ABC is seeking dynamic General Managers for its Terrace, BC and Grande Prairie, Alberta locations, to assume responsibility for business development and overseeing operations in these key regions. ABC is a leading player in the metals recycling industry in western Canada, and these positions are part of a strategic expansion strategy and the integration of operations acquired through partnerships with successful local recycling enterprises. The successful candidates will lead these operations to the next level by building profitable client relationships and inspiring operational excellence, and share in the profitability of that success.
ABC offers attractive remuneration and benefits, relocation assistance and long term opportunities for career growth, along with a family-oriented, positive and socially responsible work culture.
The GM will:
- Establish and maintain profitable client relationships in the local community and region
- Oversee environmental, health & safety programs and processes to create a safe environment for all employees, customers and visitors.
- Develop strategic and tactical location initiatives supportive of the organization’s goals
- Create annual operating and capex budgets and operate the facility within them taking into account: equipment condition; environmental necessities; operational needs; ability to sustain business operations; business growth.
- Ensure development of facility Standard Operating Procedures.
- Manage and oversee facility human resources functions and processes including training, development and performance management.
- Oversee and manage the weigh scale and security functions and staffing.
- Measure and report service and operational data and efficiencies, identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Manage strategic relationships with all supply chain partners
- Minimum of 5-10 years previous experience in steel scrap yard operations or comparable working environment, and familiarity with all aspects of physical operations.
- Demonstrated success in business to business development and generating revenue growth for organization(s) of similar size and scope in a heavy industrial context.
- Knowledge of the local market an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma – emphasis in operations, logistics, supply chain, or international trade.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent relationship and negotiation skills.
- Highly ethical.
- Strategic and tactical.
- Safety and environmental conscience.
- Creative “out of the box” mindset.
About the Company:
ABC Recycling is a Canadian family enterprise with a 101-year heritage of serving and supporting communities through the recovery, processing and recycling of scrap metal. With locations in Burnaby, Surrey, Campbell River, Prince George, Kelowna,Terrace, Fort St John and Grande Prairie, ABC Recycling has an enviable record of profitable growth and leadership in the metals recycling industry and is a leading force as one of the sector's fastest growing Canadian companies. An award-winning employer, ABC is known for its commitment to the community through its many charitable and environmental endeavours including the innovative Kidney Metals Recycling program.
Indeed - 6 months ago