ABS Machining Inc. has been in business since 1971 and services a variety of industries including, mining, gas & oil, hydro electric, transportation, wind and solar energy. With 5 manufacturing facilities located in Brampton, Burlington and Mississauga, leading edge technical capabilities and a loyal dedicated team of skilled employees you will be receiving an excellent opportunity to be a part of a well established growing market leader.
We offer a very competitive remuneration package including a comprehensive benefits program. www.absmachining.com
Machine Builder - Assembler - Fitter
· Assembly of large complex parts as per traveler, blue prints, engineering drawings, & written instructions
· Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies of finish products using hand and power tools
· Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
· Quality inspection of parts
· Deburring, grinding, drilling, tapping, honing as needed
· Tack welding of pieces together to assemble parts
· Working with dry ice or liquid nitrogen for assembly fitting
· Must be able to measure with micrometers
· Following ABS established safety practices and procedures
Must have previous assembly experience working in fast passed custom machining job shop.
Strong Mechanical aptitude
Must be able to use measuring instruments such as calipers and micrometers.
Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, & schematics.
Experience with use of air tools, impact wrenches, die grinders, electrical drills, and general labor.
Flexibility and adaptability are very key attributes needed to success in this role
Forklift & Crane Experience required
Able to work overtime
Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to detail.
Strong organizational skills, ability to organize own work effectively, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
Motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please no phone calls or walk-ins.