Industrial Technician Required
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with well-defined career paths in several areas. We have on-boarding and training programs developed specifically for Acklands-Grainger team members. With over 2,300 employees and more than 165 branches from coast-to-coast, Acklands-Grainger is Canada's leading distributor of industrial, safety and fasteners. Come work for a company that centers their work environment around 6 core values of Learning, Agility, Empowerment and Accountability, Having Fun, Ethics and Integrity, and Teamwork.
Current Opportunities: Edmonton
What would you do?
- Prepare estimates for repair or service on authorized work orders
- Responsible for testing, repairing, and certification of equipment in accordance with accepted standards and practices
- Maintain Parts inventory and work area in an orderly fashion
- Test equipment to confirm operating performance and completes required documentation
- Actively support Company values by encouraging team to suggest new ideas, be accountable for actions, work as a team and keep abreast of new product and opportunities
- Required to obtain 2 designated manufacturer certifications within 1st year of employment
- Package customer orders in a safe manner for shipping
- Keep thorough records and submit daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Observe safety policies and procedures of Occupational Health & Safety Act and any other pertinent legislation governing positions
- Other duties and responsibilities as required for the position
What do you need?
- Grade 12 with additional related technical courses
- Previous experience in industrial/safety maintenance of the above mentioned products
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude with 2 years pertinent experience
- Basic mathematical proficiency
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and valid driver’s license
- Ability and desire to work in a team environment
- Some computer skills an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Fantastic salary with potential for bonus
- Advancement opportunities
- Detailed benefit package
- Work for one of Canada’s Top Ten Corporate Culture
We regret that only those candidates being considered will be contacted, but we thank you in advance for considering Acklands-Grainger Inc.