Founded over thirty years ago and currently headquartered in the heart of Northern California’s Silicon Valley with approximately 175 talented employee partners globally in multiple geographies, Kensington Computer Products Group is the technology division of ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE: ACCO), a world leader in branded office products with annual revenues of nearly $2 billion and products marketed in more than 100 countries around the globe. Kensington has been creating ingenious products that make the connection between you and your mobile device more enjoyable, productive, and secure. Businesses, organizations, professional users and consumers each value the assurance provided by our Smart.Safe.Simple brand promise; we live it in everything we design, manufacture, and market.
ACCO Brands was founded in 1893, one of the earliest innovators of the mass produced paperclip, the American Clip Company has evolved into a powerhouse of market leading brands servicing the needs of employers and employees in the collective and personal spaces. ACCO Brands merged with Fortune Brands then subsequently, became a publicly traded company in 2005. ACCO Brands Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers of branded office and consumer products and print finishing solutions. The company’s widely recognized brands include AT-A-GLANCE®, Day-Timer®, Five Star®, GBC®, Hilroy®, Kensington®, Marbig, Mead®, NOBO, Quartet®, Rexel, Swingline®, Tilibra®, Wilson Jones® and many others. More information about ACCO Brands and our careers can be found at www.accobrands.com.
© 2011 Kensington Computer Products Group, a division of ACCO Brands. All rights reserved. ACCO Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Kensington, the technology division of ACCO Brands Corporation (NYSE: ACCO), has a current career opportunity to join our ACCO Canada Sales team as a National Account Manager. At Kensington, results-oriented individuals make significant contributions to the company's overall success. Employee partners are recognized and rewarded for their talents, efforts, achievements, and value of their individual contributions. As an integral part of ACCO Brands, we are a winning team that: acts with integrity, treats others with respect, embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and acts responsibly in our global community.
To develop and sell products for Kensington takes the collective talents of creative designers, dedicated product managers, sales and marketing wizards, operations gurus, and more. Our challenge is to identify and solve the technology pain points of the mobile professional. To this end, our teams, of diverse backgrounds and ages, are committed to meeting the changing needs of our channel partners and to continuously improve our customer experience as effectively and competitively as possible.
This National Account Manager position will provide constant and consistent sales expertise to channel customers within the assigned territory. Act as the main point of contact for account buyers, marketing managers, operation/inventory managers, customer financial contacts. Primary channel segment of focus to include, but not be limited to DMR, VAR and Distribution accounts in Canada; particular knowledge and experience in that channel set necessary. Using all marketing and channel activities at their disposal on the cross-functional team in Canada and the US, this person will own the sales targets by assigned account and plan the business to achieve maximum revenue growth.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific Responsibilities include: (optional to include);
- Managing sales accounts and ownership of results
- Working closely with the account buyers to build strong business relationships
- Continued account management of current book of business in addition to winning new customers and/or incremental product placement
- Presenting and gaining placement of new products and promotions
- Identifying new category opportunities and relaying to product management
- Participation in account marketing activities as needed (ie: trade events, trainings, floor events, etc.) and industry trade events
- Use of POS and sales-in data to identify strong performers and problem products
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university, or equivalent professional experience is required
- Minimum of 5-7 years sales or channel experience required; relevant industry / competitive experience in similar consumer products highly desirable
- 50% travel required in Canada and/or US
- Must have strong product and competitive product knowledge
- Passion for the job and company success--sense of urgency is a must!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; strong analytical skills a plus
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, able to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong customer focus – both internal and external: ability to think and respond quickly to customer questions during a sales call required. Must be able to troubleshoot problems
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Ability to adjust to a constantly changing environment
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in joining an industry-leading innovator and global company, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply online at: http://canada-acco.icims.com/jobs/5297/job?mode=view
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in ACCO Brands, but regret that only those under consideration will be contacted.