Horizontal Boring Mill Setup/CNC Machinist needed.
Multiple shifts and positions available.
ABS Machining Inc. is once again growing, so if you would like to join a dynamic team, work for a well established industry leader on unique large scale projects while fine tuning your skills, then ABS Machining Inc. is the place for you.
- Responsible for setup and operation of large CNC Horizontal Boring mills
- Machine product (5-60 tons) to specified requirements as defined on Job Travelers, Drawings, and Sketches. Must be able to read blueprints and various symbols regarding tolerances, surface finishes, etc.
- Pre-inspection of parts to ensure product compliance is achievable prior to metal removal process.
- Verify tooling requirements are met in advanced of the commencement of each job. Escalate any issues/concerns to supervisor.
- Machine product at optimal conditions to maintain cost effectiveness of machining process.
- Ability to read and understand programs to a degree that will allow you to modify / edit programs.
- Maintain tooling in peak conditions.
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precision measuring instruments as required.
- Practice excellent general housekeeping, including but not limited to, his/her work area, chip removal, floor areas, benches, storage areas to ensure a safe work environment.
- Perform daily machine checks per preventative maintenance program and safety procedures.
- Use of overhead crane to setup and move parts.
- Follow ABS established safety practices and regulation.
- Minimum 10 years CNC machining experience, consisting of machine setup & Operation of "large" CNC Boring Mills (Vertical & Horizontal)
- General machinist certification an asset.
- Challenged daily in working with large complex & fabricated components, where material variation and conditions require an analytical approach to machining of product.
- Ability to read & interpret blue prints, drawings, charts & tables.
- Motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail.
- Previous experience working with overhead cranes an asset.