The main emphasis of this position is to grow sales in Canada. The Regional Business Development Manager will accomplish this through multi-tiered responsibilities.
- Business Development: Working with new and existing locations in establishing and developing their sales strategy and revenue planning, as well as monitoring key performance indicators for each location. Source potential qualified new franchisees.
- Operations: Conducts Operational Review to understand the health of the businesses in Canada. Creates and monitors actions steps for corrective action. Recognizes and disseminates best practices information.
- Administration: Act as a liaison between head office and Canadian stores; Drives the coordination of management solutions for the business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement action plans toward resolution of unsatisfactory performance to meet company strategic objectives. Identify and develop alternative scenarios for the Company when a distressed store has been identified . Assist in the initial research and development of new office locations.
- Suggest programs to support ASP growth and sales initiatives.
- Assist in development of all new territories.
- Assist in development and maintenance of marketing plans.
- Assist in identification and penetration in new markets.
- Provide sales and business analysis support to all stores in assigned territory
- Suggest and help structure provider motivational activities and sales contests where necessary with stores.
- Become familiar with retail competitors in the territory in order to have ready sources of new potential new stores.
- Conduct due diligence on potential new stores and make recommendations regarding whether to proceed with new business opportunities.
- Provide guidance, motivation and feedback for store managers on reaching established goals.
- Perform Compliance Audits / Operational Reviews. Meet on a regular basis with Regional Manager for assessment, planning and corrective action development based upon in-depth understanding of their key performance indicators; i.e. Sales, Staffing, Training, Territory Penetration, Marketing & Advertising, Profitability, Operational Programs, Technical Status (both IT and Product) and if applicable host location relationship. In the case of IT and Product, serve as liaison to Professional Development Department, IT as necessary.
- Assist in the deployment of and ensure correct use of Salesforce.com, sycle.net, OPS and other business programs.
- Instruct and assist Regional Manager in the preparation and tracking of business plans. Utilize company data to monitor store performance to plan.
- Serve as consultant to Regional Managers and Store Managers on fundamental business issues including accounting, AP, AR, recruitment and promotion.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with practices, policies, programs and initiatives.
- Works closely with The Company team related to operational activities within assigned region and in developing resources, programs, or materials to support field operations.
- Recognize and disseminate information of any and all best practices which would help Retail Operations collectively in reaching higher sales productivity or operational efficiency.
- Responsible to initiate and maintain open and candid discussions of status reports on territory development with the VP and Regional Manager.
- Adhere to budget and monitor travel expenses.
- Understand and follow all company and regulatory policies and practices.
- Promote and work well independently and in a team environment with the goal of creating exceptional service and tools through cooperative efforts.
- Attend state, regional, and national meetings to recruit for and promote business growth opportunities.
- Establish relationships with universities, societies, associations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned or as required to meet customer or business needs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must have a Business or Audiology Bachelors Degree; Advanced degree preferred.
- Must have 3+ years retail management experience.
- Must have experience in retail profitability and sales potential analysis.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all types of people.
- Must be a problem solver and be able to creatively recommend suggested solutions to business performance issues.
- Must be comfortable and effective with analyzing business and financial situations, and reports.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be personable, ethical, have a spotless work record in terms of financial dealings in the past.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office as well as Internet.
Indeed - 23 months ago