A.P. Plasman Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not for the faint of heart.
forklift driver (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 4, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Too much overtime, unpleasant managers, heavy workload, busy stressful environment.
This job pays a decent wage but be prepared to work 6 days a week, EVERY WEEK. You may be stuck on the same shift for several months at a time. You get a 10 minute relief break approximately 2 hours in, a 20 minute lunch at 4 hours, and another 10 at 6 hours in. Breaks are strictly enforced, do not even try to take an extra minute. Sometimes I did not get a lunch break until 6 hours into my shift. Managers don't give you any feedback on how you're doing. You are also expected to show up to your shift early. I'm pretty sure that's illegal. This workplace is not recommended.
Stressful environment where mgt bonuses based on production are the driving force of their mistreatment of the line workers.
line worker (Former Employee), Windsor OntarioSeptember 22, 2015
Pros: Some good people that don't treat others with the contempt that others do
Cons: Management and Supervisory Staff disconnect to line workers, which promotes blame shifting
On their website they claim "We take great pride in our employees. Focus on our employees is substantiated by the many programs and systems that we have in place to ensure a safe and healthy work environment, and an environment that encourages employee input, growth, and open communication." It looks good on paper, but is not practiced in real life. Machine break downs, unavailable parts delay, and some workers attitudes affect the ability to make production quotas. If that is not enough, the management team practices putting the screws to the supervisory staff who are more that willing to pass the pain onto the floor workers. The company's claim of being interested in communication with their employees and customers is in name only.
There are many line workers who will assist new workers in learning the jobs, but unfortunately there are enough who don't, and that only adds to the stress of the numbers game. Some less than honest workers have no personal checks against setting up temp workers for the fall when production numbers are low, or when they make mistakes that slow or shut the lines down.
To their harm, there are certain supervisory staff, who if they judge you in a negative light, will go to whatever ends possible to cast you in the worst possible light, magnifying any opportunities/mistakes of shortcomings, while totally ignoring hard work and effort. Training is minimal, and judgment is plentiful with those folk.
If you are looking for a job that has the potential to stress you to the max, or one that will frustrate you to no end... then AP Plasman may be the – more... right fit for you. – less
Productive, Chalenging
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJune 14, 2015
Pros: New challenges everyday
Cons: None
It was a wonderful experience, nice people to work with. They work with you unless you are not comfortable.
Management are very cooperative.
Coworker is very nice people to work with.
Some times long hours.
Everyday something new.
very unorganized and miss managed
1year temp employee (Current Employee), emeryvilleApril 19, 2015
Pros: some people try to work togeather
Cons: lot of people try to be the boss
Management style intimidation'to much favouritism most employees speak broken English when they speak English' incompetent HR department treat injured worker unfairly and harrass them back to work and play on there lack of knowledge to there rights.gone as soon as a opening comes up
Productive and Fun Workplace
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Oldcastle, ONJuly 2, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
My job was pretty easy as i recall, working at a respectable speed everything expected for that day was achievable. I learned how to fix the computers that helped control the machine with the car parts. The management team was awesome, everyone was very helpful and friendly. Every job i experienced working was easy and straight forward, as a member of the assembly line team we always exceeded to do our best.
Energetic and balanced place of employment
Quality Manager (Former Employee), Tilbury, ONApril 29, 2013
Pros: good benifits
Cons: travel-long hours
Energetic and balanced place to work. Multiple facilities and effectively managed. Have been purchased and repurchased and continue to grow in size and accounts. Good, hardworking people at all levels.
Typical day began at 6am and concluded at 6pm from a management perspective. Multiple customers and facilities and was responsible for GM-KIA-Chrysler-Honda and Toyota quality accounts.
Busy days with many opportunities to succeed and/or fail.
not a place to have a career
PRODUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Windsor, ONFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
the floor people are great, althought the management staff have no clue. they say one thing and do another. I don't have a lot of good to say about the place so I will stop here.
friendly co-workers
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: easy work
Cons: it was temporary
Assembly of plastic molds. most of the jobs are easy to do but it requires standing for long periods of time. most people who i worked with where very friendly and helpful when first time doing the job.