Do you consider yourself professional and outgoing? Do you pride yourself in your customer service skills and multitasking abilities? Are you looking to join a company that was recognized for being one of Canada’s Top Ten Corporate Cultures? If so, we would love to hear from you. This is a great opportunity to grow your career with well-defined career paths in several areas. We put time and effort into onboarding and invest in our team member through training programs developed specifically for Acklands-Grainger. With over 2,300 team members and more than 165 branches from coast-to-coast, Acklands-Grainger is Canada's leading distributor of industrial, safety and fasteners.
We are currently looking for an INSIDE SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE for our Bonnyville location.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact, respond and follow up with customers on a daily basis, promptly responding to all inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner
- Sell a diversified line of products via phone, fax, email and over-the-counter, promoting Private Brands, NTS and eCommerce channels whenever possible
- Contribute proactively to improvements in branch profitability and product Gross Margin.
- Processing customer orders through the computer system, ensuring accuracy and prompt delivery
- Support the sales team through up selling, service, pricing, delivery and inventory inquiries
- Maintain a well-rounded knowledge of products sold
- Promote Company products and services to customers and provide substitutions where required
- Review open orders and backorders on a daily basis
- Adhere to the 5S program and take an active role in the branch’s cleanliness and maintenance
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance of safety policies and procedures of Occupational Health & Safety Act, WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, and all related governing legislation
- Provide leadership and ensure continued exceptional customer service by the branch team, when required
- Support Branch Manager by assisting with everyday operational/administrative functions, when required
- Other branch support related duties including but not limited to supporting the warehouse functions as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of 1 to 2 years previous customer service experience is required
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and personal commitment to get the job done
- Demonstrated focus on “wowing” the customer with exceptional service
- Team-player and an ability to work independently
- Knowledge of industrial and/or safety products is preferred
- Superior interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills to effectively build relationships
- Strong communication skills, ability to convey message in an organized, clear and effective manner
- A self-starter, taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with proven ability to adhere to tight deadlines
- Proficient computer skills and aptitude
- Knowledge of dangerous goods and WHMIS regulations is required
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle (if driving required)
- Completion of High School Diploma/Post-Secondary education or equivalent work experience
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent base salary with potential for monthly bonus
- Advancement opportunities
- Group health benefit package, including pension plan
- Work for one of Canada’s Top Ten Corporate Culture
We regret that only those candidates being considered will be contacted, but we thank you in advance for considering Acklands-Grainger Inc.
Please, no agency solicitation or phone calls. Acklands-Grainger is an equal opportunity employer. Come visit us at www.acklandsgrainger.com
Indeed - 11 months ago