Do you have a passion for software and for testing? Do you want to use your analytical skills where they will have a real impact on the performance of a global online marketplace? Are you tenacious yet tactful? Do you notice both the trees and the forest? If you have the skills, initiative and experience to work with our teams to drive the quality assurance process, we'd like to meet you.
AbeBooks.com - part of the Amazon.com Inc. group of companies - is looking for an experienced Quality Assurance Engineer to work at our headquarters in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. As a QA Engineer embedded in an Agile team, you will use your knowledge of software development and quality assurance practices to ensure that code developed at AbeBooks and projects using that code are of the highest quality, meet all target requirements, and produce a superior customer experience.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Minimum of at least 4 years of QA/Testing experience with security, performance, functional and reliability testing
- Experience testing web-based applications in a high-availability, high performance, large scale environment
- Usability and accessibility testing experience
- Proven experience advocating quality assurance practices and achievement of high standards
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional team
- Strong sense of ownership and customer obsession
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and dive deep into details
- Ability to continuously identify areas of improvement for yourself and your team
- Mentoring skills across cross-functional teams
Experience with the following would also be beneficial:
- Testing e-commerce applications
- Excellent understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Solid experience with a variety of test automation tools to improve test coverage and effectiveness
- Proven Object Oriented programming skills preferably in Java on Unix/Linux platforms
- Excellent understanding of Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
AbeBooks provides competitive salaries and great benefits. If you enjoy constantly broadening your technical skills, building software that affects users around the world, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity and product innovation, please submit your resume at www.abebooks.com/careers.
We appreciate your interest in AbeBooks!
AbeBooks is an online marketplace for books, with over 110 million primarily used, rare and out-of-print books listed for sale by thousands...