgages and related fixed income securities backed by quality Canadian real estate properties. We accomplish this goal through well-established sources of investment opportunities along with prudent underwriting and timely decision-making, implemented with the expertise and experience of our professional management.
Location: Yaletown (Vancouver)
Reports to: SVP – Investments & CFO
Direct reports: Legal Administrator/Funding Specialist; Mortgage Investment Administrator
The AVP – Investment Services will be a senior leader responsible for managing the loan administration, funding and origination support functions of the Investments team.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Responsible for managing the administration and servicing of ACM’s loan portfolios, coordinating efforts between the Operations team, the Investment Services team and originators;
- Oversee and administer workflows and quality controls to ensure timely completion of assignments and staffing levels to meet the internal and external loan underwriting, documentation and administration needs;
- Supervision and training of employees to develop an effective and efficient team that cohesively works with other internal teams;
- Oversees the commercial mortgage funding/renewal/modification/payout processes;
- Implements and makes recommendations on enhancing existing internal policies and procedures;
- Project management function for the on-going improvement of internal systems and procedures;
- Validation of key information in the loan administration function;
- Responsible for overseeing the creation of periodic loan reports, including ‘watch-list’ and process tracking;
- Oversee monthly cash flow analyses to assess projected cash flow needs and valuations;
- Use financial models and quantitative assessment to present to senior management in depth analyses on different facets of the business;
- Responsible for communicating portfolio performance and progress status updates to senior management;
- Develop and maintain reporting tools for use by senior management to support strategic planning decisions;
- Review the creation of accurate and appropriately comprehensive reports/information for the Business Development team;
- Works with Operations team on contracts with third party service providers; and
- Other ad hoc projects from senior management as requested.
- Strong attention to detail and pro-active;
- Demonstrated ability to consolidate large amounts of information into clear, concise and relevant written and verbal communications;
- 10+ years of experience preferred with recent experience in a similar role or role with similar attributes in the commercial real estate sector;
- Bachelor of Commerce, or equivalent, CFA or Masters Degree is a plus;
- Personable with excellent interpersonal and time management skills;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a bonus; and
- Established organization skills with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
Interested applicants should email their cover letter and resume to hr @ acma.ca (no spaces) with a reference to “Associate VP – Investment Services” in the subject line. Applications should be submitted by Friday, July 25th, 2014. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.