Join a growing dynamic team. Work on unique large scale projects for our Global customers while fine tuning your skills as a...
Welder – Fitter
ABS Machining is an industry leading large component manufacturing facility located in Mississauga offering a very competitive remuneration package including a comprehensive benefits program. (www.absmachining.com)
As an experienced welder / fitter you are capable of…
- Fitting and welding of large custom machined complex components.
- Must be able to keep up to a very high paced environment.
- Working from blue prints, engineering drawings and specifications.
- Moving material using a forklift and crane according to standard operating procedure, safety regulations and practices.
- Lifting 70 pounds maximum and/or frequently lifting or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Following ABS established safety practices and regulations.
- At least 2 years of fitting (welding) experience in a custom/job shop environment (structural steel experience an asset)
- CWB certification an asset.
- Must be very strong at reading blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Heavy strength demand capable of lifting up to 70 lbs.
- Forklift & Crane Experience an asset
- Able to work overtime and shift work
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to organize own work effectively, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- Motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or walk-ins please.