Kensington, the technology division of ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE: ACCO), has a current career opportunity to join our growing engineering team as a Quality Engineer in Burnaby, BC to focus on development of products for the mobile computing market. At Kensington, results-oriented individuals make significant contributions to the company's overall success. Employee partners are recognized and rewarded for their talents, efforts, achievements, and value of their individual contributions. As an integral part of ACCO Brands, we are a winning team that: acts with integrity, treats others with respect, embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and acts responsibly in our global community.
The successful candidate will work with a team of engineers, and product designers to test and develop innovative products and/or optimized quick-to-market products using leading edge technologies in electronics, wireless communications, mechatronics and mechanical engineering.
This important role requires a highly motivated, meticulous and self-directed professional who thrives in a fast paced, market-driven culture to drive product quality initiatives from concept through to release.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Generate and maintain test specifications for products destined for high-volume production;
- Plan and manage test projects from prototyping to production ramp up;
- Drive functional, reliability and compatibility verification processes from test design to analysis;
- Improve product quality through redesign of hardware, firmware and/or software components;
- Drive quality investigation from root cause analysis to corrective action;
- Manage external resources to fulfill engineering responsibilities;
- Act as in-house expert in testability, reliability and compatibility;
- Research and analyze test methodologies and technologies;
- Support other teams within Kensington
- Minimum B.Sc. in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years industry experience in test engineering or product engineering with involvement in the following areas: Software-firmware-hardware co-verification and troubleshooting
- Digital, analog and RF electronics
- Mechatronic or Mechanical
- Test fixture design/build
- Working knowledge in the following areas:
- Root cause analysis
- General statistical methods or statistical process control
- Efficiency in troubleshooting hardware and firmware
- Proficiency with lab equipment such as oscilloscope, data acquisition system and spectrum analyzers
- PCB rework – small SMT components including 0201, BGA and small 0.5mm pitch QFP
- Proficiency with common software packages such as MS Office Suite.
Preferred experience and skills:
- Wireless systems testing, such as Bluetooth, 802.11, UWB, ZigBee
- Global regulatory compliance including testing and certification process
- Consumer products or other high-volume product engineering
- Environmental and reliability testing and failure mode analysis
- Proficiency with CAD software such as PADS, Protel or OrCAD
*Local candidates only
Indeed - 12 months ago