ASAP Secured Insurance Security Division
This position is not full time or part time, it is a casual/on call security position. We monitor disaster sites, fire, explosion, water damage, tornado, flood, etc…Shifts are 12 hours in length and usually run 0600-1800 or 1800-0600. When we receive a site we monitor the site 24/7 in which you will be assigned to a specific assignment which could last 1 day or potentially over a week to 2 weeks or more. Depending on your availability and commitment you can work 12 hours per week or up to 84 hours per week (in which case after 44 hours you would receive time and a half for all additional OT hours). We offer the following per diems as well:
ASAP Per Diems:
Mileage: $0.30 per km (from your house to the assignment site)
Car allowance: $10.00 per shift
Phone Allowance: $5.00 per shift
Food Allowance if you stay in hotel: $25.00 per day (we will pay for your hotels if you travel over 100km, if you choose to travel)
$13.00 per hour (44hrs per week x $13.00/hr=$572
Overtime (40hrs per week x $19.00/hr=$760)
84 hours per week or working 7 x 12hour shifts =$1332 per week + your Per diems, mileage, car allowance, phone allowance, etc… (so potentially $1500 per week, if you choose to be available everyday with ASAP Secured)
This is not a full time job, this is not guaranteed 40 hours per week. This is on call casual work and depending on your willingness or availability will result in your ability to get these hours and this type of wage.
1) You must own a car and willing to travel up to at least 1-2 hour minimum from home.
2) Valid Ontario Security Guard license
3) Good oral and written communication skills
4) Attention to detail skills and understanding of entry and access points, access control security
5) A willingness and availability to be able to receive phone calls at any time of the day to cover shifts.
6) Work in any weather conditions