ABC COUNTRY RESTAURANT Employee Reviews

productive workplace, poorly taken care of.
Hostess & Busser (Former Employee) –  Stony Plain, ABMay 16, 2016
Typical day at work would be long and stressful due to the fact the building as extremely unsanitary. I learned that management didn't take the step forward to fix any problems that needed to be fixed or the place would get shut down. My co-workers were nice but liked to make the hostess and busser's take care of all their work. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with problems that nobody seemed to care about, but the easiest part of the job would be interacting with customers.
Pros
free meal
Cons
No hours.
it was a great experience with ABC Country
Host and Support (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BCAugust 2, 2016
Friendly co-workers and helpful.
We treat each other as family.
The manager is friendly, open-minded and tough.
Smiling and hard working at place.
I enjoy working in fast task.
Pros
Comfortable with all my duties and co-workers
Cons
no promoting
always on your feet
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 26, 2016
Not only were you in a stressful atmosphere, you were in a fun group of people. The resto is incredibly busy with a lot to do. You have to be on your feet for a lot of hours and at some points you were running from the tables to the food. But every moment of pressure and every rush was well worth it as the team works great to help each other. The owners are hard working and always supportive.
Positive work environment
Line/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCApril 19, 2016
Very good experience, managers and coworkers are always willing to give you a hand without hesitation whenever you may need a little bit of extra time to learn a task, or tips/advice.
Fun fast-paced work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 21, 2015
Fun fast-paced work environment. Supportive management. Providing friendly, efficient customer service in a busy restaurant.
Fast paced place, great customers and staff
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 2, 2012
A typical day at work would be making sure there was enough coffee, seating guests, serving drinks and refills, printing out and giving the guests their bills, settling the bills, then clearing and cleaning the tables, and end of shift cleaning in the host area. On Sunday, this would include set up and take down of the buffet.

Besides learning things like how to refill the fountain drink machine and juice machines, I learned how to use the cash register and what type of glass to use for which type of wine. I improved time management skills.

My managers and coworkers were lovely and helpful, especially during the first bit while I was learning on the job. Everyone is very approachable and generally nice.

The hardest part of the job was that sometimes, at the end of the shift, it was difficult to get the end of shift cleaning done in between the customers coming in. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the wonderful people that I got to meet, both the customers and the staff.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no full time opportunities
Busser (Former Employee) –  Mission, BCFebruary 26, 2014
ABC Country Restaurant is a great place to work and have very friendly staff. A typical day at work consisted of me clearing tables and setting them again and helping the customers in need. I learned how to move in a fast paced environment. The hardest part of my job was clearing the larger conference tables because I try to take all the dirty dishes in one trip to make it faster, but I am not strong enough. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to work and have fun at the same time, I enjoyed working hard and still laughing with the other staff members.
Pros
free food on break if you work 5 hours or more
Cons
not enough hours
Family like team
Hostess/Waitress/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Mission, BCJune 11, 2014
ABC and it's employees have watched me grow up over the past five years and many of the staff that have stuck around are like family to me. I enjoy working there and love all of our regular customers that have taken the time to get to know us. My coworkers and boss are amazing and help me whenever I need it. I have definitely learned how to be more confident with myself by talking to strangers.
fun
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2014
was laid back management but i always made sure i could move up to server or manager
not a place you look forward to waking up and going to work
line cook (Former Employee) –  medicine hatFebruary 17, 2012
i found the own tends to believe peoples words and pull the triger prematurely before talking about the matters... very low tips for the kitchens part... and the waitresses didnt seem to bother about verbal respect
Pros
the co workers were the only upside
Cons
no breaks, no bonuses, christmas parties, lack of manager-co workers engagment
Provided a fast working environment.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BCMarch 19, 2013
Working at ABC Country Restaurant I've learned to be quick on my feet. Not only do I have to be quick but I have to be very clean and organized. I performed my tasks to the best of my ability. I enjoy working with my fellow peers and meeting new people.
Pros
gained new work experience
Cons
not enough hours
Bus Boy (Former Employee) –  merrittOctober 2, 2013
fun place management was cool. worked hard when busy. co-workers were nice.
Fun fast paced enviroment
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Mission, BCJuly 27, 2012
Greeting customers, Seating customers, taking customer orders, handeling cash, night deosits.

ABC COUNTRY RESTAURANT Reviews by Location