ABC Recycling is seeking experienced operations managers for their Terrace, BC, and Grande Prairie, Alberta job sites. These senior management positions offer attractive compensation and benefits combined with long term opportunities for advancement with a dynamic, growing organization with a positive work culture.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Operations Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective operation of the ABC location, to ensure incoming freight is received from customers, weighed and valued, stored and protected; and that outgoing goods are transported to end destinations in the most timely and effective manner possible. The role supervises a complement of 10-12 yard staff to provide outstanding customer service, introduce enhanced, cost effective procedures, ensure adherence to policy and regulatory requirements, and achieve the organization's mission and goals. In keeping with ABC's longstanding values, the Operations Manager contributes to the development of an engaged, performance-oriented work force, a positive work culture and community spirit.
- Ensure efficient handling and unloading of incoming freight, including accuracy against the bills of lading; verification of packing slips for proper quantity and condition of goods
- Ensure that inventory levels are monitored and reported daily
- Load and deliver all outgoing sales in a timely manner; maintain quality control for all loads
- Coordinate with purchasing, receiving, warehouse operations, finance and other functions in Burnaby and other ABC locations
- Financial management of the facility, including budgeting and P&L responsibilities.
- Ensure compliance with all ABC policies, including safety programs, quality control standards, environmental guidelines, security and risk management requirements.
- Maintain clean and orderly inventory and yard area
- Ensure property, facilities and equipment remain in good repair and appearance.
- Make recommendations on replacement, additions, or deletions of facilities and equipment when needed and / or economically justified.
- Work with customers to resolve problems and report complaints to the General Manager.
- Maintain service levels consistent with ABC's service standards.
- Establish and build strong client relationships for the long-term.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of seven years in metals recycling or comparable heavy, logistics-dominated industry, including yard (line) experience
- A minimum of two years' supervisory experience.
- Relevant post-secondary certificate, degree or equivalent training
- Excellent understanding of safety requirements and what it takes to instill safety-first attitude in a busy job site
- Demonstrated customer service skills and ability to build and maintain long term, senior account relationships
- Excellent reputation as a supervisor of loyal staff who invests in the training, development and growth of employees at all levels.
- Strong financial acumen; ability to create budgets, prepare timely financial data, inventory and volume reports; respond to head office requirements for information, and always be on top of production metrics.
- A well-developed understanding and affinity for working for a private, family business with a long history of success.
About this company
ABC Recycling is a Canadian family enterprise with a 101-year heritage of serving and supporting communities through the recovery, processing and recycling of scrap metal. With locations in Burnaby, Surrey, Campbell River, Prince George, Kelowna,Terrace, Fort St John and Grande Prairie, ABC Recycling has an enviable record of profitable growth and leadership in the metals recycling industry and is a leading force as one of the sector's fastest growing Canadian companies. An award-winning employer, ABC is known for its commitment to the community through its many charitable and environmental endeavours including the innovative Kidney Metals Recycling program.
ABC Recycling is a Canadian family enterprise with a 101-year heritage of serving and supporting communities through the recovery,...