IT Specialist - Brantford, Ontario
Posera-HDX is a successful national company that develops, implements, and supports business solutions. Our family of companies provides a broad product offering and a nation-wide service network.
You will join our Brantford office which is an easy commute from many areas in Southern Ontario.
The IT Specialist role requires a mixture of technical skills and business ability. You will a member of a small Infrastructure Support Team responsible for all technical equipment that resides in the company. This includes but is not limited to Windows 2003/2008 based application servers, Windows XP/Windows 7 desktops, Linux based servers, switches, routers, wireless access points and other computer peripherals. As an IT Specialist, you will be focused on the servers that are used to maintain operations. This comprises of approximately 30 servers and multiple appliances that run in the data center.
The IT Specialist is responsible for ensuring all core systems are fully patched with the latest vendor supplied patches. These include Windows patches, Linux patches, software updates, hardware firmware updates, network equipment firmware updates, application upgrades, etc.
- Act as a point of escalation for technical issues
- Ensure all systems are kept fully patched with vendor supplied patches.
- Install, manage, troubleshoot and diagnose application issues with varied internal systems (Microsoft Windows, Server, Exchange, Trend Micro Security, Mitel VoIP, OpenVPN, ScreenConnect, and various desktop applications)
- Setup, manage, troubleshoot, and diagnose wireless (Blackberry) devices
- Work closely with the Software Development, Sales, and Help Desk Teams
- Create technical drawings and related technical materials for internal solutions
- Manage timelines and priorities of technical projects.
- Carry a cell phone and be available for emergency systems support.
- This position may require some late night/early morning work to accommodate service windows for patching/upgrading key systems
- Submit to a criminal record and credit report background check (paid for by employer) upon accepting any job offer by the company and prior to first day of work
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows (server and client versions) in a diverse environment.
- Technical knowledge of Linux. This should include comfort in the linux shell environment. You need to understand Linux configuration and be able to work with SNMP, NTP, Scripting, Ethernet configuration, etc.
- Technical knowledge of Data networking products, Complex data solutions, and networked equipment that include Routing, Switching, IP Networks, VPNs, Servers and Security.
- Technical knowledge of Internet technologies, architecture and design
- Detailed knowledge of IP Web technologies, particularly security, firewalls, VPN's, web commerce, web architecture.
- Advanced PC skills including Word processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentations, internet applications
- Ability to translate and communicate business needs into technical requirements
- Ability to facilitate solutions in a complex technology and business environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrated competency use creativity and innovation to develop solutions
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of the Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standards is an asset, but not required.
- VMWare ESXi Experience an asset
This position is based in Brantford, Ontario, Canada with occasional travel to Mississauga, London, and Ottawa.
Indeed - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard