This position is responsible for picking, packing, shipping, receiving and recording & controlling the movement of parts, supplies, and materials to and from the warehouse.
1. Receive all incoming products as correct for product type/item, labeling, quantity and condition. Perform quality verifications as per the requirements of the QA program. Communicate any deficiencies and non-conformances promptly.
2. Perform receiving functions in the computer system, and accurately track and file/forward all paperwork.
3. Put away stock in warehouse correctly, properly bin located, labeled and in it’s assigned correct location.
4. Handle all customer orders promptly, making sure they are picked, packed and accurately shipped on time or earlier. Respond on a priority basis to any rush/urgent customer demands or sales dept requests.
5. Interact with customers, sales reps, and customer service persons in a professional and helpful manner.
6. Process product returns on a timely basis, consulting with customer service reps where applicable.
7. Perform stock inventory cycle counts or periodic counts as requested.
8. Monitor warehouse shelves/racks/bins for tidiness and proper placement. Ensure products are properly labeled when boxes are opened, and that product is protected adequately while in storage.
9. Keep workplace clean and neat; sweep and dispose of garbage daily, dispose of unneeded used packaging materials (skids/boxes) weekly.
10. Enter shipping information in the computer system accurately and promptly. Arrange transport/pick-up, and assist in truck loading and unloading. Ensure that all Bills-of-Lading and manifests are properly completed.
11. Obtain and maintain forklift certification, and effectively use material handling equipment as prescribed.
12. Ensure precautions are taken to ensure inventory security to prevent loss.
13. Follow all operating processes, and use all relevant safety practices and equipment.
14. Assist with continuous improvement initiatives and provide recommendations for new initiatives on an on-going basis.
Page 2 JOB DESCRIPTION
WAREHOUSE Shipper/Receiver – Branch
HEALTH & SAFETY ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Read, understand and comply with A. R. Thomson Group’s Health and Safety
Policies, Procedures and Safe Work Practices
2. Wear the appropriate personal protective equipment
3. Report any unsafe, unhealthy condition to the Supervisor immediately
4. Report any near miss, injury or equipment damage accident to the Supervisor
immediately and complete the required reports
5. Take every reasonable precaution to protect your safety and that of other workers
in the area and the general public