ABC Head Start offers a comprehensive preschool and family support program for low income families. Operating in 11 locations across Edmonton, our goal is to prepare children for a successful educational experience in partnership with the family and community. Children in the ABC Head Start program are 3½ to 5 years of age.
Educational Assistants and Special Needs Assistants support the Head Start Teacher and the inter disciplinary team of Social Workers, Speech Language Pathologists with instruction and classroom management of the Early Learning programs.
- Early Learning and Child Care Diploma, Special Needs Educational Assistant Diploma, Rehabilitation Practitioner Diploma or equivalent
- Related experience working with pre-school children is required
- Experience working with children with special needs is an asset
- Experience managing nutritional or dietary programs for children or youth is highly desirable
- A Current Childcare First Aid Certificate is required
Compensation: $15.67 per hour
Closing Date: Position will remain open till a suitable candidate is found.
To apply, email your résumé and a cover letter.
Qualified candidates from this competition will be considered for future opportunities that may arise within the agency.
For detailed job descriptions, please visit our web site www.abcheadstart.org
ABC Head Start thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.