ABS Machining is a modern manufacturing shop located in Ontario, Canada, with facilities in Brampton, Burlington and Mississauga. ABS serves a variety of industries including Mining, Gas & Oil, Hydro Electric, Transportation, Wind and Solar Energy, by manufacturing medium and large components for the most prestigious companies around the world. We service our clients using our 70 plus CNC machines with Fanuc, Heidenhain, Siemens, Tosnuc (Toshiba) controls (growing at the rate of between 5 and 7 million dollars of new equipment yearly) and our state of the art welding facility. ABS Machining produces custom designed and production parts for Global OEM’s as custom (one-off) or multiple quantities.
Currently we are looking for a Maintenance Tooling Engineer. The Maintenance Tooling Engineer will be responsible for all preventative maintenance and repair of plant equipment to ensure uninterrupted day to day operations. Responsibilities also include retrofitting/installation of machinery.
The ideal candidate will:
- Supervise and support the day-to-day work of the Maintenance Department (team of 10 plus subcontractors).
- Develop and manage a comprehensive preventative maintenance program.
- Manage the repair of plant machinery/equipment.
- Investigate and recommend new technologies that improve our machine tool capabilities.
- Participate in the selection of new equipment and technologies.
- Manage retrofitting/installation of existing and new equipment (building and enhancing mechanical/electrical components).
- Train, mentor, (this includes sourcing courses to upgrade skills), assign work activities to team members to minimize downtime, and ensure projects are being completed on time.
- Monitor production priorities.
- Measure and monitor team performance.
- Analyze machinery utilization and implement solutions to increase production efficiency.
- Oversee that the maintenance budget of 1.7 to 2 million dollars a year.
- Ensure that personnel are trained in safety standards and ensure that standards are monitored.
- Ensure daily checklists of machinery are being conducted.
- Follow established safety practices and regulation.
- Must have experience/knowledge working with
o Machine tool building
o Fanuc, Heidenhain, Siemens and Tosnuc (Toshiba) Controls
o Hydraulics (hydrostatics) and pneumatics (aerostatics)
o Precision spindles assembly
o Precision machine leveling laser calibration
o Electric and electronic controls
o Machine tool/gear geometrics
o Modernization and upgrading of machinery
- Must have experience with building and maintenance of large complex European horizontal and vertical Boring Mills (Pama, Wotan, Kolomna, Bonetti, Speedram, etc.)
o Palletize boring mills with table capacity of 3 metric tons to 25 tons
o Floor horizontal mills with multiple heads, rotary tables up to 120 tons
o Vertical mills from 50-250 metric ton capacity with C axis.
- Post-secondary degree in a technical or engineering field, B.Sc. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 10 years’ supervisory experience in a custom machine shop environment.
- Ability to read complex drawing/blueprints
- Familiar with Employment Standards Act, Human Rights legislation, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, and all other applicable safety codes and legislation.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong organizational and communicational skills in both oral and written form.
- Previous experience working with overhead cranes an asset.
ABS Machining is offering a competitive remuneration package of $100,000+ bonus annually. Employee’s will also be enrolled in our comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental and eye care coverage. Employees are also given the opportunity to take part in our RRSP employer sponsored plan. Relocation assistance can be provided as required