Location: Downtown Toronto
Start Date: Immediate
Position Status: Full-Time
The Company : A.K.A. is a Toronto-based strategic communications and technology company that develops customized online and offline solutions for prominent companies and organization across a range of industries, including the not-for-profit sector. Since its inception in 1997, A.K.A. has exemplified a passionate commitment to providing the highest quality solutions. Built on thoughtful and open relationships with our clients, A.K.A strives to understand the unique context of their organizations completely. Whether designing integrated marketing strategies, websites or custom software solutions, A.K.A. maintains immense pride in all of the work and services it provides.
Types of solutions A.K.A. provides :
- Digital Strategy
- Integrated Marketing Campaigns
- Consultation (Brand/Website Analysis, SEO Analysis, Social Networking, etc.)
- Web design
- User Interface
- Website Development
- Content Management System (CMS) Integration and Training (Kentico CMS Gold Partner)
- Social Media
- Software Development
The Opportunity : A.K.A. is seeking a Sales Professional to help introduce, promote and sell A.K.A.’s strategic, creative and technical services within targeted markets. This is salaried position with a small performance component. Working in a fast-paced, highly-skilled team environment, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for increasing new business opportunities for the company.
The Role : In the role of Business Development Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing and executing sales strategies to achieve revenue and profit goals through cold calling, lead generation, presentation and general marketing efforts
- Real-time recording of sales activities in company CRM database
- Background research on prospective clients, their business/organization and their current communication strategy
- Support creating and improving sales and marketing (website, sell sheets, online advertising, etc.)
- Conducting qualification demonstrations (remote and in-person)
- Selling appropriate solutions through listening and learning about the customers’ needs and demonstrating how A.K.A. can satisfy them
- Creating a successful prospecting and selling strategy to effectively grow client base
- Client retention: maintaining successful relationships and grow revenues with current clients
- Conducting, preparing and attending industry conferences (1 or 2 per year)
- Finding, evaluating and responding to RFP’s
- Supporting Business Development initiatives for the AKA Broker product (www.akabroker.com)
- Preparing reports and updates on prospect and sales activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years experience in a sales/business development role
- Experience selling creative and technology solutions
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Understanding of marketing principles, print design branding and website development
- Inherent interest and understanding of Internet technologies (including social media/networking)
- Post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in the field of business, marketing, communications, arts or technology
- Strong grasp of a sales methodology, while being a capable and confident closer
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Motivated self-starter with excellent organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Demonstrated professional history of goal setting and achievement above and beyond expectations
- Good understanding of general web technologies, especially websites, e-mail, social networking tools and current Internet and user behavior trends.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Highly focused attention to detail
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong team-working skills
For more information, please visit www.akanewmedia.com
Interested candidates should respond to this posting with their resume and cover letter and put "New Media Business Development Manager" in the subject line.
Only those short-listed will be contacted.
NO HEADHUNTERS OR EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES PLEASE.
Indeed - 15 months ago
A.K.A. is a Toronto-based strategic communications and technology company that develops customized online and offline solutions for...